• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 233 26.2%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I haven't been following gaming news for a long while,so serious question..... How tf are we at Black ops 6? Did they skip 4 and 5 or have I been living under a proverbial rock? (I pretty much have been, but still)

Last edited:
Soldato
What are peoples views on the Elite 2 Controller?

Tempted to pick one up, feel like I’d prefer more tension on the joy stick.

I’ve not done much research, it’s sort of an impulse buy if I do go for one.

Soldato

I bought one last month and love it. One thing to note is that I was expecting to use the back paddles more than I actually did. But setting the triggers to the shortest click distance helped a lot in CoD. I'll probably tighten up the sticks at some point but even in its default setting it feels pretty good.

Last edited:
Soldato

Great while they last. Nice weighty pad with bomb proof battery life and the adjustable stick tension is great.

Bought mine in December 2020. However, mine has developed dodgy LB/RB buttons with presses constantly not registering and also the A button is misfiring too.

Reasonable use since new but nothing excessive. I reverted to my OEM controller about a year ago now (day 1 series x pad) and my elite v2 has stayed in its case.

Suppose I should get around to taking it apart to fix it but I barely play Xbox these days so it is still on my to do list.

Soldato
Great while they last. Nice weighty pad with bomb proof battery life and the adjustable stick tension is great.

Bought mine in December 2020. However, mine has developed dodgy LB/RB buttons with presses constantly not registering and also the A button is misfiring too.

Reasonable use since new but nothing excessive. I reverted to my OEM controller about a year ago now (day 1 series x pad) and my elite v2 has stayed in its case.

Suppose I should get around to taking it apart to fix it but I barely play Xbox these days so it is still on my to do list.

It’s a shame as judging by long term reviews there is plenty of mention of such niggles.

Although people often don’t post about the faultless positive experiences.

It worries me getting used to something which isn’t standard, which is mainly why I’ve been reluctant to pick one up.

Associate
It’s a shame as judging by long term reviews there is plenty of mention of such niggles.

It worries me getting used to something which isn’t standard, which is mainly why I’ve been reluctant to pick one up.

Yea it is. I came close to buying the Elite a couple of times but never could quite pull the trigger. Also in part as I don't really have a 'main' and play across all formats. The other thing that puts me off both official Pro controllers is the lack of hall effect sensors. I appreciate you might be able to mod them but it's a shame none of the console manufacturers have improved this aspect (I suspect because of historical patents but not sure).

I would probably go for the Turtle Beach Stealth Ultra over the Elite for that reason. That said on PC and Switch with tons of decent options from Apex, Guilikit, 8bitdo etc. there's less reasons to buy the official controllers.

Soldato

I feel it is a great lad while it works. Really enjoyed using mine. I suppose there’s various ways of looking at it.

But a full elite v2. When it breaks get the core.

Or buy a full elite v2. When it breaks, attempt to repair it yourself. Plenty of guides out there.

As above but try and get a warranty repair or replacement from MS.

I suppose there is comfort in knowing the issues and niggles and as long as you are content with them and have a plan to address them, it might be worth a purchase.

I don’t regret buying my elite v2. Would I buy another? Yep probably, funds permitting. But then I accepted some time ago that the days of owning the same pad for the life of the console are gone and I’ve made my peace with that.

Associate
The warranty or lack of one for the Elite controllers is something I would be concerned about.

For something at the price it sells for it should last longer over the standard controllers but the reports for years now show it has issues.

I wouldn't touch the thing unless you have money to burn.

Associate
The warranty or lack of one for the Elite controllers is something I would be concerned about.

For something at the price it sells for it should last longer over the standard controllers but the reports for years now show it has issues.

I wouldn't touch the thing unless you have money to burn.
Always wanted an Elite for FPS games but all the reports of failures has stopped me purchasing. Disappointing that after all theses years and two generations of controllers that they are still happening.

Associate
Maybe I'm getting old but lots of Meh moments and oh another remake\same game :D most coming next year after my Gamepass expires so unlikely to even try them

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m already old and tbh I think it’s been a decent show so far lots I’m looking forward to playing. Tbh I thought Xbox was pretty much over going by the internet in the last few months.

Associate
So looking forward to Flight Sim 2024, Indiana Jones, and Gears of War. And yeah the internet was making out that Xbox was finished or scaling back, doesn't look like it.

Back
Top Bottom