The New European Super (borefest) League

Soldato
Fair competition. Ie allowing clubs to be promoted and relegated, which the super league would largely not. How is he wrong?
"ethos of fair competition"

The mans a complete hypocrite.

Absolute waffle.
Seeing as you are a fan of the Guardian, try reading this one. I'll excuse your i'll informed opinion on the basis that you are suffering from post vaccination delusions. Hope it clears up soon.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ootball-can-be-behind-a-european-super-league

Soldato
Take the points off them. Let them all spend next season in the championship.

I can see this super League being on Amazon prime.....if it does actually happen.

Soldato
Take the points off them. Let them all spend next season in the championship.

I can see this super League being on Amazon prime.....if it does actually happen.

The EPL should suspend all 6 clubs with immediate effect, if this gets announced before the end of the season.

They can all do a Rangers and start from the bottom.

Caporegime
If this goes ahead, what happens if all the England players at these clubs issue a joint statement where they refuse to join this league as it means they'll no longer be able to play for their country?

They'll be replaced by said clubs by cheaper foreign players? :p

Do you seriously think the likes of Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling will give up mega wages to play for England though?

Don
I'd be interested in knowing whether there's a non compete clause in the PL agreement
There's not been any suggestion that they've joined or formed this new League though, simply a letter of intent that they will.

edit: and this new League wouldn't be a competing League with the PL either.

Caporegime
I actually think the idea itself isn't that bad but the idea that you cannot get relegated is just a joke.

Say for example the champions League itself became a mini league then the top 4 clubs in that mini league would end up in a play off to become champions of Europe. It would give a more realistic representation of who is the best in Europe as knockout is always a bit of a lottery.

Relegation would be bottom 3-4 teams and qualification to the super League would come from a lower tier league similar to the Europa League now.

Soldato
There's not been any suggestion that they've joined or formed this new League though, simply a letter of intent that they will.

edit: and this new League wouldn't be a competing League with the PL either.
From a legal perspective, you can obtain relief including an injunction for a threatened breach of contract. I don't know how it works from a sports governance perspective but I wouldn't be surprised if similar remedies were available.

How would this not be competing with the PL? It'll compete for time and finance even if the clubs playing in the super league remain in the PL as well

Back
Top Bottom