• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Can the shops tell when these bots are being used, in any case shops and whoever needs to stop this method altogether, I think most would have one by now if it wasn't for these scalpers.
I think the retailers and the manufacturers love the resellers.

Why? Because it invalidates the warranty.

Neither the retailer not the manufacturer has to care if any of these resold units breaks, even within the first month or the first week or the first day.

And as the resellers are not businesses, they don't have to care either.

In short, the buyer (from the reseller) waives all their rights and accepts all the risk.

This is a retailers and manufacturer's dream, no?

MS said:
(a) During the Warranty Period, Microsoft warrants that the Xbox One or Accessory will not malfunction under Normal Use Conditions. Except where restricted by law, this warranty is non-transferrable and is limited to You

Caporegime
Question: how many of you bought your XSX consoles from eBay at £600-£700 or more?

I wonder how long this stupid scalping is going to go on.

All the stock is instantly bought up by the scalpers, even when using multiple Discord alerts, etc. In the time it takes to click the link bots have already bought everything.

So I'm guessing most people here bought from eBay resellers..
I’m going to guess that your original guess is wrong. I don’t think any of us have bought a series x/s from eBay at the silly high prices.
I mean I was desperate to get hold of one because when the original pre order date came out, I lost out due to Game and their website crashing. So I waited till Nov when again they did another pre order, managed to order one and got it a couple of weeks later.
Now if I had found a series x on eBay at the normal price, not inflated then yes I probably would have bought one but they were all overpriced.
Like yourself I hope these scalpers get left with all this stock. They will still shift them should they put them at RRP but their scummy greediness stops them from doing so.

Caporegime
I’m going to guess that your original guess is wrong. I don’t think any of us have bought a series x/s from eBay at the silly high prices.
I mean I was desperate to get hold of one because when the original pre order date came out, I lost out due to Game and their website crashing. So I waited till Nov when again they did another pre order, managed to order one and got it a couple of weeks later.
Now if I had found a series x on eBay at the normal price, not inflated then yes I probably would have bought one but they were all overpriced.
Like yourself I hope these scalpers get left with all this stock. They will still shift them should they put them at RRP but their scummy greediness stops them from doing so.
The trouble is nobody can get anything unless they sit at the keyboard all day. It's ridiculous.

Just look at eBay's completed listings. Everything is being snapped up at £650-£700. The demand is unceasing and these resellers won't quit any time soon.

I guess none of these people realise they have no warranty, now?

The only small hope is that enough people get burned with faulty consoles they can't get replaced, that they think twice in future about buying from resellers.

Associate
The trouble is nobody can get anything unless they sit at the keyboard all day. It's ridiculous.

Just look at eBay's completed listings. Everything is being snapped up at £650-£700. The demand is unceasing and these resellers won't quit any time soon.

I guess none of these people realise they have no warranty, now?

The only small hope is that enough people get burned with faulty consoles they can't get replaced, that they think twice in future about buying from resellers.

It's mental - I'm after one and missed out on the Amazon Stock a couple of hours ago.

No mega rush though and I'll just wait until stock catches up with demand so I can place an order online or just saunter into Argos et al.

As above, I bet the retailer's don't give a monkey, no ongoing liability and anything they do get in sells in seconds, they must love it.

Going to be some really annoyed people when their £750 console breaks, and going off past experience it's probably semi likely in a few cases.

I had a One X for 18 months until it died on me (refused to output any picture, so assume failure of the HDMI socket or similar), but luckily managed to bag most of the cost back from Argos so wasn't massively out of pocket (it was well looked after, never moved and kept in an open cabinet).

Last edited:
Caporegime
The warranty starts when the console is first linked to a profile. The fact it’s passed through a middle man is largely irrelevant

Set an alert. I was mid gaming and my phone flashed up with it so I was able to hope on. Partalert on discord

Caporegime
The warranty starts when the console is first linked to a profile. The fact it’s passed through a middle man is largely irrelevant

Set an alert. I was mid gaming and my phone flashed up with it so I was able to hope on. Partalert on discord
You can't always be sat at your computer. I got the alert, but was about 3 mins late, as I had got up to make a cuppa, lol.

By the time I'd sat down and clicked the link you could no longer add the item to your basket.

We're talking about needing to always be sat at your computer and never leave it, lol.

It's not feasible and it would make life miserable to live like that anyhow.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You can't always be sat at your computer. I got the alert, but was about 3 mins late, as I had got up to make a cuppa, lol.

By the time I'd sat down and clicked the link you could no longer add the item to your basket.

We're talking about needing to always be sat at your computer and never leave it, lol.

It's not feasible and it would make life miserable to live like that anyhow.

You can get alerts on your phone.

Man of Honour
Didn’t seem difficult to get one on release day? By the time someone here posted the smile link that actually linked to the product it was already 10 minutes before I checked out. Good to hear more people are getting hold of them now.

Caporegime
You replied 4mins after the guy above. ironic
Yes because even when I am sat at the 'puter, I get up, walk around a bit, go outside for a few mins, make a cuppa, go for a run, go the loo...

To get anything at the moment you have to react within 2 mins of the alert, at the absolute maximum. Otherwise it's all gone.

For AMD stuff 2 mins is far too slow, it's gone in seconds.

Caporegime
Early bird catches the worm. I suggest getting the app that alerts it, then you never have to check anything as it will be pushed to you (better still if you have a watch that notifies). Then you can not waste your life posting about it in 2021.

Soldato
Yes, and? I had literally got up to make a cup of tea. I don't take my phone with me to the kitchen :p Neither do I take it with me to the loo :p

If this is how you have to live your life to buy tech in 2021, it's beyond ridiculous.

It's luck of the draw, Amazon had two lots come up today.

First I was making a coffee and when I sat down saw the stock alert, couldn't add to basket as kept erroring and was out of stock. I was maybe a minute or so late.

Second one I didn't even get an alert, was browsing these forums and ShivP mentioned more stock was up and went straight onto Amazon app and hit order instantly and nabbed myself one.

You don't need to sit there all day watching, you just need to be ready if and when stock is released or be quick enough to get it.

It's how it's going to be for now while the amount of stock is so incredibly slow. If they could meet demand there wouldn't be scalpers and everyone at anytime could buy one but like the PS5 the stock is so scarce that when it does eventually appear it's snapped up in minutes if not seconds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered a Series S from Amazon to go alongside my PS5. Looking forward to it - sold my series x earlier in the year but still have gamepass membership well in to 2022, so would be a shame to let it go to waste! Bit worried I might be disappointed compared to the SX, but it looks like a really cool device for the money.

Associate
How does series s handles gears of war. Only game I’m interested in on Xbox

Campaign looks amazing, but like every Gears game that's gone before it's looks over any substance and never stacks up against any similar games when released. It's a terrible terrible game unless you just want to show off graphics to your mates.

Back
Top Bottom