• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I think they are playing hard to get. Either that or they have read this thread and though know what we will teach that lot a lesson. The thing that makes me laugh is the fact give it 3 months from now and stock will be available everywhere.

Associate
I think they are playing hard to get. Either that or they have read this thread and though know what we will teach that lot a lesson. The thing that makes me laugh is the fact give it 3 months from now and stock will be available everywhere.
Would be funny and evil if everyone would cancel their orders when the massive shipment arrives :D

Associate
Would be funny and evil if everyone would cancel their orders when the massive shipment arrives :D

That would be epic it is like the people on e bay paying above and beyond what this processor is worth to actual RRP it is a joke actually why do people perpetuate this sort of behaviour if it wasnt for the idiots pre-ordering then e-tailers would not have the monopoly.

Though it is strange that O’clockers have pulled the plug on any further pre orders not unless they are selling them for a premium on flea bay under pseudo names and are finding they are making an absolute fortune while it lasts as the market will be saturated soon and this window of opportunity to make a killing will be gone very soon.

Associate
That would be epic it is like the people on e bay paying above and beyond what this processor is worth to actual RRP it is a joke actually why do people perpetuate this sort of behaviour if it wasnt for the idiots pre-ordering then e-tailers would not have the monopoly.

Though it is strange that O’clockers have pulled the plug on any further pre orders not unless they are selling them for a premium on flea bay under pseudo names and are finding they are making an absolute fortune while it lasts as the market will be saturated soon and this window of opportunity to make a killing will be gone very soon.

I bet it's a case of taking more orders now is just a total waste of everyone's time - that's how far out delivery will be.

Associate
I doubt AMD will be sitting thinking look at all this money we can make by releasing more 5950X it is a marketing ploy and not in the far distant future these processors will be able to be purchased everywhere just like the 3090 and the 3080 graphics cards just give it until May next year and all the hullaballoo will be over as the scalpers will have moved onto something else so frees up inventory for e tailers to sell to joe public. Its just a matter of having a little patience and all this will be easily available. These big companies are not doing this out of choice they are here to make money and the more they can put out there the more they will sell but I suppose it is keeping it exclusive like this keeps the interest for much longer.

I have no doubt I will have both the 5950 and the 3090 by end of February 2021. Then I will sit tight with that setup for the next 6 years except i'll be swapping out the graphics card with every new release as I do that anyhow.

Associate
I doubt AMD will be sitting thinking look at all this money we can make by releasing more 5950X it is a marketing ploy and not in the far distant future these processors will be able to be purchased everywhere just like the 3090 and the 3080 graphics cards just give it until May next year and all the hullaballoo will be over as the scalpers will have moved onto something else so frees up inventory for e tailers to sell to joe public. Its just a matter of having a little patience and all this will be easily available. These big companies are not doing this out of choice they are here to make money and the more they can put out there the more they will sell but I suppose it is keeping it exclusive like this keeps the interest for much longer.

I have no doubt I will have both the 5950 and the 3090 by end of February 2021. Then I will sit tight with that setup for the next 6 years except i'll be swapping out the graphics card with every new release as I do that anyhow.
That’s very true and I have no doubt they are trying their best. What I don’t understand is why they are not transparent about it. It doesn’t cost anything to keep customers informed. This is how many we produce/d, this is how many we ship/ed, this is the eta. Doing that shows the respect you have to your customers.

Soldato
The whole stock thing is a farce IMO. I have seen multiple places now selling 'bundles' which by the looks of it is helping to clear some poor quality memory and/or motherboard.

A competitor has a 5800X bundle for £750 which appears to come with a retail box CPU but does come with shocking RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - 2x 8 GB) Meanwhile all their boxed stock of 5800X only has been out of stock for 2 weeks with no sign of them getting any at all

I was tempted to buy this and cancel my 5900X preorder I have with them but adding up costs and selling parts it would be cheaper and easier to just pay scalp price for a 5800X which is around £520

Associate
The whole stock thing is a farce IMO. I have seen multiple places now selling 'bundles' which by the looks of it is helping to clear some poor quality memory and/or motherboard.

A competitor has a 5800X bundle for £750 which appears to come with a retail box CPU but does come with shocking RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - 2x 8 GB)
I was tempted to buy this and cancel my 5900X preorder I have with them but adding up costs and selling parts it would be cheaper and easier to just pay scalp price for a 5800X which is around £520

That's what I thought - having an unsellable parts clear-out by bundling with a 5000 series. They want us to sell their sh1te for them! :)

Associate
is 20th november still confirmed for 5950x?
I heard between 19th to 24th November for the next drop but that will be on competitors web site and you would have to be extremely lucky to secure one so looks like I will be sitting smashing the refresh button. All night until the early hours madness isnt it.

Associate
That’s very true and I have no doubt they are trying their best. What I don’t understand is why they are not transparent about it. It doesn’t cost anything to keep customers informed. This is how many we produce/d, this is how many we ship/ed, this is the eta. Doing that shows the respect you have to your customers.
I wrote AMD and e mail to their cutomer support sales in particular asking that very question you can read it in brackets what good it will do is anyones guess.

(Hello I find myself in a place I never imagined here in the UK I cannot buy a single Ryzen 9 5950X processor even overlockers are selling at roughly £100 over RRP. So can you inform me when will I be able to buy one of the recently released 5950X without paying a premium by buying from scalpers who make a massive profit on E bay selling for almost £960. I cannot buy this processor anywhere as it is sold out globally a bit ridiculous when there is this shortage like this you would assume you would be able to flood the market so everyone can buy at least one processor looks like it will be 6 months time next May 2021 before I am able to secure a Ryzen 9 5950X processor from you AMD. Very upset and very frustrating I doubt you even care.)

Associate
Never pay a scalpers price stay strong and just sit tight wait it out if I can do it so can you it is frustrating as it eats away at me day and night every second is scouring the internet googling every minute refreshing everything god damn it I am going to learn and teach myself how to use a bot software next time the new stuff lands I’m going to use a bot it can’t be that difficult watched a few you tube videos on how they actually do it that is the only way I can see any hope of defeating this whole bot bulk purchase system just to buy what a punter who is not going to be selling for profit but for personal use one item purchase. I swear no one cares really as they are all in this together to make profit so you fight fire with fire it’s the only way.

Associate
I heard between 19th to 24th November for the next drop but that will be on competitors web site and you would have to be extremely lucky to secure one so looks like I will be sitting smashing the refresh button. All night until the early hours madness isnt it.
I'm 4th in queue for 5950x so I'm getting it anyway on first drop right?

Caporegime
I wrote AMD and e mail to their cutomer support sales in particular asking that very question you can read it in brackets what good it will do is anyones guess.

(Hello I find myself in a place I never imagined here in the UK I cannot buy a single Ryzen 9 5950X processor even overlockers are selling at roughly £100 over RRP. So can you inform me when will I be able to buy one of the recently released 5950X without paying a premium by buying from scalpers who make a massive profit on E bay selling for almost £960. I cannot buy this processor anywhere as it is sold out globally a bit ridiculous when there is this shortage like this you would assume you would be able to flood the market so everyone can buy at least one processor looks like it will be 6 months time next May 2021 before I am able to secure a Ryzen 9 5950X processor from you AMD. Very upset and very frustrating I doubt you even care.)
Keep checking the AMD shop or other certain UK retailers for a chance to get a 5950 x at RRP. That’s the best response you’ll get. They care, but customer service can’t magically make stock appear. Over time it will get better.

Associate
Isn't that the one that's basically a crosshair hero with no RGB, no other benefits and costs more.

Ooooh, you're new. Yes, "omg asus are the bestest!" No.

Much more powerful vrm’s 90vs60amps

An finally a great solution to ryzen’s biggest weakness when overclocking, the Dynamic bios switching feature. Loads are people are interested in this game changer.

Back
Top Bottom