• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
If there were a way of me selling to you without me being out of pocket I would gladly do it.
I'm still worried I will get stuck with a restocking fee even though there is zero chance this card won't fly out of the door within seconds of being returned.

IV looked at getting an unwanted 3070FE off someone at RRP, the issue is when factoring in PayPal charges and properly insured shipping you add £40-50 to the price to make sure the seller isn't out of pocket :/

Soldato
If there were a way of me selling to you without me being out of pocket I would gladly do it.
I'm still worried I will get stuck with a restocking fee even though there is zero chance this card won't fly out of the door within seconds of being returned.
Apparently it is perfectly acceptable to sell it on with a 15% markup plus any operational expenses.

Associate
To make a point of this Gibbo you're wrong to think you can sell at £1400 as there is a part of the Consumer rights act 2015 and a government authority called the Competition and Markets Authority that looks after said consumer rights and whilst Im happy to promote capitalism at its finest and competition generally if you were to hold stock you had to a high ransom such as £1499 when no one else had stock or extremely low amount of stock such as now, you'd would be anticompetitive to say the least and this could end up as a fine to the company. Just making sure you're aware.

You are stretching here.

Firstly, there is competition. It's not like OCUK holds a monopoly. Any retailer is permitted to supply these cards to the market.

Secondly, consumer rights are not broken in any way. Prices are clearly shown. You have choice to buy or not. Goods are as described. You can cancel orders. You can return orders. You can get your money back. There is an unknown wait time but I think retailers are generally being truthful about that (that they don't know how long).

You are not going to see this come up on 'Watchdog' or any other consumer rights forum...

Soldato
I'm not even going to bother trying to get a new GPU for my new build (if my AMD 5800x CPU ever turns up) this year, it's just crazy.

My 1070 will be ok for another 6 months.

You can't blame OCUK for lack of stock, lack of communication is another thing but..... What are these hardware manufacturers doing?

Didn't any if them twig, particular GPU manufacturers that is they can bang out a while ton more than someone else they are going to make a ton of money.

Soldato
Ty sir, the link got me the 6800xt
Managed to order it at work 14:30, at first i could not add the item to basket in chrome, but when i switched browser i could add it. It said pre order, but at 16:30 got an email it was shipped and is coming on the 19th.

The card has no DVI slots, so by any chance it comes with dvi-hdmi adapter ? Or atleast previous amd releases? if not i'm screwed till friday.

Good to hear buddy, glad you managed to pick one up. Not sure on the DVI adapter though! But looking at an unboxing video on YouTube, it doesn't look like it comes with much in the way of anything other than the card unfortunately.

Associate
How on earth has this possibly happened AGAIN!!
this is worse than the nvidia launch and even less stock by the looks of it!!
as others have quoted u can't blame OC AMD have totally and utterly messed up a golden opportunity to stick it to nvidia and have failed in the biggest way possible by giving a worse launch (which i find impossible) than nvidia.

Caporegime
@Gibbo This launch certainly has been crazy, can't imagine what it is like for you guys having thousands of people want to buy from you and having hardly any new cards to sell.
Because you will be selling these extremely quickly I assume there would be no restocking fee when I refuse my delivery tomorrow? (6800xt) and return it? decided I will wait for a 3080 instead.

Why did you buy a GPU you don't want?

Associate
I'm gutted at the apparent performance of the 6800XT I was hoping it would be easier to get hold of a 3080!

The 6900XT will hopefully be more competitive..

Associate
Was so fed up missing out again yesterday I ordered a 3090. Not a huge jump up from 3080/6800xt but I'll feel the benefit not having to constantly spam F5 and play the lottery with websites on launch day for a while. Avoided OC as they wanted over £200 more and had nostock lol. Arrives tomorrow.

Associate
I'm gutted at the apparent performance of the 6800XT I was hoping it would be easier to get hold of a 3080!

The 6900XT will hopefully be more competitive..

I would like to think it is very early days for the drivers of these cards considering it is day one......surely there will be gradual improvements??

Soldato
I would like to think it is very early days for the drivers of these cards considering it is day one......surely there will be gradual improvements??
I'm thinking the same, as far as I can remember amd release cards with drivers that are functional at best and improve within a month, if I remember right the 7970 was a good example of this

Associate
I suspect he ordered before seeing the reviews, was disappointed with the performance, not so much that it’s poor just that we were promised more and delivered less. Classic AMD!
You just made that up.... Jesus.

If you read back a few pages, he didn't realise he paid what he did till he got the order confirmation email.

Associate
Good Morning Folks

Brand new to the forum as you can see and a first time pc builder, enjoying the process so far.

I got very lucky with the 5600X CPU and managed to get one, however, not so lucky yesterday with a 5800XT, cancelation email after an order at 14.40.

Business like OcUK must be order enormous pressure, my feeling is that they have done a fine job so far given the circumstances, no matter what, you are always going to get people that feel left out.

Hoping to snag a 6800 this morning. @Gibbo, Will you post here or make a new one for release of the little extra you have?

Best

Scott

Back
Top Bottom