• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
I Genuinely like it
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Still lacking in connectors though.

6.jpg

I really like it as well but want a liquid cooled one for my loop this time. Hoping for a 6900XT liquid devil

Associate
Lots of learnings from yesterday and the Ryzen launch.
  • Keep an eye on OCUK forums for last minute change to launch timings - I missed the 5pm to 2pm change on the Ryzen launch, cost me 40 mins and 80 places in a queue
  • Make sure you are also watching social media - links were made available at 14:06 yesterday - I didn't get to the cards until 14:33
  • If you miss out, step away from the computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone and social media for the rest of the day - you're liable to say rude things on social media
  • If an idiot senior executive from AMD posts on twitter about being able to order a card - that's different - I believe he needs and deserves the opprobrium :)
  • Be very well informed on any Radeon RX 6000 Series AIB models and type to ascertain if they will be compatible with the EK or Alphacool blocks available

Caporegime
Yeah? whats wrong with it? i happen to think it looks bloody awesome... like Red Devil Sith Edition! :)

I meant is this for real as in it looks amazing.

I've got a industrial type gaming/office room.
Black metal case, walnut/Black furniture etc.

This looks like it is ould really work well. In the case!

Associate
I meant is this for real as in it looks amazing.

I've got a industrial type gaming/office room.
Black metal case, walnut/Black furniture etc.

This looks like it is ould really work well. In the case!

Awesome, my current build is white and black and red RGB, so this fits in perfectly, wish i could get a white shrouded GPU though would really look good :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Do we know yet if next Wednesday is the same limited stock as last time or will there be more cards? Thanks.

Limited to nearly no stock. We will launch at 2pm but won't allow ordering and then later in the day we shall make ordering possible once the web traffic drops down, hopefully this plan will help prevent such crazy overselling.

Associate
Do we know yet if next Wednesday is the same limited stock as last time or will there be more cards? Thanks.

well its the partner Custom cards, we dont know how many of each yet, and which partners have cards (im betting Sapphire, Powercolor, Asrock and XFX will have the most, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte probably not as many) but apparently AMD shipped and are shipping silicon to these guys as a priority to get cards into the market ASAP.

Associate
I agree with you mostly, but you come across as taking from the community and giving nothing back. Not that that should be forced, but your case would be stronger if you actively engaged with forum discussion. This forum is a marketing tool for them, and it's entirely driven by poster engagement. They reward that engagement. If no one posted anything the forum would be useless with regards to marketing. So in effect, everyone elses discussion, be it useful or entirely nonsense... has opened up the offer of free shipping or any other perks for you.

I completely agree if looked at that way, in much the same way there are many people that i am sure have spent thousands and not looked at the forums and have to pay for shipping - it's not rewarding them. As i've said in other posts, each idea people have is good and valid for that view, but also is negative towards others that are just as worthy of reward for their loyalty in a different way :) I never bought from OC 'because' of the forum, I bought because they were a small internet company compared to the big boys, at first and started to look at these forums (along with many others) when deciding what to do.

Oddly, i'm sure I posted a lot many years ago, so i'm not sure if my post count was 0'd or if I set up a new account at some point :p

Checking my usual sites in Germany and Poland, they didnt even bother to try to sell the card yesterday, they admitted no stock and they will only sell AIBs. Really does seem like the AMD reference is some 'limited edition' launch.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

To let you guys know and its not great news, but those who order 6800's today, our warehouse are unlikely able to ship them out today for delivery tomorrow as they are a day behind on shipments at the moment and still clearing backlog, sorry to bear bad news but they will ship tomorrow.

Associate
To let you guys know and its not great news, but those who order 6800's today, our warehouse are unlikely able to ship them out today for delivery tomorrow as they are a day behind on shipments at the moment and still clearing backlog, sorry to bear bad news but they will ship tomorrow.

Will the 19 be informed today that they're not getting one, or do we all have to wait until tomorrow to know if we're getting a card shipped or not?

Thanks.

Associate
What's more and more shocking to me is that if you have been lucky, or willing to wait a bit and use alert systems for stock and F5 few stores.

You can actually get a 6800xt GPU, 5900x CPU, X570 motherboard and a half decent 4k monitor for LESS than a 3090 AIB model!!!

Nvidia dropped a bollock this time.

Associate
Got my confirmed order cancelled today and the funds have been removed from my account. Anyone else having this appalling type of service? Not even so much as a phone call.

Caporegime
What's more and more shocking to me is that if you have been lucky, or willing to wait a bit and use alert systems for stock and F5 few stores.

You can actually get a 6800xt GPU, 5900x CPU, X570 motherboard and a half decent 4k monitor for LESS than a 3090 AIB model!!!

Nvidia dropped a bollock this time.
Almost a sig worthy quote this, Lol.

Back
Top Bottom