******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
3sbl0n.png
Thats some kindergarten level photoshop . well done congrats

Soldato
Have had a good bit of fun with Invictus so far. A few of us in the org hired a couple of the Hercs, plus a load of Tanks and other vehicles and spent a few hours just dicking around. Driving the vehicles between the Hercs at altitude, trying to scoop them up from the ground whilst they were driving etc. Great fun. Whilst some attempts were really janky, we were truly impressed by how well the game handled the Tank driving between 2 Hercs whilst hovering at altitude. No weird physics glitches, smooth animation of the suspension, really promising for the game.

Alongside that I've spent time flying a bunch of other ships, finally got the hang of using fixed weapons. Swapping to the VKB from a knackered old Saitek Cyborg has made aiming so much easier! So I might swap the SuperHornet I already have bought in-game to fixed weapons, but I'm also toying with buying a Sabre or Vanguard with a full fixed loadout. I like the firepower, shields and internal space of the Vanguard, but it's sluggish compared to other fighters and doesn't look half as cool as the Sabre :D

Soldato
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18167-Star-Citizen-Monthly-Report-May-2021

Some interesting titbits in the monthly report
  • Work wrapped up on the Super pCache for the next release, while new services such as the AI info and NPC creation services were iterated on. The stability of systemic services was also improved for Invictus, allowing the team to handle player concurrency without taxing the services.
  • progress was made on server meshing, with emphasis on a new hybrid service that will accommodate the feature’s needs.
  • Pyro pretty much there and Nyx focus for planetary team
  • Work on jump point space scaping as moved to specifics with gas cloud setup for said locations
  • Hospitals for medical gameplay is finished up for New Babbage and now working on other landing zones ready for medical gameplay updates in following patches
  • Final art for NPC/Player outposts set 1 and are working on high level design for set 2 at moment
But yeah, also roadmap updated with a number of things moved to committed
  • Power Management v2
  • Canvas Sliced Ship HUDs
  • Law System v2: Surrender
  • Radar, Scanning, and Ping
  • Missile Operator Mode
  • Missiles – Guidance & Control Rework

Soldato
Had some good fun trying out a bunch of ships and already have a shopping list for whenever this finally goes live.

One thing that really bugs me is the ridiculously short range on missiles, often half that of my guns. It really ought to be the other way around.

Soldato
Had some good fun trying out a bunch of ships and already have a shopping list for whenever this finally goes live.

One thing that really bugs me is the ridiculously short range on missiles, often half that of my guns. It really ought to be the other way around.

I am not sure all Missiles have such short range. At least the ones I have fired (sorry no idea what they at hand) have almost double the range of the main guns. This though does depend on missile size and gun size so an S4 missile should have about twice range of the a S4 gun. But if you are only firing S2/S3 the range may be shorter for lock-on. This is possibly all going to change with 3.14.

Glad to hear you've had some good fun though. I popped on for a few hours last week just to check out the Jav and Bengal and see how performance was and all seemed fair enough. Am waiting on more to be added tbh for myself such as new systems.

Soldato
This though does depend on missile size and gun size so an S4 missile should have about twice range of the a S4 gun. But if you are only firing S2/S3 the range may be shorter for lock-on.
Yeah, nothing I flew had bigger than S3, and they were all locked for editing so couldn't be upgraded.
But regardless, the basic science behind space missiles (even ones with minimal guidance) and the 'infinite acceleration' suggest that you should be able to lock and fire on anything you can pick up on scanners, with a reasonable chance of it striking the target.
If nothing else, you ought to be quoting Top Gun - "He's too close for missiles. I'm switching to guns".

Am waiting on more to be added tbh for myself such as new systems.
It's gotten a lot better in recent times, though still very glitchy.
I'm considering spending aUEC on one or two extra ships in-game, but I'll probably lose them in a system reset or something and I doubt they come with any kind of insurance.

Soldato
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18167-Star-Citizen-Monthly-Report-May-2021

Some interesting titbits in the monthly report
  • Work wrapped up on the Super pCache for the next release, while new services such as the AI info and NPC creation services were iterated on. The stability of systemic services was also improved for Invictus, allowing the team to handle player concurrency without taxing the services.
  • progress was made on server meshing, with emphasis on a new hybrid service that will accommodate the feature’s needs.
  • Pyro pretty much there and Nyx focus for planetary team
  • Work on jump point space scaping as moved to specifics with gas cloud setup for said locations
  • Hospitals for medical gameplay is finished up for New Babbage and now working on other landing zones ready for medical gameplay updates in following patches
  • Final art for NPC/Player outposts set 1 and are working on high level design for set 2 at moment
But yeah, also roadmap updated with a number of things moved to committed
  • Power Management v2
  • Canvas Sliced Ship HUDs
  • Law System v2: Surrender
  • Radar, Scanning, and Ping
  • Missile Operator Mode
  • Missiles – Guidance & Control Rework
Couple of replies to the items above:

• pCache is the existing legecy tech that is not scalable and is supposed to be replaced with icache. i have no idea why they wasted resources fixing pCache?
  • Server meshing along with Pyro is scheduled to be complete by March 2022 :)
Some things to add:

• GEN12 aka vulkan is nearly done. they converted some of teh rendere to gen12 now and the remaining work is scheduled to be done by 3.15 patch(basically gen12 scheduled until september 2021)
  • New Quantaum travel mechanics going to start to be developed to make it more physicalised and better effects and performance. This is quite a large task

Soldato
Is it released yet? Can I play the game I paid for yet?
All this money-making and 'pledging' stuff... that is the game, and Chris Roberts is your DM. This whole idea of a BDSSE is just the marketing fluff they used to draw you in... like when they tell you all the wonderful things you *might* get to do if you join the Royal Navy.

Soldato
All this money-making and 'pledging' stuff... that is the game, and Chris Roberts is your DM. This whole idea of a BDSSE is just the marketing fluff they used to draw you in... like when they tell you all the wonderful things you *might* get to do if you join the Royal Navy.
tbh, some of the fluff they market 3-4 years ago is now in game lol.

I think its been said to death here but im simple terms, the last 5-6 years have mostly been working on the core tech side of things and the design and dev tools.

The icach, persistence streaming and server meshing are the last couple needed for them to really push on and start adding stuff on this game

Soldato
Couple of replies to the items above:

• pCache is the existing legecy tech that is not scalable and is supposed to be replaced with icache. i have no idea why they wasted resources fixing pCache?
  • Server meshing along with Pyro is scheduled to be complete by March 2022 :)
Some things to add:

• GEN12 aka vulkan is nearly done. they converted some of teh rendere to gen12 now and the remaining work is scheduled to be done by 3.15 patch(basically gen12 scheduled until september 2021)
  • New Quantaum travel mechanics going to start to be developed to make it more physicalised and better effects and performance. This is quite a large task

• From what was stated/shown at some point, the code utilising the the pCache still has key elements for iCache so they will be pulling stuff from there. Also might be needed to get enough persistent elements in make things work till it is fully moved to the iCache replacement since they generally move services in sections rather than one large lump so that is likely why to keep the project moving.
  • Indeed it goes into 2022, but the planet side is what the point was, not like missions or hero landing locations within Pyro. We are talking about planet generation/biomes.
  • Indeed Gen12 does appear to be getting there. Shall see if hits for 3.15, I expect things will be pushed to 3.16 and I am pretty sure they will be moving things in elements and some just isn't scheduled as they have removed things for it off the schedule without putting it back to date.
  • Ignored the QT side of things as there just doesn't appear to be enough info to comment or know what their plan or this really covers tbh is all.

Back
Top Bottom