• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
What made you remove nv container in the first place? Seems an odd thing to remove at random.

Went to check what Nvidia processes and services were running. Nothing random about it if you see an Nvidia process running thats not meant to be there.
Like I said NVContainer service is not meant to be included in a "clean" driver version install but somehow it gets installed. Tried it with NVCleanInstall and the guru3d clean drivers (466.x)

PwWe3DT.jpg

Caporegime
Soldato
Nvidia is ending their support a time when people are using older cards, perhaps stuck on them, unable to upgrade to newer ones. Nvidia got your back.

i dont think there have been any kepler improvements in the drivers for few years now. only reason to update was security issues or photoshop complaining about wanting newer driver. things still work fine so no real biggie.

Soldato
OP
i dont think there have been any kepler improvements in the drivers for few years now. only reason to update was security issues or photoshop complaining about wanting newer driver. things still work fine so no real biggie.

What about for games though, you will miss out on game specific updates?

I guess will have to find a newer card, easier said than done in today's market :D

Caporegime
Some newer games run fine on older drivers, when i was on my Vega 64, i hadn't updated the drivers for over a year, as they were working fine, even in some newer games that had come out a year after them, and id guess some of Nvidias would be the same.

Theres just no point updating, if the drivers you have on, are working perfectly fine.

Ive seen it posted many times, people updating from perfectly working drivers, to newer ones that give them nothing but problems, so they have to roll straight back :D

I only update like said above, security fixes, and if i have a prob, that a newer driver would fix.

The perfectly working driver you are on, is suddenly not going to stop working, when a new one comes out :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The thing is, there isn't really such a thing as a "perfectly" working driver, you can always get more performance. So my attitude is always upgrade to the latest driver available, then go back to an earlier driver if you have issues. The only exception would be if I absolutely needed stability for an important esports match or something, then I'd hold fire until after.

Caporegime
Theres just no point updating, if the drivers you have on, are working perfectly fine.

Ive seen it posted many times, people updating from perfectly working drivers, to newer ones that give them nothing but problems, so they have to roll straight back :D

Agreed! On the odd occasion I might just update just to have all the "fixes" but always end up going back to my favourite driver the 457's :D

Caporegime
GeForce Game Ready 466.63 WHQL Drivers Released

GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and No Man’s Sky NVIDIA DLSS Game Ready Driver Released

By Andrew Burnes on June 03, 2021 | Featured Stories Drivers NVIDIA DLSS Virtual Reality
Our latest GeForce Game Ready driver brings you support for the new GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, and a ton of enhancements and optimizations for a variety of games. DLSS comes to No Man’s Sky, Reflex heads to Escape From Tarkov and War Thunder, and there’s day-one support for Chivalry 2 and Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2.

Plus, we’ve got support for 5 new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings profiles.

To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab. And to learn more about everything included, keep reading.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-3080-ti-game-ready-driver/

Soldato
Well this is interesting (not).

I have upgraded both my PC's with the new driver. On my old PC with a GT 710 I have had two DPC watchdog violation BSODs since I installed the driver.

May or may not be related but I am going to roll back on this PC.

---

Three times it's locked up. I think it's Firefox + Nvidia driver that's the issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom