• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Oh poor other people's minds.

I'd rather hear considered dispassionate analysis than emotional blind optimism, but hey - 'you do you' (which is a terrible phrase by the way).

And why are you talking about r*****g? Firstly it's odd, secondly do you think it's a suitable reference for a family forum?
Maybe just try to be a little more respectful, other people will take this (mostly likely miss-) information in different ways.

Last edited:
Associate
Fast delivery? My last two non-card orders have both taken a week due to being "out of stock" when I explicitly only chose items in stock. The second order was only one thing which had 50+ in stock and it took them 4 days because it was "out of stock".

Since then I needed a couple more white corsair water cooling connections, I'd always thought OCUK was the only place that had them in white but I found the main competitor had them for £4 more. They arrived today from there. I'm honestly just on this thread to see how much of a shambles it continues to be at this point, I can't see myself buying anything again from OCUK despite the free postage, between their staffs outright hostility regarding cards, their severe lack of communication, and then the two other orders showing massive incompetence.

Me seeing gibbo driving about after barely giving any info for a week:
125292193_871415950268975_4827152531656264884_o.jpg

I'd rather hear considered dispassionate analysis than emotional blind optimism, but hey - 'you do you' (which is a terrible phrase by the way).

And why are you talking about r*****g? Firstly it's odd, secondly do you think it's a suitable reference for a family forum?

its probably a hobby! :eek: very inappropriate like you say, farcical(sic).

Associate
A competitor just unilaterally cancelled my pre order today, which I placed on the 7th November for stock that was supposed to come in on the 30th. Companies are behaving like absolute scumbags and treating their customers with contempt. They've left me without a Christmas gift for my son.

I placed a pre order on here for a Zotac trinity OC

Seemed to be the card that I was likely to get first. Anyone know what the queue is like for that SKU or which card in likely to be able to get first ?

That's a tough break mate, I ordered mine on the 15th and I'm position 30 so queue doesn't look too terrible. Fingers crossed you get one in time for your son's Christmas.

Associate
A vendor told me that they have only hit 7% of thier target production. If that’s true the demand claims are gaaaarbaaage.

They're both true. And this isn't specific to video cards. If you look across different markets, demand for products you can use at home has gone through the roof because everyone is stuck at home in lockdown and is bored AF. The PS5 for example sold out its preorders instantly, and then on launch day was re-stocked but they were gone in seconds, if you went to one of the major retailers online store on the 19th you were put in a queue system to prevent the site going down and that queue was peaking at around 100,000 people, and that's just in the UK.

Even if you look at products like treadmills, I just checked Argos and out of 58 models only 3 are in stock. All the useful things you can use when you're stuck at home has stock shortage. Even if AMD roll into this product launch the regular amount of stock you'd expect for a normal GPU launch they're going to be just as overloaded. But we know that's not going to be true, they're fighting with PS5 and XSX for TSMC chips which ultimately will be the bottleneck to producing these products, and they still need to ship many millions of units worldwide, they have predicted shortages right out until about Q2 2021

Soldato
without consideration to the anticipation, anxiety and anguish I've been through.

Wow, just wow. It’s a graphics card to make your games run a bit faster. Read your post back and think about how it sounds with all that is going on in the world.

Things like this speaks volumes about what we are turning into. Just imagine if we all had to face the issues our grandparents went through.

Anyway. Sunday rant over.

I will be getting a 3080 as soon as the supplies get back to normal. I’ll not be letting OCUK sit on my hard earned money. I’ll also not be paying over the odds to a scalper. My guess is it will be March/April until I can go to any site and buy the in stock card I want. It’s a bit of a crap situation but it ain’t the end of the world.

Associate
Woke up to a cancellation email from a competitor for a Eagle 3080. It was stuck in 'Not Yet Dispatched' state for nearly two months with no indication of queue position or ETA. Their ultra helpful bots kept promising it'll be dispatched as soon as stock arrives. No such thing happened, apparently their supplier can't source them and the order was binned without consideration to the anticipation, anxiety and anguish I've been through.

anxiety and anguish? Jesus. Take a look at the world around you.

Patience is key.

Associate
While anguish is definitely not the right word to be used . With everything going on in the world we definitely don't need retailers been s**** aswell . I get his point just worded extremely wrong

Associate
Inno3D 3080x4 £700 when I ordered, now £829, the mark up on these cards is unbelievable and it's not just OC cashing in. Think I will keep my order open even though have Aorus Master from competitor. At least I might recoup some of the cost if I can sell the Inno3D if I ever get it.

Associate
anxiety and anguish? Jesus. Take a look at the world around you.

Patience is key.
We live in a world where it's becoming offensive to publicly identify as male or female and where clapping is becoming banned in universities to be replaced by 'Jazz hands' because it might upset a single sensitive person so best ruin it for the 3 million unaffected people because 'Human rights/equality'.

Are you surprised by seeing these types of comments filter onto forums? o-o :D

Associate
Maybe just try to be a little more respectful, other people will take this (mostly likely miss-) information in different ways.

Wow, it is misinformation now? Go through my post again. And please let me know what is misinformation. Take it point by point and see if you can find any. And then maybe you can see that your "Miss Information" is maybe only a Mr Men book of your own invention.

Associate
Wow ********* gets starred out!
Let me guess? Snow Flake? Yer baffles me that terms blocked as offensive lol I mean would take a snow flake to block that kinda word? Worlds so afraid of it's own shadow now it's hurting itself in such a desperate attempt to 'protect' everyone it just hurts the majority now.

Associate
Wow, it is misinformation now? Go through my post again. And please let me know what is misinformation. Take it point by point and see if you can find any. And then maybe you can see that your "Miss Information" is maybe only a Mr Men book of your own invention.
Someone’s a moody pants. Get out of the wrong side of the bed?

you’ll get your card like everyone else. Stop crying baby girl

- also I said most likely... again... chill

Associate
They're both true. And this isn't specific to video cards. If you look across different markets, demand for products you can use at home has gone through the roof because everyone is stuck at home in lockdown and is bored AF. The PS5 for example sold out its preorders instantly, and then on launch day was re-stocked but they were gone in seconds, if you went to one of the major retailers online store on the 19th you were put in a queue system to prevent the site going down and that queue was peaking at around 100,000 people, and that's just in the UK.

Even if you look at products like treadmills, I just checked Argos and out of 58 models only 3 are in stock. All the useful things you can use when you're stuck at home has stock shortage. Even if AMD roll into this product launch the regular amount of stock you'd expect for a normal GPU launch they're going to be just as overloaded. But we know that's not going to be true, they're fighting with PS5 and XSX for TSMC chips which ultimately will be the bottleneck to producing these products, and they still need to ship many millions of units worldwide, they have predicted shortages right out until about Q2 2021

All very true. The industry I'm in we're seeing stock shortages across the board and with Brexit in the new year things will only get worse. I know graphics cards don't come from the EU but I'd be surprised if there's not knock on effects with huge congestion at all points of entry for all worldwide shipments next year.

I think us customers, OC'ers and indeed the industry at a whole need to be realistic and honest about the whole situation. Fingers crossed OC'ers don't cancel my order for me because I'm sure as heck not cancelling. I want a 3080 for a decent price and prices and lead times are only going to keep going up.

I'm 720 in the queue for an Eagle OC. Personally I'm preparing for the worst and that means thinking that I'll probably not get my card until well into next year.

Associate
Can we stop the name calling? Getting a bit pathetic both ways now. We get it, everyone is stressed, Covid, stuck home, no GPU or CPU's life sucks in general at the moment and we all have our personal battles so lets give each other a bit of space/understanding and take our anger out in more productive ways?

Associate
Someone’s a moody pants. Get out of the wrong side of the bed?

you’ll get your card like everyone else. Stop crying baby girl

Oh Roger Hargreaves, you write with such wit! So you couldn't find any "Miss Information" then? What about "Little Miss Information", did you find any of that? So why do you describe something as such when there is quite literally no misinformation whatsoever. I do not need to get out of the bed on the wrong side to call out a buffoon who calls me a liar.

Associate
My business relies on a GPU right now. It can make some jobs profitable or not as margins are so tight on 3D work. Right now my 1080 just doesn't cut it, it isn't profitable as it takes way too long to render. My bread and butter, 2d work and traditional design that a 1080 is more than adequate for, are dead right now due to the situation, so 3D archviz and animation is mostly what I can get right now - thi is how I keep a roof over my families head. I need a gpu that can do the job and I can't afford a quadro. If I can't get one, then it would be really helpful to have an idea of when it might happen so I can at least make some loose plans for the future. Were not all after MOAR FPS!

You would seem like a prime candidate for the 3090 though, and it has been pretty easy to buy the FE version at MSRP as it has been available twice in the last week and with limited demand you don't need hair-trigger reflexes to get through the purchase process before the stock runs out...

Back
Top Bottom