• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So i wrestled with the OcUK store for a good 15 mins and finally got my order through for a 3070 TUF. I've been a customer for 10+ years (you can check my purchase history). And now you're telling me that I can't have my card because I don't frequent these forums often? That hurts man...

Your order was cancelled and so was every other order because the products were not meant to be available.

OK
Apologies up front if, by some fluke, any genuine customers got caught up in this but there shouldn't have been any cards (above 2060) for sale this evening. We had an issue with a hidden stock feed for about half an hour which a load of auto-buy bots...and possibly stock watch bots managed to latch onto.

We received about a thousand orders in a matter of minutes which managed to bypass the lack of a buy button.

Every single one has been identified, frozen and is in the process of being cancelled.

There's absolutely no way to find out if there are any genuine customers involved, there shouldn't be unless there was a second but involved.. but none of the cards should have been orderable so all orders are being cancelled.

There were even a few that made it through the warehouse buy we've grabbed those too so no scalpers are getting their cards tonight!

No customer who ordered a product that is supposed to be on sale should be affected.

Obviously the surge in traffic is causing some slow down, sorry

Soldato
So i wrestled with the OcUK store for a good 15 mins and finally got my order through for a 3070 TUF. I've been a customer for 10+ years (you can check my purchase history). And now you're telling me that I can't have my card because I don't frequent these forums often? That hurts man...

There's been no 3070 on offer. Not being a forum member has made no difference to you. There's been two offers so far, 3060 and 6700xt. They're trying to find a way to reduce the current requirements to make it more open to more forum members, rather than a small group.

EDIT - As above, there were orders cancelled due to an error in their system, nothing to do with forum members or offers.

Associate
Would be nice if they look over my previous purchases (dating back to 2010) and see that I have not purchased any other 3000 series cards from them (proof i'm not scalping) and that I have been a loyal customer way longer than i've been on the forums.

Soldato
Would be nice if they look over my previous purchases (dating back to 2010) and see that I have not purchased any other 3000 series cards from them (proof i'm not scalping) and that I have been a loyal customer way longer than i've been on the forums.

For what reason? The 3070 was not meant to be available for purchase, there was a system error, displaying cards that weren't available. Nothing to do with your history, your forum membership, scalping, or any vouchers.

Associate
Not meant for purchase? Why would a component store not sell components? The only error would be to receive the stock and not sell it :p

They are a business after all ;)

Associate
The important thing is you've clearly read that you weren't being treated differently and all orders were cancelled.
Not entirely so. I've been a customer with OcUK for 10+ years. Some other customers have been with them for a far shorter amount of time, yet because they frequent the forums more than I do, they're going to get voucher codes while I and many others will not. Feels like a kick in the teeth

Soldato
Not entirely so. I've been a customer with OcUK for 10+ years. Some other customers have been with them for a far shorter amount of time, yet because they frequent the forums more than I do, they're going to get voucher codes while I and many others will not. Feels like a kick in the teeth
Life's not fair unfortunately. You'll get a chance next week to buy a card via the public sections of the forum. Then after that it'll no doubt go back to being in the MM because people will ruin it for others,

Soldato

Meh - OCUK is one of a handful of PC component retailers, everyone who has ever bought pc parts have basically been their customer for 10+ years.

Soldato
How could you prove it was the same one? I reported someone doing the same and they said they needed serial numbers.

Problem is the thing they bought and sold didn't have serial numbers. So the mods weren't interested. Essentially said I had no proof even though for sure it was the same person and the item is an obscure item like nobody would buy 2 of them.
Couple of very distinctive and unique marks the idiot didn’t think to hide/cover.
I also messaged the clown on ebay and he replied which was the extra nail in the coffin.

Associate
Another member joined over 10 years ago, dont post much.. but buy a fair bit of a kit on a regular basis.
Bit annoying seeing OCUK implementing this now.
Same. I didn't use any sort of bot, I spent 20 minutes trying painfully to purchase via a normal browser, and having to deal with my bank being too hot on fraud checks (and the website to be so slow that I got charged twice via Amazon) to then be tarred with the "scalper/bot" brush and to now find out that everything has been cancelled.

Man of Honour
Another member joined over 10 years ago, dont post much.. but buy a fair bit of a kit on a regular basis.
Bit annoying seeing OCUK implementing this now.
What is it with the entitled attitude lately?

Not happy when OCUK take pre-orders
Not happy when OCUK don't sell the cards
Not happy when OCUK try and stop bots/scalpers and really help gamers.

Why not demand a free card because you're all so special :rolleyes:

I swore to myself I wouldn't get involved in all this rubbish but the entitlement is strong lately, it really is!

Associate

I've been here way longer than 10 years, sure it's a bit annoying but the other option is just all orders going to bots. So the way to look at it is you won't be buying either way but at least this way the majority of the sales will be going to actual users and not scalpers.

The sales from this evening they have already posted that they were listed due to a software glitch and weren't meant to be listed. That has nothing to do with the members market codes. Please note that there are customers who have been shopping here regularly far longer than you have that are also in the same boat, even though you have been using OCUK for 10 years.

Soldato
I used to run an online community and we used to get sick of just that, entitlement.

If you've been here and contributed nothing then it's tough luck.

I'm not moaning online that Morrisons isn't giving me a discount because I spend hundreds of pounds a month there, but apparently it's ok to do that here.

Associate
What is it with the entitled attitude lately?
The problem, from my perspective, is that to someone who happened upon the page, which had a big "add to cart" button and a "10+ in stock" subtitle under the item was that the product was in stock.

I don't pretend to know the stock situation at OcUK, and I know how hard it is to get hold of one of these cards. I just assumed they'd managed to get a fair few in and was trying to get one for myself.

My point is it's quite disappointing to think you've finally managed to beat the bots and scalpers to secure a very sought after piece of hardware, and then find out it was a "software glitch".

Not entitled, more disappointed.

Soldato
The problem, from my perspective, is that to someone who happened upon the page, which had a big "add to cart" button and a "10+ in stock" subtitle under the item was that the product was in stock.

I don't pretend to know the stock situation at OcUK, and I know how hard it is to get hold of one of these cards. I just assumed they'd managed to get a fair few in and was trying to get one for myself.

My point is it's quite disappointing to think you've finally managed to beat the bots and scalpers to secure a very sought after piece of hardware, and then find out it was a "software glitch".

That's completely understandable. But you came in complaining about being tarred as a scalper or bot, which is just not true.

Man of Honour

Disappointed is fine and natural, entitlement is another beast altogether, and I'm sorry to say people's posts don't generally come across as disappointed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom