• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
I didn't pay complete attention to what I was reading at the time, but sure I came across something that said XFX were going to continue producing AMD cards under the reference design but marketed as XFX cards. Not sure but might be worth looking in to.

that’s good to know as I had almost given up hope on a reference card

Associate
Just seen that the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT was being listed on a Finnish retailer for €838 which if directly converted would be about £745
That’s not even the SE model which as listed at €863. Brace yourselves for some potential wallet shock tomorrow if that was accurate.

Associate
Just seen that the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT was being listed on a Finnish retailer for €838 which if directly converted would be about £745
That’s not even the SE model which as listed at €863. Brace yourselves for some potential wallet shock tomorrow if that was accurate.

So, essentially the same price as the 3080, but with worse RT performance? How does this make sense? :confused:

Associate

How do the prices of other components from there stack up against average UK prices? You need to look at these things to get an actual idea.

If the prices in general are higher than the UK average then you can allow for some discount, however if they are the same or cheaper we better get the lube ready

Soldato

Ok just to confirm youve seen this on the videocardz article from 10 days ago? Or you've witnessed it directly yourself today?

Caporegime
If they are that much I'm not bothering.

600 was pushing it for me. Anywhere near 800 and I'm definitely not biting.
It'll be xbox

800 for a gpu. That's a nice holiday.

Associate
Scandinavian countries used to often have higher prices than the UK, I think due to the average wage levels. Have you ever tried to buy a beer in Norway?

Not sure if thats still the case, but for everyone who thought the prices might be sub-£700, it could be a rough afternoon

Caporegime
Scandinavian countries used to often have higher prices than the UK, I think due to the average wage levels. Have you ever tried to buy a beer in Norway?

Not sure if thats still the case, but for everyone who thought the prices might be sub-£700, it could be a rough afternoon

Yeah I think I'm going to bail. I can't see these being under 700.

Associate
The fact reference cards are actually selling for above £800 on the auction site tells me tomorrow's prices won't be far off that. Reduce the margin for scalpers.

Associate
Really wanted a card just for cyberpunk but im skippin this gen now since I've got a ps5 at almost half the price of the going rate for 3080/6800xt and it's playing 4k/60 in most games fine.

Most likely upgrade to hopper/rdna3 when the performance you're getting for paying much more than a console is much higher.

Soldato
The fact reference cards are actually selling for above £800 on the auction site tells me tomorrow's prices won't be far off that. Reduce the margin for scalpers.

A small number of people will pay that, not the majority, I don't believe.

Need to remind what the RRP is on the 6800XT. It is £599.

The rrp on the 6900XT will be about £900. Mid £700's for the 3080s. Anything more than £700 for 6800XT is not good value.

Associate
A small number of people will pay that, not the majority, I don't believe.

Need to remind what the RRP is on the 6800XT. It is £599.

The rrp on the 6900XT will be about £900. Mid £700's for the 3080s. Anything more than £700 for 6800XT is not good value.

Quoted for truth.

I paid £380 for my 5700 XT last year, and that was a pre-order. :(

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

If they are that much I'm not bothering.

600 was pushing it for me. Anywhere near 800 and I'm definitely not biting.
It'll be xbox

800 for a gpu. That's a nice holiday.

A nice holiday only costs 800? Oh you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom