Grim Dawn - ARPG

Associate
OP
Last patch ever :(

A fitting end to a brilliant game.

it's unfortunate but i guess they achieved what they wanted to. i expect they'll still be balance patching too.

they're also working on a small stand-alone Grim Dawn related game too so can't wait to see what that is. :)

Soldato
Even if there are no more patches, this is no different to me than games such as Torchlight 2 for example where that has not been patched for a long time. I still enjoy it though which is the main thing.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
One the many games I bought years ago and never played. I had helped contribute when it was getting made. Titan Quest clone right? Worth a good go?

Soldato
Is anyone going to do the season 2 that is starting on the 20th? I was tempted but having to submit proof of kills etc may be a little tedious... I am unsure...

I may just bite the bullet and do a live steam of Grim Dawn on the same night this begins but not do the season itself?

Associate
Is anyone going to do the season 2 that is starting on the 20th? I was tempted but having to submit proof of kills etc may be a little tedious... I am unsure...

I may just bite the bullet and do a live steam of Grim Dawn on the same night this begins but not do the season itself?
Largely undecided. I did enjoy playing through the main questline of the game and loved the constellations and stuff but the endgame just felt like poking bosses to death. Also depends if I can hit 36/40 challenges in the current Path of Exile league in time. 32 now so shouldn't be too bad

Soldato
Largely undecided. I did enjoy playing through the main questline of the game and loved the constellations and stuff but the endgame just felt like poking bosses to death. Also depends if I can hit 36/40 challenges in the current Path of Exile league in time. 32 now so shouldn't be too bad

I am undecided too just due to time it may take to actually make it worth while.

Regarding the end game, you have the crucible, the endless dungeon (forget the name), bosses and nemesis bosses...so there is enough to do in my opinion.

Permabanned
Replaying this again with all the DLC. There are tonnes of impassable place I find that need dynamite or skeleton keys, but they don't flag up on the map again unless you happen close to them. What gives?

Associate
Replaying this again with all the DLC. There are tonnes of impassable place I find that need dynamite or skeleton keys, but they don't flag up on the map again unless you happen close to them. What gives?

dynamite and skeleton keys can be bought at some vendors for mats.
you receive a skeleton key when doing dungeon quests in act2.
The easy way is to buy them at vendor.

Soldato

The skeleton keys open up Challenge Dungeons, which if you want to know where they are I would google them.

You can make Skeleton Keys at a blacksmith too with the right materials - of which you may need to farm for.

Permabanned
I rinsed this over the weekend and by the evening I was utterly brain-dead. Currently level 54 and haven't finished the base game yet.

When it was first released I was done at level 41. Barely remember playing it.

Soldato
A little bump as I started playing this game once again, this time as a Cold Warlock Mage and enjoying it so far. Saw this youtube video posted over at the Crate Forum and thought I share it here too. It's quiet interesting to read and learn more about to game form someone that is very good at it, some of you might have heard of the streamer, or seen his NCP in the game even ? His name is RektbyProtoss, and although the video is 1hr 22min long, he has made timestamps for easier navigation !

Some of it might be a bit of basic stuff but I found a lot that was useful to know, but then again I am on my second ever rune and I never got my first character to level 100 either so there is that ! :cry:

Soldato
Started playing this yesterday with a couple other friends, but I quickly went off on my own as they love to faff around.
Am I doing the game a disservice by just blasting through all dialogue, and exiting out of the lore snippets without reading?
The basic loop of loot and kill for better loot, is always enjoyable to me in these types of games. Maybe I'm missing out by not being slow/meticulous though...

Soldato
Started playing this yesterday with a couple other friends, but I quickly went off on my own as they love to faff around.
Am I doing the game a disservice by just blasting through all dialogue, and exiting out of the lore snippets without reading?
The basic loop of loot and kill for better loot, is always enjoyable to me in these types of games. Maybe I'm missing out by not being slow/meticulous though...

Yes and no. The lore is good but not diablo good if that makes sense. Enjoy the game how you want to be honest. That said, some of the notes lead to hidden quests so you will miss a bit here and there.

Remember that forgotten God's is a separate story that has nothing to do with the original nor Malmouth, so you can do this whenever after the warden if and when you fancy it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I made a grimtools char with all the devotions unlocked at the weekend for lols and went nemasis hunting. Much fun for 30mins

Soldato
So, started playing this a while ago again and thought I post some quality of life mods that I am using.

First one is an actually mod, the way Grim Dawn works you can only have one unless they been merged.

It is called Grim UI: X-Mod and expands the back pack space and the windows for the smuggler, blacksmiths, illusionist and of course your own character. Considering how much loot drops in Grim Dawn, for me this mod was a given one ! [REL] Grim UI over at Crate Forum

Then there is GD Stash, it can be used to do a lot of different things, including store items, craft new ones if you don't want to play the gamble in game by creating things there. It also makes it possible to changed a character from being recognized as played with a mod to a normal vanilla character so that you can, if you want to, use the Online GrimTools functions of showing of your character by uploading all the stats/armour etc. The GrimTool's website you can also check for monsters, items and keep an eye on your progress in the game, but most importantly, has a fully functional map over the game with everything covered. That is if you like maps outside of the game of course ! :p

Then there is Grim Internal, which has several good features, one of them being auto-pickup for all the components and you have a display with buff, money and monsterkill counter, i.e. Common, Champions, Hero, Boss and nemesis. And a loot more. A recent feature is you can remove all the fog like effects and make the game look much better and not washed out, as can be seen in this post over at Crate Forum; Is there a mod that remove fog in zones

And then we have the Rainbow Filter for Item Highlighting, which makes it SO much easier to know which green are the more special armor/weapon drops with better stats then normal ones. It's also have the text in color for the item information text. It can be changed to your own liking though.

Although I am using a expanded storage mod I realized a few days ago that it wont be enough for all the drops, if one want to save them since after all, you do have a shared stash between all your character so you can get a drop from character 1 that fists your second character much better etc. I ended up installing [Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant, which simply store all the items outside of the game, either in a save cloud or locally on your PC. Very easy to use, just follow the instructions and you be fine. :) It is also very easy to search for certain types of weapon or armor within the Item Assistant client, so highly recommended mod.

Lastly this is a tool I found just yesterday, which the creator made into a offline tool today since they wont be maintaining it after December this year. It shows you what components you need for any items you wish the blacksmith to make for you. And if you played the game you do know that towards the end there is some items that need a huge amount of resources to be made, this tool make it super easy to see what you need, but way more importantly, what you missing since it can check your stash in the game as to what you already own ! Link to the thread; [Site] Grim Dawn Relic Tool although it don't have much information so here is a link directly to the tool itself; GDCraft for offline use.

So, there is some mods that should make things easier for playing the game, although some of you might already be using these mods though ! :p

@tuftyfella You might not play the game any more but since you started the thread, maybe quote this post and put it in your OP, for easier access if anyone looking for some quality of life mods for the game ? Just a suggestion though, so feel free to ignore it if you want ! :cool: :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom