• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Ooh 30 Eagles shipped in the last 3 months. I'm number 24 in the queue. Do I start getting excited again yet?
Honestly, I wouldn't. Sorry to say, but all noises coming from GB was that there's no more on the horizon. That production run isn't an indication of a change of policy. They'll still, no doubt, continue to concentrate on higher priced units.

Associate
Honestly, I wouldn't. Sorry to say, but all noises coming from GB was that there's no more on the horizon. That production run isn't an indication of a change of policy. They'll still, no doubt, continue to concentrate on higher priced units.
I'm guessing that's going to be the same with all the other brands too?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I'm guessing that's going to be the same with all the other brands too?
Simply guessing, I'd say so.

If we use the Strix non-OC as an example, it costs Asus the same price to make it and unless the GPUs won't hit the reported boost clocks for the OC, why wouldn't they sell them all as OC?
Since most 3080 GPUs will top 1900Mhz easily...there's no real pressure on them to provide non-OC

Associate
Oof, 24 regular TUF in 3 months...
Still kicking myself I spent an extra ten minutes debating whether to go through my order all that time ago! 26th on last update at least, maybe I'll be within the amount of the next drop.

Absolutely no sign of any more currently, I take it?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Oof, 24 regular TUF in 3 months...
Still kicking myself I spent an extra ten minutes debating whether to go through my order all that time ago! 26th on last update at least, maybe I'll be within the amount of the next drop.

Absolutely no sign of any more currently, I take it?
no sign of any Asus 3080 at all

Associate
Not exactly easy to buy a 6700xt when you need a nvidia card cause of a Gsync monitor. For me to buy a 6700xt which I can do would require me to purchase a new monitor

Soldato
it WASN'T an £800 card but when cost prices are being driven north of £600 what are we, as resellers, supposed to do? :(:confused:

the £800 card that you refer to...here are the latest cost prices for an Asrock card that we're selling at exactly that price.
3EkGhZM.jpg
It's still a rip off in terms of the performance you're getting for the price albeit not your fault or much you can do about it though.

Not exactly easy to buy a 6700xt when you need a nvidia card cause of a Gsync monitor. For me to buy a 6700xt which I can do would require me to purchase a new monitor

That's the downside of buying a product that locks you in to a certain brand.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't pay the extortionate prices they're trying to charge you for them mate, it's not an 800 quid card

It's worth what people are prepared to pay for it and the prices reflect that. It's not just the cost of the card. Factor in length of wait, sitting for months with a new machine running an old GPU, how keen you are to play games on higher setting, How long are you prepared to go on waiting for something which may never come before thinking stuff it, I'll compromise and try something else that is available.

All that's harder to put a price on, but it has a price.

As the old saying goes, a not-quite-as-good-as-a-RTX3080 gpu in your tower, is worth two listed on a website with no Buy Now button.

Associate
it WASN'T an £800 card but when cost prices are being driven north of £600 what are we, as resellers, supposed to do? :(:confused:

the £800 card that you refer to...here are the latest cost prices for an Asrock card that we're selling at exactly that price.
3EkGhZM.jpg
You're right it isn't, but OC are selling it for 750ish maybe 740 to 799, didn't the card launch at 499 or 599? It isn't even a 640 card, it's one of the few cards on OC and it's not worth anywhere near the price it's listed for, you can say that for every card but the fact that there are a fair amount of cards and barely any selling can tell you people know they ain't worth that amount

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
You're right it isn't, but OC are selling it for 750ish maybe 740 to 799, didn't the card launch at 499 or 599? It isn't even a 640 card, it's one of the few cards on OC and it's not worth anywhere near the price it's listed for, you can say that for every card but the fact that there are a fair amount of cards and barely any selling can tell you people know they ain't worth that amount

I return you to my original question. That's our cost, you do the maths and don't forget VAT...factor in 3% transaction fee whist you are at it (before we get to staff, electricity, business rates, rent), at £799.99 inc VAT are we ripping you off? no? didn't think so, yet we get targeted with the hate, not AMD, not Asrock.

Is this cost price due to Asrock's poor manufacturing efficiency? higher component costs? higher shipping costs? greed on their part? or all of the above? Frankly speaking, I don't know, but as a reseller in a market where we can't afford to turn away stock because having nothing to sell is the worst possible situation, I ask again, what are we supposed to do?

Associate

Similar scenario here: if I needed to 'just power games' I would have hunted an AMD card by now...but I'd lose an actually good hardware encoder (because NVENC just wipes the floor with AMF), GPU-handled AI noise cancellation, studio drivers for improved video editing on consumer-grade GPUs and just so much stuff that nvidia actually works with in the rest of my use-case scenario.

Associate
I return you to my original question. That's our cost, you do the maths and don't forget VAT...factor in 3% transaction fee whist you are at it (before we get to staff, electricity, business rates, rent), at £799.99 inc VAT are we ripping you off? no? didn't think so, yet we get targeted with the hate, not AMD, not Asrock.

Is this cost price due to Asrock's poor manufacturing efficiency? higher component costs? higher shipping costs? greed on their part? or all of the above? Frankly speaking, I don't know, but as a reseller in a market where we can't afford to turn away stock because having nothing to sell is the worst possible situation, I ask again, what are we supposed to do?
I keep hearing this here but competitors sites do not price as high as OC, I can't be certain but when the 3070ti launched every site I looked at other than OC had most cards at MSRP, I came over here and suddenly 1350 or around there, is OC getting some Tax that everyone else isn't? Umm

Back
Top Bottom