Alien Isolation [Mother VR] is the best VR experience I've had and it's a free mod.

Associate
I've just been playing it tonight after leaving it for some time and saw this thread.

It's by far the most pant filling game I've ever played, and I've been playing The Forest in VR. The graphics hold up really well, especially if you've a newer Nvidia or AMD card so you can max out the settings.

koh

koh

Associate
Had Alien Isolation in my Steam library so gave this a try last last night and it's really good. I prefer this over the 2d game. I stood in awe looking at the flames from burst gas pipe as looked so realistic. I think my brain was almost fooled to feel heat from flame. I also installed this file detailed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPQaJkmYE-4

To my eye made graphics cleare/crisper but not 100 % sure. Anyone else tried and noticed difference?

Associate
Had Alien Isolation in my Steam library so gave this a try last last night and it's really good. I prefer this over the 2d game. I stood in awe looking at the flames from burst gas pipe as looked so realistic. I think my brain was almost fooled to feel heat from flame. I also installed this file detailed here:

To my eye made graphics cleare/crisper but not 100 % sure. Anyone else tried and noticed difference?

The shadows are definately smoother. It's a really excellent game in VR - it's the soundscape that really makes it. The thumping around above which must be the alien and the noise of the motion tracker, just puts you in a state of constant alertness and in danger of a little underwear soiling. The soundtrack gives me the willies too.

Associate
OP

I'll give this a look. Got a 980 so it might not be able to put up with the extra demand.

Associate
Added the 8K engine .xml file and played AI again tonight. Runs really well and does look better.
I always find I can’t continue or load a previous save game from the title screen so have to restart from the beginning of a mission. Anyone else find this?

Associate
Added the 8K engine .xml file and played AI again tonight. Runs really well and does look better.
I always find I can’t continue or load a previous save game from the title screen so have to restart from the beginning of a mission. Anyone else find this?
I don't. But having played it for a few hours I've lost interest in it. I've no interest in being made to feel on edge or spooked by a game, fk that :p

Associate
I've managed to complete this in VR, what a great experience. I can honestly say it's probably the most intense, captivating, terrifying gaming experience I've ever had. Can't recommend it enough, especially if you even remotely like Alien/Aliens.

Soldato
Having completed AI on nightmare, I can only imagine what that would be like in VR. Forget about the Alien. That's just hide and seek. The Joes... The Joes...

Associate
We played Alien Isolation on my DK2 back in the day when it first released and had very basic VR support, and it's absolutely terrifying. I've just picked up an Index and I want a few scary experiences but I fear this maybe a bit over the top.

Soldato
We played Alien Isolation on my DK2 back in the day when it first released and had very basic VR support, and it's absolutely terrifying. I've just picked up an Index and I want a few scary experiences but I fear this maybe a bit over the top.

Try it out!! Don't be afraid, it's not that bad :p

Soldato
Cosmodread is properly scary, even on repeat playthroughs. I get that chill running down my spine and legs when enemies appear, even though I know they're not real and I've beaten the game loads of times.

Back
Top Bottom