• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
My PayPal credit payment has not been returned. But strictly it never left as it was just a pre-approval.

Received a phone call yesterday afternoon from a competitor regarding an email order I sent them. I wasn't expecting it as, despite emailing at 14.13 on Wednesday, I had not heard anything the day before.

Long story short, 6800xt is arriving today

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I've yet to get an Amazon refund email or cash back in my account - do I need to do anything?
No, we have to process refunds manually and even with guys from other departments and the MD helping out it's going to take another day or two to clear them all. The more calls and webnotes we have to deal with in the same time, the longer it will take.

Associate
My PayPal credit payment has not been returned. But strictly it never left as it was just a pre-approval.

Received a phone call yesterday afternoon from a competitor regarding an email order I sent them. I wasn't expecting it as, despite emailing at 14.13, I had not heard anything the day before.

Dont quite understand how that worked..

Did you just email like: Hello, 1 gpu plz.

Soldato
The question is actually how many AIB cards are available at real pricing next week since that was always intended to be the major volume of cards.

Concerningly this is Gibbo's answer in response to "will we see more cards next Wednesday"

Limited to nearly no stock. We will launch at 2pm but won't allow ordering and then later in the day we shall make ordering possible once the web traffic drops down, hopefully this plan will help prevent such crazy overselling.

Associate
I am getting a little concerned about the refund time windows. Still nothing as yet and I need that money back in before the AIB's hit... I appreciate you guys are working hard to sort this....

we do, we implemented it to filter out bots when the RTX 3080 attacks came to light...Bots aren't the problem this time. Thousands of hits per minute and god know how many people hitting refresh every ten seconds was...Cloudflare was introduced to try to temper this load but it doesn't seem to have worked as well as they claimed it would.
We're analysing what we can but there's no guarantee that we can find a solution quickly
You could sell keyboards that don't have an F5 button on them. :)

Edit: got to be worth a 20% mark-up.

Associate
I am getting a little concerned about the refund time windows. Still nothing as yet and I need that money back in before the AIB's hit... I appreciate you guys are working hard to sort this....

How did you pay,

I used a Mastercard and got the cancelation email yesterday and the refund went through this morning. I think once you have the cancelled email its normally 1-3 working days for your card issuer to process the refund

Associate
How did you pay,

I used a Mastercard and got the cancelation email yesterday and the refund went through this morning. I think once you have the cancelled email its normally 1-3 working days for your card issuer to process the refund
Still shows under my order history as "Order received" - I would have thought this would have turned to cancelled?

Soldato
Jay explaining how AMD's launch was way worse than Nvidia and also sounds very similar to what Gibbo and the Scotti are saying, curious
The AMD Launch was SUPPOSED to be better... Here's why it wasn't... - YouTube

Lol, vapour launch is so true for the 6800XT. I rarely watch Jay's videos but this one is on the mark. AMD outright lied about availability and it was worse than Nvidia's BS 30x0 launch. Why the AIBs have to wait a week is pathetic and a poor choice.

Associate

Received a phone call yesterday afternoon from a competitor regarding an email order I sent them. I wasn't expecting it as, despite emailing at 14.13 on Wednesday, I had not heard anything the day before.

Same with me but i did a telephone call order over 30m waiting and card coming today 6800xt

OcUK Staff
OP
Watch OC start the Scalp, prices on 6800's will start to rise. Cheapest RTX 3080 £728, release day £649?.Disgusting

Founders cards were £649 and guess what they are incredibly short and drip fed, why because for obvious reasons, its not hard to work out.
AIB cards, well the board partners simply cannot make a 3080 to sell at £649, they would lose money, that is why at launch AIB's helped resellers to hit the £649 MSRP for limited numbers, typically about 100 cards, I think its fair to say every reseller worldwide sold way beyond this cap and the board partners cannot fund it so resellers just ship goods at cost or slight loss beyond their initial supported quantities.

This is why board partner cards are more expensive, it is not because the board partners are scalping, gouging or whatever you want to call it, they are simply making the margin required to actually survive. The only 3080 you will find at MSRP are FE cards and they are incredibly short supply and very limited, you would have more luck finding a needle in a haystack.

Board partners will want to focus on high-end OC models simply because they can make more margin there to offset the lack or even losses they make on the none OC parts.

It shall be same situation on red team, you won't see a board partner card even close to MSRP and its not because board partners are greedy, they can't make them that cheap, or certainly not right now, when stuff calms down hopefully stuff like components, memory prices drop then I am sure they will be able to further reduce their manufacturing cost but right now this is the way.

We are deeply frustrated just how all our customers are and the big manufacturers have got to really change their methods of launching product, first of all availability and supply needs to be at least 10x better as even if demand was as per normal times the supply is still way below what we would see in normal times, problem is the world has gone bonkers and sales are totally insane. Manufacturers also need to re-think their MSRP, the MSRP should be a price that all add in board partners can easily hit with enough margin to survive and there should also be enough margin for the reseller to survive as well, because lets face it yes of course we could launch a product a sell at near cost, but is that not misleading customers, I feel it is, a products MSRP should be what the board partner and reseller can continue selling that product at 3 months, 6 months and a year down the line. The current MSRP's being set are not possible once board partners make their own cards, 3070, 3080, 3090, not a single one was at MSRP anywhere in the world 24hr after launch, apart from FE, 6800, 6800 XT do you see one single custom AIB card in stock today at MSRP, absolutely not simply because the board partners cannot achieve that and of course the red team board partner cards will be not be close to MSRP's as board partner cannot make them that cheap, no matter how much they try to save with a cheaper cooler design etc.

Back
Top Bottom