Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Caporegime
They've also got a massive problem with Son. He's their only other world class player and will command a high fee as well. He's 28, soon to be 29, and might not want to wait around to see what Spurs do if Kane leaves.
If Kane leaves and they don't get a top quality striker in his place how much longer will Son want to stay for if he has any ambition himself? If Spurs really aren't careful they could lose both of their best players in the next 1-2 years and become that mid table mediocre club they've always threatened to be recently.

Soldato
OP
I'd take Son at Liverpool over Kane.

Not that either will happen. Regarding the tielemans rumours, I don't see it happening for a small fee if its true. I'd say they would want at least 60m before they even agree to talk

Man of Honour
I'd take Son at Liverpool over Kane.

Not that either will happen. Regarding the tielemans rumours, I don't see it happening for a small fee if its true. I'd say they would want at least 60m before they even agree to talk

I've always been surprised that no big teams have tried for Son over the years, always rated him and think he is a superb player who has been wasted on Spurs sub bench too much.

Associate
I've always been surprised that no big teams have tried for Son over the years, always rated him and think he is a superb player who has been wasted on Spurs sub bench too much.

I can't remember many games Son didn't start the last 2 seasons, if he's fully fit, he's started. Last 10 games or so he went MIA, regardless whether he scored a few a long the way.

Man of Honour
I can't remember many games Son didn't start the last 2 seasons, if he's fully fit, he's started. Last 10 games or so he went MIA, regardless whether he scored a few a long the way.

Maybe its just my perception then or that you usually only hear of Kane. Mind you I guess theres a case to be argued that even if he is on the pitch he's wasted at Spurs :p

fez

fez

Caporegime

No idea. Perhaps its dealing with Levy when it comes to a player they don't want to sell and the player isn't making noises about leaving. I can't imagine its for any footballing reasons because honestly I think he is very close to Kane in importance for Spurs and he is absolutely quality. World class player.

Caporegime
I can't see Villa parting with him for 100 million or City buying him for that much but I could see them offering Sterling along with 50-60 million.

If he leaves Villa, City are probably the perfect match for him. He's too good to not be playing UCL football.

Caporegime
Don
Why does it look like that? @Pigeon_Killer

It's always nice to get a signing wrapped up within days of the season ending and I'm sure we'll now see us move onto a midfielder in the coming weeks. All being well I can see us signing another forward too but I suspect that might drag on while the club look to shift Origi & Shaqiri. I wouldn't bet against a 2nd midfielder arriving if we manage to shift Keita but I suspect we won't be able to.

Man of Honour
Yup, a midfielder and a forward, that in combination with Konate I would be happy with. As long as its a decent midfielder and a decent forward, for the here and now, not "prospects"

Don
Yup, a midfielder and a forward, that in combination with Konate I would be happy with. As long as its a decent midfielder and a decent forward, for the here and now, not "prospects"
It depends on what you consider a prospect. The club typically look to sign players in the 22-25 year old age bracket - players who haven't quite peaked.
James Pearce article for The Athletic.
The club have been giving out duff info to the local press for the past couple of years - how many times did we get told that there was no interest in Thiago last season and none of them knew anything re Jota until a few hours before he signed.

I've no doubt that the club would rather shift a few players before wrapping up the signings of new players, simply to improve our negotiating position when dealing with potential buyers. I'd be absolutely amazed if we don't sign a CM this summer, regardless if nobody departs though. Signing another forward without shifting a body or two might be tricky though.

Man of Honour
It depends on what you consider a prospect. The club typically look to sign players in the 22-25 year old age bracket - players who haven't quite peaked.

I mean players who can go into the team this season, not in 3 seasons time. Utd will strengthen a lot this summer, Chelsea I fully expect to strengthen their goalscoring (which was really their biggest issue this season), City are pretty odds on to splash 100s of millions again this summer and I'm pretty sure Kane will lead their front line next season. If all we do is sign Konate and some prospects to come good in a few years, then we arent going to get near the title next season, we will have stood still. I'm hoping for some players who come in and are ready to go this season, even if from the bench, just dont want to see more signings who come and we may get to see them in 2023 possibly.

Caporegime

The club have been giving out duff info to the local press for the past couple of years - how many times did we get told that there was no interest in Thiago last season and none of them knew anything re Jota until a few hours before he signed.

I've no doubt that the club would rather shift a few players before wrapping up the signings of new players, simply to improve our negotiating position when dealing with potential buyers. I'd be absolutely amazed if we don't sign a CM this summer, regardless if nobody departs though. Signing another forward without shifting a body or two might be tricky though.
The club definitely got spooked by the furore around VVD and leaks to local press the summer before he actually signed and I’d imagine any ‘leaks’ to press, even local ones were stopped immediately. Sometimes a leak is simply a scoop for a local journo who has a good relationship with the club.

Don
I mean players who can go into the team this season, not in 3 seasons time. Utd will strengthen a lot this summer, Chelsea I fully expect to strengthen their goalscoring (which was really their biggest issue this season), City are pretty odds on to splash 100s of millions again this summer and I'm pretty sure Kane will lead their front line next season. If all we do is sign Konate and some prospects to come good in a few years, then we arent going to get near the title next season, we will have stood still. I'm hoping for some players who come in and are ready to go this season, even if from the bench, just dont want to see more signings who come and we may get to see them in 2023 possibly.
There's a big gap betwen players that can go straight into the team and players for 3 years time though. Jota is probably the best example of the type of player(s) I expect us to sign this summer - somebody probably not expected to start regularly from day one but at the same time, is an able deputy who you hope/expect to grow into that regular starter. In Jota's case he hit the ground running and has shown he's capable of starting regularly which was a bonus.

If we ended the window signing another Jota type and a similar profile midfielder to somebody like Bissouma, two players that could come into the side when needed without letting anybody down but also with an eye for 1-2 years time, then I'd be happy.

And those sides have been "strengthening" every summer while we've just done our own thing and other than a mental seasons with injuries this season, we've managed to hold our own.
The club definitely got spooked by the furore around VVD and leaks to local press the summer before he actually signed and I’d imagine any ‘leaks’ to press, even local ones were stopped immediately. Sometimes a leak is simply a scoop for a local journo who has a good relationship with the club.
I don't think it's too much to do with the VVD situation and more of a financial one. The club don't want the press telling everybody that we're absolutely desperate for a CM now Wijnaldum's left - that will only drive prices up for us.

Back
Top Bottom