** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
So its been a while and my position in the queue doesnt go down much each week, it makes me think they arent getting any stock of the 3070s at all, the movment is just people getting refunds or something? If it keep smoving like this ill be in 2022 before i get the card! Has there been any news? im getting nothing official from customer services. :(

Soldato
So its been a while and my position in the queue doesn't go down much each week, it makes me think they aren't getting any stock of the 3070s at all, the movement is just people getting refunds or something? If it keep moving like this ill be in 2022 before i get the card! Has there been any news? im getting nothing official from customer services. :(
Gamers Nexus put a news video out the other day and one of the stories was about problems smaller firms are having distributing parts. Apparently some firms have millions of parts read to ship but they are having to compete for shipping container space with other non electronic companies and they can't ship goods without biting into their margins which is in turn causing bottlenecks in the manufacturing chain.

Associate
So its been a while and my position in the queue doesnt go down much each week, it makes me think they arent getting any stock of the 3070s at all, the movment is just people getting refunds or something? If it keep smoving like this ill be in 2022 before i get the card! Has there been any news? im getting nothing official from customer services. :(
I missed getting a GPU pre-order in so I registered an interest on any website which allowed it. Had a hit a few weeks ago when I managed to snag an MSI 3070. They weren't available for long and I've stopped looking now but none of the other places I had registered with ever sent me a heads-up.

Associate
Have you seen the news in the last few days? Almost nothing is coming or going from our little island and personally, as much as I'd love to get a new GPU sooner, I think food import should (and will) be the priority when we start seeing lorries and containers shifting again.

Associate
Cheers

Congrats! How much was it?
£750 less the obligatory 1p

More than the notional RRP but no one asking less had stock. As the man said, if I was out of stock I'd sell at £640 as well.
I figured it was worth the extra to make sure I had it in time for everything to be set up and stable for Xmas.

Associate
So I've gone from 99 to 50 in a matter of days, this is the biggest jump ever! I have been waiting since September.

I would like to think things are finally moving, but alas I think this is just a rise in cancellations.

"50" still seems so far away! be glad when this is over, never again for me, I will never pre-order a GPU ever again, I will be more patient now and watch the

situation before adding my name to the long list of hopefuls, I never expected this delay. I could have waited and not pre-ordered, If I had known there was a

problem. nvm, it's done. hopefully, soon I`ll have it in my hands and not in my dreams! :D Merry Xmas Everyone :D

Last edited:
Associate
There's been daily drops in most other retailers since last week.

Associate
Didn't gibbo post that after 11th? Jan any standard card orders would be fulfilled with oc cards, as they are expecting enough supply to clear back orders?

Associate
Exactly but there are also reports of less scrupulous companies (not overclockers) who have taken that sweet pre order money and bought the cards and scalped them on ebay for months making up to x3 retail and only then delivering the cards. And in all honesty if youre a scum bag why wouldnt you do this when gamers are dumb enough to pay in advance and then wait an unlimited amount of time. Un heard of consumer situation being horribly abused all over the world. Much like the nvidia factories which were robbed for thousands of cards by allegedly an employee knowing the cards are worth more than cold at xmas lol And those who have taken thousands of orders across the 80 90 70 range and for 3 months sat on the interest . 3k orders (easy number to get in uk alone) x average of 700 a card is about 2million. The interest on 2 mill in the uk without investments is about 6% on average meaning a free 12 k a year or 4k every 3 months for doing nothing. If that 3k order was 6 k then youre getting 8k every few months lol and the gamers dont complain or care (enough to do anything) even if you then cancel or refund "due to covid" which is now the blanket excuse for every anti consumer action. Never seen anything like it...well I have. Its a form of conditioning to accept the bare minimum created by publishers over a generation. from Every time a AAA game launches as a broken mess (cyberpunk i c u) millions of people rally to defend why that's ok (its not) and then spend more money even while the games being pulled from shelves haha cyber punk went from 8 milllion pre-order to a 13 million after refunds due to be tech broken. Proving that we're either morons or addicts lol no other industry is like this ...its literally crazy :?

Associate
Exactly but there are also reports of less scrupulous companies (not overclockers) who have taken that sweet pre order money and bought the cards and scalped them on ebay for months making up to x3 retail and only then delivering the cards. And in all honesty if youre a scum bag why wouldnt you do this when gamers are dumb enough to pay in advance and then wait an unlimited amount of time. Un heard of consumer situation being horribly abused all over the world. Much like the nvidia factories which were robbed for thousands of cards by allegedly an employee knowing the cards are worth more than cold at xmas lol And those who have taken thousands of orders across the 80 90 70 range and for 3 months sat on the interest . 3k orders (easy number to get in uk alone) x average of 700 a card is about 2million. The interest on 2 mill in the uk without investments is about 6% on average meaning a free 12 k a year or 4k every 3 months for doing nothing. If that 3k order was 6 k then youre getting 8k every few months lol and the gamers dont complain or care (enough to do anything) even if you then cancel or refund "due to covid" which is now the blanket excuse for every anti consumer action. Never seen anything like it...well I have. Its a form of conditioning to accept the bare minimum created by publishers over a generation. from Every time a AAA game launches as a broken mess (cyberpunk i c u) millions of people rally to defend why that's ok (its not) and then spend more money even while the games being pulled from shelves haha cyber punk went from 8 milllion pre-order to a 13 million after refunds due to be tech broken. Proving that we're either morons or addicts lol no other industry is like this ...its literally crazy :?

I think gamers care quite a bit , but as you say; it's an addiction so they buy the tech anyway

Back
Top Bottom