• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Now in the market for a new PS5 and had my first day of trying to source stock. Got to the end of the Game queue just as everything sold out, and got to the payment page on Smyths just as the disc version sold out.

I must say, its great fun waiting for the notification and then jumping on the website mashing refresh until it works. It feels like a daily raffle of sorts.

My current strategy is following PS5StockAlertUK on Twitter. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Associate
Now in the market for a new PS5 and had my first day of trying to source stock. Got to the end of the Game queue just as everything sold out, and got to the payment page on Smyths just as the disc version sold out.

I must say, its great fun waiting for the notification and then jumping on the website mashing refresh until it works. It feels like a daily raffle of sorts.

My current strategy is following PS5StockAlertUK on Twitter. Is there anything else I should be doing?
tbh, i found that following Twitter or website meant that by the time you got the alert and logged into a site, it was already hammered and too late.

I spotted rumours about stock dropping last week with Amazon tipped for early in the week - historically their stock was about 8:00ish. so, I basically refreshed the PS5 page every 5 mins from 7:40. It came up on my phone on Mon or Tue and I got the page with "in stock" but the mobile app kept failing to add it to my cart. So I missed Amazon and there was lots of talk of Smyths dropping wed-fri. So refreshed occasionally between 8:30-9ish wed and nothing. then Thu it appeared about 8:40, grabbed one and managed to pay before any tracking site sent me an alert - thus proving (to me) that atm the demand is so great that you need to be pro-active and not wait for an alert.

so, see what rumours are predicting upcoming drops and check if there's a regular time they go on sale, and randomly refresh about then. Gives you something to do while waiting for any alert ;)

Soldato
Thanks for the replies on the rest mode, I'll start using it that way. I've got an external HDD connected as well with all my PS4 bits and pieces on.
That’s the way my lad’s is, and the only time I’ve seen an issue was when the internet connection was interrupted last week - totally not the fault of the console (the issue was the game updates failed and I had to delete and restart them). Aside from that it’s been flawless.

Soldato
Anyone using/can recommend and grips for the dualsense? Been looking at the Hotline games grip sticker pack as having used their Teflon mouse skates in the past and were good quality.

Associate
Noob question about the PS+ Collection.

I already several of the games on both disc and download. In terms of the ones that are PS5 enhanced (God of War etc) I presume it doesn't make a difference whether I play the version I own or the version from The Collection?

Associate

I might have actually got one from Smyths (I'll believe it when they ship :D) by using PS5 Stock Alerts on Telegram - https://t.me/s/ps5updates. They seem pretty on the ball, and they're active in updating status of live drops as well

Caporegime
Noob question about the PS+ Collection.

I already several of the games on both disc and download. In terms of the ones that are PS5 enhanced (God of War etc) I presume it doesn't make a difference whether I play the version I own or the version from The Collection?

For the titles you own digitally, it won't let you add the PS+ versions. But there won't be any difference to the disc versions unless you don't patch the disc install when prompted.

Back
Top Bottom