Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Man of Honour
Thats largely the nature of journalism these days. Quantity over quality and controversy over balanced reporting.

Its a numbers game and they know that articles like the above will generate clicks.
Sadly the case, which makes interesting articles all the more, well, interesting when you find them. Four Four Two have had some good stuff, and I'm tempted by some of the subject matter hawked by The Athletic but the pay wall puts me off.

The volume of clickbait headlines has got so large now that I actually have some sort of radar whereby I figure out what hoodwink they are trying to pull based on what details are and aren't in the headline.

Soldato
The Athletic is amazing. I had it for a year at £1 p/m. They where going to put it up to £7 so i went to cancel and got offered it for £1.50 p/m in a 1 off payment.

It's well worth it if you can get under promo.

Soldato
Sadly the case, which makes interesting articles all the more, well, interesting when you find them. Four Four Two have had some good stuff, and I'm tempted by some of the subject matter hawked by The Athletic but the pay wall puts me off.

The volume of clickbait headlines has got so large now that I actually have some sort of radar whereby I figure out what hoodwink they are trying to pull based on what details are and aren't in the headline.

If you're not a fan of quantity then you might want to reconsider the Athletic. Plenty of articles written far too lengthy than they need to be.

Don
The Athletic was great when it first came out. They made a point of not being like 99% of other outlets, just churning out bs clickbait however it didn't last. I still subscribe because there's a handful of journalists whose articles I enjoy reading (and because I've got a discounted sub) but overall it's no different than any news outlet now.

Man of Honour
If you're not a fan of quantity then you might want to reconsider the Athletic. Plenty of articles written far too lengthy than they need to be.
I like lengthy articles, long interviews with old players etc. Simple news items don't need to be lengthy but things that aren't strictly new related, more based around analysis, I prefer them to be longer.

Soldato
Durham just says things to be controversial, that's his stance on pretty much everything. You have to take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

exactly this, otherwise his drive time show would not attract an audience. He just says controversial guff toget the nutters to phone in. It's basically why they did that daily arsenal guff for so long, because it always got a rise out of the arsenal fans

Soldato
exactly this, otherwise his drive time show would not attract an audience. He just says controversial guff toget the nutters to phone in. It's basically why they did that daily arsenal guff for so long, because it always got a rise out of the arsenal fans

Thats talksport in general. They had Goldstein host a show where he said that Salah was a "meh" player.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1428408746699599886

The state of this argument against him is laughable...he doesn't even have one.

Back
Top Bottom