• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Completed an order for an FE at MSRP just @ 14:35 so there might be hope still.

I mean... it might get cancelled and refunded but I guess we'll see :D

Associate
Another mad rush to nothing, laughable nvidia and aib's!!! you really haven't learnt a thing have you, you all need a good kick in the goolies, if it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny, Jensen et al gets another pay rise while all gamers sit on their thumbs again! over the last 8 months these corporations have shown us all how not to roll out a new sku, treated with utter contempt, that's how much they care for their customers. makes me spit! rant done.:eek:

Permabanned
Cheers for the reply have they mentioned if they might upgrade orders to the LHR or is it just the 3080Ti been away at sea haven’t really read the chat :)
No real news from OCUK themselves but there has been mentions we could possibly have our orders cancelled due to the LHR version but nothing is concrete right now. The 3080Ti will just be a whole different story. Im sure Gibbo or Scotti will have something to tell us soon.

Associate
well, i managed to get one of the 3080Ti FE after 20 minutes of F5. As soon as it arrives I will cancel this one that I ordered back in September and I am still 480 in the queue....

Associate
Time was when companies actually produced enough units to service everyone, before they released them, but now they are in such a hurry to line their pockets that they rush out their products before there is nearly enough units in place, it'll happen again and again till they do things right, I do not except the argument that this is down to miners or "unprecedented demand" just make enough first, blithering idiots, sorry had to have another go:p

Associate
Time was when companies actually produced enough units to service everyone, before they released them, but now they are in such a hurry to line their pockets that they rush out their products before there is nearly enough units in place, it'll happen again and again till they do things right, I do not except the argument that this is down to miners or "unprecedented demand" just make enough first, blithering idiots, sorry had to have another go:p
unprecedented demand is relative :D

Associate
I just managed to purchase an RTX 3090 FE, which I am happy about often waiting nearly 9 months. But would swap it in a heartbeat for an ASUS RTX 3080 ti OC. ROG Nerd, sad but true. Also I don't think the FE will fit in my case.

Soldato
Nvidia might not be selling FE direct to miners (not proven either way) but Nvidia have CMP variants which they actively push to miners. CMP cards, which they get their AIBs to build for them using parts which could go towards cards for end users so, no matter how much people might want to twist the truth to support their own opinions. Neither side is blameless in this.

Nvidia were never blameless anyway, even if there was no CMP cards, if they wanted to they could enforce AIBs only supply whitelisted retailers that sell to gamers, they never did. My comment was just on the FE retail cards vs AIB non CMP retail cards.

Sorry if i gave an impression I think nvidia are a band of angels.

Back
Top Bottom