• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OK
Apologies up front if, by some fluke, any genuine customers got caught up in this but there shouldn't have been any cards (above 2060) for sale this evening. We had an issue with a hidden stock feed for about half an hour which a load of auto-buy bots...and possibly stock watch bots managed to latch onto.

We received about a thousand orders in a matter of minutes which managed to bypass the lack of a buy button.

Every single one has been identified, frozen and is in the process of being cancelled.

There's absolutely no way to find out if there are any genuine customers involved, there shouldn't be unless there was a second but involved.. but none of the cards should have been orderable so all orders are being cancelled.

There were even a few that made it through the warehouse buy we've grabbed those too so no scalpers are getting their cards tonight!

No customer who ordered a product that is supposed to be on sale should be affected.

Obviously the surge in traffic is causing some slow down, sorry

Caporegime
I'm late to the party, and not in the market for a GPU, but just to say kudos to @Gibbo and the rest of the OCUK team. This seems like a properly admirable effort to tackle an issue entirely not of your making.

</capdoff>
Yup, despite detesting what the market as a whole as descended into , respect for this effort.

I just hope some crap head has lost £10k in all this somehow.... :D

Caporegime
We received about a thousand orders in a matter of minutes which managed to bypass the lack of a buy button.

I clicked via a Discord link earlier out of curiosity and the webpage did seem a little screwed up but the buy button was still clickable. Def didn't seem 'right' and this explains it.

Soldato
Lol, the "item" was never at any point shown at £479 today. But certainly was shown at £10,000 for the entire time it was up for members.

Yeah there was I saw it too with other 6700XTs around £600 showing 10+ in stock then that weird add to basket button as above. It was when the forum went really slow earlier. ScottiB's explanation is probably the reason.

Could you not make it "PHONE CALL ORDERS" only? Can't see the Auto Buy bots doing anything then haha

That would work but make everyone else more angry I was on the phone 65 minutes for my order. (not complaining about it either)

Caporegime
OK
Apologies up front if, by some fluke, any genuine customers got caught up in this but there shouldn't have been any cards (above 2060) for sale this evening. We had an issue with a hidden stock feed for about half an hour which a load of auto-buy bots...and possibly stock watch bots managed to latch onto.

Every single one has been identified, frozen and is in the process of being cancelled.

There's absolutely no way to find out if there are any genuine customers involved, there shouldn't be unless there was a second but involved.. but none of the cards should have been orderable so all orders are being cancelled.

There were even a few that made it through the warehouse buy we've grabbed those too so no scalpers are getting their cards tonight!

No customer who ordered a product that is supposed to be on sale should be affected.

Obviously the surge in traffic is causing some slow down, sorry

Surely some serious questions need asking if they're able to buy cards that are "unbuyable"

Same happened with the 6700XT didn't it?

Soldato
Surely some serious questions need asking if they're able to buy cards that are "unbuyable"

Same happened with the 6700XT didn't it?

Not really when you know the OCUK website is creaking at the seams and on its last legs. Whenever they finally get the new one there will be a massive sigh of relief.

Its not just that there is so much hacking, DDOS attacks and other cyber attacks going on at the moment its unbelievable 2020 was one helluva crazy year for all sorts of reasons but 2021 is no different.

Associate
You can see the buy button on the pic above but the price is cut out... So the bots just added them to their baskets ? Without prices ?Just make them all 10k .. to mess with them !!! They will soon stop using Ocuk for bot buying if all the cards are at 10k:p

Associate
Hey, just been pointed to this thread by a friend and it looks like I am one of the 'fluke' orders that got through at msrp. I picked up a Zotac 3060 earlier this evening. If i read this right my order is being cancelled?

Would be very helpful if some of the higher ups here can let me know what's going on.

Cheers
Edit: just fyi at no time was any of the cards i saw £10k or so. I'm not a total loon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom