Alien Isolation [Mother VR] is the best VR experience I've had and it's a free mod.

Associate
Just here to share what an incredibly good experience I had playing Alien Isolation in VR.
The game is getting a little older now and was never a big hit, but is a cult classic with a well deserved fan base.
My housemate started borrowing a VR kit [Vive] from a friend in Dec 2019, and due to covid stuff we still have it. Having played a number of dedicated VR games, and games made with VR in mind I was not expecting to be so blown away by a mod.

I am using a controller instead of the wands as I prefer the controller but the functionality is there for full wand-play with aiming etc though weapons are used only a very small amount in the game as combat of any kind is best avoided.

I don't want to make this too long a post so;
Go check out Mother VR on Github if you have Alien Isolation.
Go play Alien Isolation if you haven't already.

Soldato
I downloaded Alien Isolation through Epic a few weeks ago. Haven't dared try to play it yet. I really don't know, from what I hear, whether I'll dare play it at all in VR!

Soldato
I don't tend to enjoy horror type games so much, especially when I'm not able to defend myself! I've got the game from Epic, but don't know if I'll ever try it. Still really want to try Subnautica in VR, but right now just working slowly through Asgards Wrath is great fun, as always though, I need more room!

Soldato
I will be honest. I haven't finished this. I get so tense playing it that I have to stop.

It was bad enough in pancake mode. In VR it's a pretty damn scary.

Associate
OP
I downloaded Alien Isolation through Epic a few weeks ago. Haven't dared try to play it yet. I really don't know, from what I hear, whether I'll dare play it at all in VR!

I'd recommend playing it on screen first.
My tips are:
- Keep moving, once you're hiding it's hard to overcome the fear of going back out.
- The alien has poor vision in the dark but has incredible hearing.
- be patient and cautious.

Once you've finished it I'd highly recommend trying motherVR. It's like playing an entirely new game.

Associate
OP
I don't tend to enjoy horror type games so much, especially when I'm not able to defend myself! I've got the game from Epic, but don't know if I'll ever try it. Still really want to try Subnautica in VR, but right now just working slowly through Asgards Wrath is great fun, as always though, I need more room!

I'm a pretty **** poor shot, so I'm used to having to navigate my environment to win in games. This game requires you to outmaneuver people, androids and the alien consistently so it's perfect for me. I'd really recommend it but you have to play it with the mindset of avoidance>confrontation.

Associate
Just started playing this in vr and it is so clear and sharp in fact one of the best looking games on the quest 2 so far imo , have not met the Alien yet......:eek:

Soldato
I played this in VR - hands down the most terrifying VR experience I've event had!

The problem was my brain didn't like the way I was moving without my legs moving and it made me nauseous for about 3 hours after playing!

Associate
OP
Bit of bad news. The Epic version doesn't work with the mod (well, so I read) as my son has that version.

Works fine with my Steam version
I've had nothing but issues with Epic.
Always keen on a diverse market but without an overlay and with all the other issues in their version of games its just not worth the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom