• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Soldato
Putting him on ignore is trending. Most already know/said what kind of person he is.
:D
I don’t think he s ignore worthy yet.

But he started off as claiming not a Nvidia fan boy but through All the replies with justifications of Nvidia dirty practices with equal AMD ones to give his argument legitimacy and so easily pass on the Nvidia transgression does make one wonder if that initial statement is just wolf in sheep skin.

Pet Northerner
Don
I don’t think he s ignore worthy yet.

But he started off as claiming not a Nvidia fan boy but through All the replies with justifications of Nvidia dirty practices with equal AMD ones to give his argument legitimacy and so easily pass on the Nvidia transgression does make one wonder if that initial statement is just wolf in sheep skin.

As I said in an earlier post. He got a 3080 just for cyberpunk and now is trying to justify it to everyone else. Seriously - look at his posting in the RDNA2 thread.

Permabanned
Just because they are supporting it, doesn't mean it's in high usage yet. Again, it isn't.

DLSS is application dependent.
RT is application dependent.

Both are in very few games at present.

The fact that you seem to NEED DLSS to even play with RT at even some basic level speaks volumes about why most people shouldn't be bothering with it. Should companies keep pushing for it? Yes, absolutely. But that doesn't mean it's at a level for most people yet.

Let's be honest here. How many people are actually buying the 700/800 GBP/USD cards cards? The vast majority are on older generations or will be on 3xxx/6xxx series cards that just aren't capable of decent levels of RT. Most people are NOT using 4K screens.

DLSS is a band-aid to a lack of performance, but it's marketed as a 'performance enhancer' when it isn't. It allows you to get 'close' to higher resolutions in a few titles, whilst sacrificing visual fidelity, that your card isn't capable of natively. In short, it's there to make RT useable and for marketing purposes.

That band-aid is the type of band-aid you will need for 8k, 16k and beyond. There are some very good, serious videos on Youtube on the subject. Here is a simple wiki start to DLSS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_learning_super_sampling

Now realise that Microsoft understand the problem of not just driving higher resolutions, but also the delivery and storage of data to fill them. We will be using AI similar to DLSS for example to reconstruct what we know as textures today.

I hope the DLSS model is rolled into Microsoft's family for use with all hardware/titles, therefore playcing the training on the developer's side. If and when it does, realise that Nvidia will probably be running Microsoft's ML on Tensor cores while AMD will be using the same cores that they use for all other tasks giving AMD an even greater workload on an already busy GPU. I've no idea what Intel are doing with ML yet.

RT is application dependant. Well yes it is. And we will see more use of it now that a card such as the 3060Ti exists, perhaps becoming the most popular choice. If not for RT then for DLSS. But people will still get to play a game with RT at low quality on it. Remeber even the next gen consoles are doing some simple RT.

Permabanned
Permabanned
The fact that Nvidia marketed their £1700 GPU based in the game’s features. (Edit: these limited edition GPU apparently fetched $40,000 on auction. Sold like hot cakes.). So there is a huge incentive for the game and the GPU manufacture to make this feature to be exclusive to the partners in question.

honestly you are just digging a very very deep hole you can’t get out of...Best just leave it.

it is clearly where you stand in this subject cos you are happy for Nvidia to bully tech reviewers as long as they review Nvidia in good light based on 100% RT performances and you will look past nvidia’s corporate greed and dirty tactics and financial ties with games developers.

but anyone else does the same, It is not ok.

Show me where Nvidia have blocked AMD from using DXR in Cyberpunk 2077. Anything from AMD, CDPR or Nvidia to say so? Anything at all other than your own speculation?

I don't see Nvidia bullying anyone here. I do see a manufacturer protecting there products from misinformation.

Soldato
Yep, AMD, Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia, Sony and various other SoC manufacturer's have it all wrong :rolleyes:

Nvidia havn't played nice with any of those companies in years. Microsoft and Sony are buying APUs from AMD which use RDNA 2, and before that it was still AMD.

Where did you pull Apple from? They've not used an Nvidia GPU since 2013, after getting shafted during the GeForce 8600 cluster****.

Wanna try that again?

Caporegime
Seeing the way this thread is going, I predict that this time next year, NVidia will be out of business :D

Seriously though, Both AMD and NVidia have stringent testing rules that are sent to the reviewers. You even have to submit your review to them before you are allowed to post it. This isn't just AMD or NVidia, this is everything that gets sent out for free to reviewers. They can tell you to change stuff etc, as you would have signed an agreement. This is pretty crummy really and the only real way you get a decent review of something, is if they have bought the item themselves.

Pet Northerner
Don
Soldato
Seriously never had issues with Nvidia cards, In the last 20 years I have used 8 Nvidia and 4 ATI/AMD gpu's, with 3 of those gpu's had serious issues(black screens, lockups, etc) and guess what the 3 of them were from ATI/AMD...

Well arnt you the unlucky one.

So let's get this straight, because you have had issues with 3 Ati/Amd GPUs
This now means all GPUs from AMD are effected?

Guys stop buying Amd GPUs Kyle over here has issues with them so you will also.

:rolleyes:

Permabanned
Nvidia havn't played nice with any of those companies in years. Microsoft and Sony are buying APUs from AMD which use RDNA 2, and before that it was still AMD.

Where did you pull Apple from? They've not used an Nvidia GPU since 2013, after getting shafted during the GeForce 8600 cluster****.

Wanna try that again?

Nvidia don't play nice with anyone. That's always been the case and is probably why they missed out on consoles.

Too many argueing over something they can't be bothered to research first. Not surprised you are all out with pitchforks in HU defence :rolleyes: A simple Google search will get you information on Apple, e.g. https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2020/10012/

GAC

GAC

Soldato
nvidia cant tell people to ban amd, but they can try and influence them how to use dxr to favour their implementation. but i cant see it being like that for long because as amd gets its 2nd gen ray tracing stuff out it should jump up in power and be more of use, also cross platform games will be using dxr in more of a level playing field due to amd being the console king for gpu's.

Permabanned
What by saying people need to make an subjective choice when determening if the RT effects is worth the hit on a given game?

By presenting and informing the average joe that RT is not worth it. Really can't be ***** to look through a video and fine a timestamp. This is why Nvidia have taken the steps that they have. Any manufacturer would have done the same.

Soldato
I don't see Nvidia bullying anyone here. I do see a manufacturer protecting there products from misinformation.

I don’t think Nvidia needs your help in defending them. They are fully capable of counter espionage. And also they are fully capable of disinformation also.

All you are doing is self-interest. You pretend not to be a fanboy but you have clearly bought into Nvidia marketing hype and paid substantial amount of money for a piece of hardware for a single game that can’t even run 4K with ultra and RT on at 60fps average. You are just trying to justify to your self your purchase choice while trying to shove your delusion to everyone else.

everyone replied have given you facts and truth. Which you ignored by saying “I can’t be bothered to go through the fact (facts stand for HU’s review history which shows they do not have any bias towards amd or Nvidia )” and therefore consider nvidia behaviour acceptable which it isnt. or by contrasting Nvidia cooperate behaviours with “AMD does this and that” which has nothing to do with the subject matter of this thread. Or performance reviews should be 100% RT based which is hugely biased as many people have pointed out to you that 99% current games do not have RT. And completely ignoring the financial link between CDPR and Nvidia. (It might as well be Nvidia producing the game). You accept that Nvidia bullying HU is ok by saying HU are the bad ones. That is misinformation. Even when that is shown to you to be untrue, you have failed to accept either your ignorance or your mistake and have persisted down this road of trolling everyone else.

As others pointed out, you have a history of this. So welcome to the ignore list

Last edited:
Permabanned
Literally an opinion... and their audience agreed in a poll they ran.

Ask the average Joe what RT is and most will return a Beavis and Butthead snigger. Ask them if they knew that there favourite games have had to use RT to bake in fixed shadows and lighting. Ask them why it is when racing through there favourite game as a heavily armoured marine that they can be defeated by an Ikea like table. Let's face it, the average Joe isn't really able to answer such a question. And to even have a poll after throwing out their opinion is more than a little awkward. Educate joe to what it is then ask him.

If we went back in time and asked joe what he thought of tessilation, would Joe be any different?

(Joe is not exclusive, other names are available)

I've forgetton their poll on FPS already, but wasn't 60FPS the winner? A lot of the console games that people play are 30 and sometimes drop lower. People, eh?

Permabanned
I don’t think Nvidia needs your help in defending them. They are fully capable of counter espionage. And also they are fully capable of disinformation also.

All you are doing is self-interest. You pretend not to be a fanboy but you have clearly bought into Nvidia marketing hype and paid substantial amount of money for a piece of hardware for a single game that can’t even run 4K with ultra and RT on at 60fps average. You are just trying to justify to your self your purchase choice while trying to shove your delusion to everyone else.

everyone replied have given you facts and truth. Which you ignored by saying “I can’t be bothered to go through the fact (facts stand for HU’s review history which shows they do it have any bias towards amd or Nvidia )” and therefore consider nvidia behaviour acceptable which it isnt. or by contrasting Nvidia cooperate behaviours with “AMD does this and that” which has nothing to do with the subject matter of this thread. Or performance reviews should be 100% RT based which is hugely biased as many people have pointed out to you that 99% current games do not have RT. And completely ignoring the financial link between CDPR and Nvidia. (It might as well be Nvidia producing the game). You accept that Nvidia bullying HU is ok by saying HU are the bad ones. That is misinformation. Even when that is shown to you to be untrue, you have failed to accept either your ignorance or your mistake and have persisted down this road of trolling everyone else.

As others pointed out, you have a history of this. So welcome to the ignore list

Prams and rattles come to mind...

Pet Northerner
Don
Ask the average Joe what RT is and most will return a Beavis and Butthead snigger. Ask them if they knew that there favourite games have had to use RT to bake in fixed shadows and lighting. Ask them why it is when racing through there favourite game as a heavily armoured marine that they can be defeated by an Ikea like table. Let's face it, the average Joe isn't really able to answer such a question. And to even have a poll after throwing out their opinion is more than a little awkward. Educate joe to what it is then ask him.

If we went back in time and asked joe what he thought of tessilation, would Joe be any different?

(Joe is not exclusive, other names are available)

I've forgetton their poll on FPS already, but wasn't 60FPS the winner? A lot of the console games that people play are 30 and sometimes drop lower. People, eh?

Average joe knows what RT is - the Nvidia / Sony / Microsoft Marketing machine has made sure of this.

Soldato
Nvidia don't play nice with anyone. That's always been the case and is probably why they missed out on consoles.

Too many argueing over something they can't be bothered to research first. Not surprised you are all out with pitchforks in HU defence :rolleyes: A simple Google search will get you information on Apple, e.g. https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2020/10012/

Yeah, just make wild unsubstantiated claims. That's just fine. I'm not invested in either side of this. If you'd read the sig there's a 3070 in my rig...

That the letter Nvidia sent HU is full of untruths is obvious. With a subtle hint of mafia protection racket.

They don't need your help to clear up their reputation. They're making a perfectly good job of screwing it all up by themselves. I've got no time for fanbois.

Back
Top Bottom