Did Corsair just silently put out the best B Die bin on the market? 4000 16-16-16-36 XMP at 1.40v!

Associate
Can you post a ZenTimings screenshot with default settings ????

Had to drop the FCLK to get the system to boot at this speed. 2000 is a no go on my 5800x by the look of it.

Zen-Timings-Screenshot.png

Soldato
I noticed between those two screen shots there are differences in VDDG volts, RTT volts and DRV volts which indicates they are mobo specific settings. Assuming the posters haven't set them manually.

Associate
I noticed between those two screen shots there are differences in VDDG volts, RTT volts and DRV volts which indicates they are mobo specific settings. Assuming the posters haven't set them manually.

Correct. I just loadaed the DOCP and dropped the FCLK so the memory could run at 4000. Those settings are just what the notherboard defaulted to.

Associate
One screenshot is 16GB and the other is 32GB, RTT values and DrvStrength values will be different

Associate
So I tested my 4 x 8GB Viper Steels 4400mhz modules with the exact same settings as the screenshot posted by @DrSteve.

1.4v in HWInfo64 (1.38v in BIOS) was not enough to run the memory at 4000mhz.

Setting 1.4v in BIOS, which is 1.42v in HWInfo64 was enough to run the Vipers at the Corsair SPD settings stable.

For stability testing I used 25 cycles of TM5.

Now for those of you that can run FCLK at 2000mhz here are some optimised settings that also ran 25 cycles of TM5 without changing any voltages.

I am going to assume that these settings should work for the Corsair modules.

Only thing you may have to tweak is the ProcODT to something higher than 28.2 ohms...

RD5WuVg.png

Associate
So I tested my 4 x 8GB Viper Steels 4400mhz modules with the exact same settings as the screenshot posted by @DrSteve.

1.4v in HWInfo64 (1.38v in BIOS) was not enough to run the memory at 4000mhz.

Setting 1.4v in BIOS, which is 1.42v in HWInfo64 was enough to run the Vipers at the Corsair SPD settings stable.

For stability testing I used 25 cycles of TM5.

Now for those of you that can run FCLK at 2000mhz here are some optimised settings that also ran 25 cycles of TM5 without changing any voltages.

I am going to assume that these settings should work for the Corsair modules.

Only thing you may have to tweak is the ProcODT to something higher than 28.2 ohms...

RD5WuVg.png

Useful info, I've just bought a set of the same RAM (only 16GB though) and will try these settings when they arrive on the weekend. My 6800 XT is a pretty poor overclocker so here's hoping the 5800X can make up for it and hit 2000 FCLK!

Associate
Useful info, I've just bought a set of the same RAM (only 16GB though) and will try these settings when they arrive on the weekend. My 6800 XT is a pretty poor overclocker so here's hoping the 5800X can make up for it and hit 2000 FCLK!
Did you get round to testing these ?

If you have the time and are willing are you up for taking high quality pictures of the PCBs on these dimms so we can work out if these are A0s or A2s or even A3s ???

Thanks

Associate
Did you get round to testing these ?

If you have the time and are willing are you up for taking high quality pictures of the PCBs on these dimms so we can work out if these are A0s or A2s or even A3s ???

Thanks

How do you go about removing the heatsinks to check the PCB? If it's easy and wouldn't void the warranty I'm happy to check. On my motherboard (MSI B550 A-Pro) XMP wouldn't boot with either mode and neither did those I quoted earlier but another forum member's (can't find the post unfortunately) did for CL16 with 1T and GDM enabled did (1T wasn't stable). I'm not at my PC now but will get back to you with a Zen Timings screenshot.

Associate
How do you go about removing the heatsinks to check the PCB? If it's easy and wouldn't void the warranty I'm happy to check. On my motherboard (MSI B550 A-Pro) XMP wouldn't boot with either mode and neither did those I quoted earlier but another forum member's (can't find the post unfortunately) did for CL16 with 1T and GDM enabled did (1T wasn't stable). I'm not at my PC now but will get back to you with a Zen Timings screenshot.
Hi!

No thats not necessary

Check these pictures from one of my posts at overclock.net

If you can take high quality pictures that are from the same angle that should be enough to work out what PCB is being used.

1T GDM enabled is not what you want to be aiming at with 4 x dimms.

2T GDM disabled is what you want to be aiming for!

Associate
Hi!

No thats not necessary

Check these pictures from one of my posts at overclock.net

If you can take high quality pictures that are from the same angle that should be enough to work out what PCB is being used.

1T GDM enabled is not what you want to be aiming at with 4 x dimms.

2T GDM disabled is what you want to be aiming for!

Ah brilliant, I'm happy to try and get shots of the PCB. I only have 2 sticks so I presume 1T with GDM is ok? Having been on Intel for years I haven't done much fiddling with timings before and I'm keen to figure out the best setup, with this AMD gear I've spent more time enjoying tinkering than gaming!

Associate
tn5sxKc.png

These are the timings I copied and they seem stable (ran Test Mem extreme config at 1500% for over 5 hours) while giving good results.
Ideally you want to turn GDM off.

If this were me I would bump vdimm to 1.4v and change the following

CLDO vDDP: 0.905/0.915 (Set in BIOS)
ProcODT: 36 ohms
RttWr: Disabled
RttPark: RZQ/5
GDM: Disabled
tRDRDSCL: 3
tWRWRSCL: 3
tRCDWR: 16 (keep the same as tRCDRD until you get a stable set with GDM disabled)
tRTP: 6
tRFC: 288
tRFC2: 214
tRFC4: 132
tCKE: 9
ClkDrvStr: 40 ohms
CsOdtDrvStr: 20 ohms
AddrCmdSetup: 3
CsOdtSetup: 3
CkeSetup: 15

Leave tRDWR and tWRRD on AUTO to see what values get AUTO assigned, I am guessing they will become tRDWR: 9 and tWRRD: 1

There are some subtle differences between A0 and A2 dimms, hence the reason to know what those Corsairs are

;)

Regards the enjoyment in tinkering, well mate you are a tinkerer, like many of us

:D :D

Last edited:
Associate
Ideally you want to turn GDM off.

If this were me I would bump vdimm to 1.4v and change the following

CLDO vDDP: 0.905/0.915 (Set in BIOS)
ProcODT: 36 ohms
RttWr: Disabled
RttPark: RZQ/5
GDM: Disabled
tRDRDSCL: 3
tWRWRSCL: 3
tRCDWR: 16 (keep the same as tRCDRD until you get a stable set with GDM disabled)
tRTP: 6
tRFC: 288
tRFC2: 214
tRFC4: 132
tCKE: 9
ClkDrvStr: 40 ohms
CsOdtDrvStr: 20 ohms
AddrCmdSetup: 3
CsOdtSetup: 3
CkeSetup: 15

Leave tRDWR and tWRRD on AUTO to see what values get AUTO assigned, I am guessing they will become tRDWR: 9 and tWRRD: 1

There are some subtle differences between A0 and A2 dimms, hence the reason to know what those Corsairs are

;)

Regards the enjoyment in tinkering, well mate you are a tinkerer, like many of us

:D :D

I'm a tinker all right! Unfortunately those settings haven't worked for me, system won't POST (this is the most irritating part of memory tweaking, never done so many CMOS resets in my life!). Thanks for the suggestion though, and alterations to timings that may help? I'd like to get 1T working but a guessing I'll have to slacken timings to achieve it.

Additionally I'll try and get a PCB shot later today.

Associate
I'm a tinker all right! Unfortunately those settings haven't worked for me, system won't POST (this is the most irritating part of memory tweaking, never done so many CMOS resets in my life!). Thanks for the suggestion though, and alterations to timings that may help? I'd like to get 1T working but a guessing I'll have to slacken timings to achieve it.

Additionally I'll try and get a PCB shot later today.
Well we need to work out which timing/setting is stopping you from posting as those settings I refered you to are absolutely achievable on A0/A2 PCB using b-die and you are using a well binned set also

:)

Can you use the settings I gave you but set the following on AUTO and see if it posts.

ProcODT/RttNom/RttWr/RttPark
ClkDrvStr/AddrCmdDrvStr/CsOdtSetup/CkeDrvStr
tRTP/tWTRS/tWTRL

If it posts attach a ZenTimings screenshot so we can see whats changed

Associate
Well we need to work out which timing/setting is stopping you from posting as those settings I refered you to are absolutely achievable on A0/A2 PCB using b-die and you are using a well binned set also

:)

Can you use the settings I gave you but set the following on AUTO and see if it posts.

ProcODT/RttNom/RttWr/RttPark
ClkDrvStr/AddrCmdDrvStr/CsOdtSetup/CkeDrvStr
tRTP/tWTRS/tWTRL

If it posts attach a ZenTimings screenshot so we can see whats changed

Wouldn't POST again unfortunately! Will take a pic of the DIMMS before trying again.

Edit: Here they are. If not high enough quality (used my phone) I'll whip out my old DSLR later.

rhJCXqP.jpg
8JkLvGV.jpg
Mpxl9OP.jpg
XKNXvFQ.jpg
8Q06uyQ.jpg
hKwGwbE.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Ahhhhhh,

Kirby you have thrown me a mile off

:D

I thought you had the Corsair modules that the OP is about!

But you have the same modules as me, they are A2s, sorry about that, I was hoping someone with the Corsair dimms would pay some attention to this thread and get some pics up.

As for your issue, thats very strange, you need to work out which setting is triggering the no post scenario and then can take it from there ....

Last edited:
Associate
Ahhhhhh,

Kirby you have thrown me a mile off

:D

I thought you had the Corsair modules that the OP is about!

But you have the same modules as me, they are A2s, sorry about that, I was hoping someone with the Corsair dimms would pay some attention to this thread and get some pics up.

As for your issue, thats very strange, you need to work out which setting is triggering the no post scenario and then can take it from there ....

Ah sorry, I should have been clearer. Thanks for the advice though. What's a likely stable set of timings with 1T I can start from as a baseline? 16-16-16-32 with auto subtimings and then start changing them in small groups?

Back
Top Bottom