• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
At least I just managed to get on the auto-notify from EVGA website, complete **** show, worst server ever. 1200 euros for a hybrid card, wonder if I will see it anytime soon.

Associate
Another mad rush to nothing, laughable nvidia and aib's!!! you really haven't learnt a thing have you, you all need a good kick in the goolies, if it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny, Jensen et al gets another pay rise while all gamers sit on their thumbs again! over the last 8 months these corporations have shown us all how not to roll out a new sku, treated with utter contempt, that's how much they care for their customers. makes me spit! rant done.:eek:

Well said young man!

Associate
VRAM isn't all that important, most games won't care if you have 24GB, the 3080 Ti is basically a 3090 with half the vram and costs less, well if you get it for MSRP it is.
I suppose, but if it was a 3090 strix I would definitely take it. I myself am an asus rog fan boy, I’ve got an asus rog monitor and keyboard, but I still would take a 3090. £1049 or however much it is isn’t that great value for the 3080 Ti IMO. I would just get a 3080 or splash out on a 3090. 3080 Ti is kinda poorly placed in between, should be less than £1000 IMO

Associate
VRAM isn't all that important, most games won't care if you have 24GB, the 3080 Ti is basically a 3090 with half the vram and costs less, well if you get it for MSRP it is.

the large VRAM pool was the only thing that gave the 3090 a place in the market as a prosumer card. the 10% performance boost over a 3080 is a terrible value proposition otherwise.

the baseline is the 3080 and it was a sub £700 card at launch. people are trying to do mental dances to get around the fact that they are being bent over the pinball table by the insane current market conditions.

Permabanned
the large VRAM pool was the only thing that gave the 3090 a place in the market as a prosumer card. the 10% performance boost over a 3080 is a terrible value proposition otherwise.

the baseline is the 3080 and it was a sub £700 card at launch. people are trying to do mental dances to get around the fact that they are being bent over the pinball table by the insane current market conditions.
Yup the 3090 has been made somewhat useless now to gamers unless you wanna try play at 8k which even still doesn't run well on a 3090 anyways. If there was such a card shortage right now people might not be that upset over the price of the Ti

Associate
Yup the 3090 has been made somewhat useless now to gamers unless you wanna try play at 8k which even still doesn't run well on a 3090 anyways. If there was such a card shortage right now people might not be that upset over the price of the Ti
I swore from launch up until the day I purchased it (last week) I would never buy a 3090 because it was so much money, but my PC build has been on hold for 9 months or so because I wanted to build my system all in one go. So when I saw the 3090 FE drop last week I broke and picked one up. Still not good value in absolute terms, but compared to the rest of the market it's a steal.

Permabanned
I swore from launch up until the day I purchased it (last week) I would never buy a 3090 because it was so much money, but my PC build has been on hold for 9 months or so because I wanted to build my system all in one go. So when I saw the 3090 FE drop last week I broke and picked one up. Still not good value in absolute terms, but compared to the rest of the market it's a steal.
Ya thats fair. At this point ill take any card if I can even find one, just hoping my current 3080 order doesn't get cancelled went from the high 900s to high 200s in the queue

Associate
No real news from OCUK themselves but there has been mentions we could possibly have our orders cancelled due to the LHR version but nothing is concrete right now. The 3080Ti will just be a whole different story. Im sure Gibbo or Scotti will have something to tell us soon.

Hopefully they put it on the staff only thread, so I don't get pointedly quoted at for not seeing a post in this sea of semi spam :')

I'm trying to be optimistic, hoping there's still some non lhr floating around or being produced.. going to be ****** if my pre order gets cancelled... waited all this time and parted with so much money....

Ya thats fair. At this point ill take any card if I can even find one, just hoping my current 3080 order doesn't get cancelled went from the high 900s to high 200s in the queue

170 - 20... 20... </3

Permabanned
Hopefully they put it on the staff only thread, so I don't get pointedly quoted at for not seeing a post in this sea of semi spam :')

I'm trying to be optimistic, hoping there's still some non lhr floating around or being produced.. going to be ****** if my pre order gets cancelled... waited all this time and parted with so much money....

170 - 20... 20... </3
Ya if our orders end up being cancelled I hope we get some kind of priority or something with the new cards or else Im royaly screwed as getting pc parts in Ireland is practically impossible.

Associate
May I suggest a raffle for such a small quantity of cards?

"Alee — Today at 12:55 PM
We will not be taking orders for these as individual components at launch due to supply. Sorry for any disappointment. Please keep checking our website and forums for updates." on the discord

well, i managed to get one of the 3080Ti FE after 20 minutes of F5. As soon as it arrives I will cancel this one that I ordered back in September and I am still 480 in the queue....

damn i guess i gave up a few minutes too soon.. still.. aweful situation when every page is 404ing

Back
Top Bottom