• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Not exactly easy to buy a 6700xt when you need a nvidia card cause of a Gsync monitor. For me to buy a 6700xt which I can do would require me to purchase a new monitor
there are 3060's on the market if u are interested in that. luckily my monitor is g sync compatible so it supports both amd and nvidia cards. works well with my 3080

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
when the 3070ti launched
eh? that hasn't launched yet. If you are talking about 3080Ti I spoke about this earlier

I'm not going to defend the reseller who triggered TTL's response to the Ti launch. As I said at the time, the prices were bonkers and I didn't believe that they'd put them up for sale at those costs. TBH I still don't know if they did...did they actually sell any stock? :confused:

What I can tell you that there were a number of 3080Ti's with SRP's for launch north of £1600 (originally north of £1700) and we couldn't get near to the Founders Edition MSRP on ANY card without a rebate from the manufacturers. In other words, every card we buy costs us more than Nvidia's MSRP and we can't do anything about that. :(

The fact that some manufacturers turned around to us and offered to support the price at MSRP for ten, twenty units at most is a joke. 3080 was the last time we tried that and rather than selling a handful of cards at MSRP, once the dust had settled, it was thousands...and they sure as hell weren't going to help us out with that. I repeat what I always say, Nvidia's MSRPs are fictional! Not achievable via AIB's cards.

Associate
What are the chances of the Inno3d 3080 x4 coming in? I was 12th in the queue in the last update.

Only 35 being sent in is a real issue, so I think I've answered my own question. I just kinda hope good news in on the horizon.

I'm having to use an rx560 just now because my 1080 died. So many games I wanna play but can't with that mince card. Had to switch my ark server off as my Dino's where dying because I could not feed them with 10fps, lol RIP

Associate
eh? that hasn't launched yet. If you are talking about 3080Ti I spoke about this earlier

The fact that some manufacturers turned around to us and offered to support the price at MSRP for ten, twenty units at most is a joke. 3080 was the last time we tried that and rather than selling a handful of cards at MSRP, once the dust had settled, it was thousands...and they sure as hell weren't going to help us out with that. I repeat what I always say, Nvidia's MSRPs are fictional! Not achievable via AIB's cards.
I meant 3080ti, but it doesn't matter the card, it can be any card, like for instance one website that is similar to yours, if they get cards in they tend to be MSRP or very close, why does OC get this marked up price to other retailers, I don't think Im speaking for just me, I think it's honestly put people off buying on here again, my mates who was sick of waiting bought a prebuilt and said they'd never buy off OC again and I'm sure a lot on here would agree, you've now basically told most of the people on here well sorry you've waited months but no you can't get a card, no solution, no we can hold off the 3070ti and any stock that comes in to give people opens to move over to that, you'll probs say it's too much work but buy taking the pre order system, you took that work on, it such a bad model to let people wait for month holding their money, really it should be taken when posted, i understand you've upgraded cards but for the people still waiting it's just a well you ain't getting it and having a go at anyone who says can we convert to another card like the 3070ti, people need to be more critical instead of being like ohh wow OC have done such an amazing job, come on guys wake up

Soldato
I meant 3080ti, but it doesn't matter the card, it can be any card, like for instance one website that is similar to yours, if they get cards in they tend to be MSRP or very close, why does OC get this marked up price to other retailers, I don't think Im speaking for just me, I think it's honestly put people off buying on here again, my mates who was sick of waiting bought a prebuilt and said they'd never buy off OC again and I'm sure a lot on here would agree, you've now basically told most of the people on here well sorry you've waited months but no you can't get a card, no solution, no we can hold off the 3070ti and any stock that comes in to give people opens to move over to that, you'll probs say it's too much work but buy taking the pre order system, you took that work on, it such a bad model to let people wait for month holding their money, really it should be taken when posted, i understand you've upgraded cards but for the people still waiting it's just a well you ain't getting it and having a go at anyone who says can we convert to another card like the 3070ti, people need to be more critical instead of being like ohh wow OC have done such an amazing job, come on guys wake up
Tbf there is no point in complaining and if another site is selling the cards cheaper then just buy one from there.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I meant 3080ti, but it doesn't matter the card, it can be any card, like for instance one website that is similar to yours, if they get cards in they tend to be MSRP or very close, why does OC get this marked up price to other retailers, I don't think Im speaking for just me, I think it's honestly put people off buying on here again, my mates who was sick of waiting bought a prebuilt and said they'd never buy off OC again...
I don't think you actually read a word that I say, I gave you the explanation, but you ignored it. You seem to hate us now so why not just leave? I'm going to give up trying to give you proof that we're not heartless monsters and it seems pointless for you to make use of the services that we offer when you just use them to bash us.

Associate
I don't think you actually read a word that I say, I gave you the explanation, but you ignored it. You seem to hate us now so just leave, I'm going to give up trying to give you proof that we're not heartless monsters and it seems pointless for you to make use of the services that we offer when you just use them to bash us.
It seems you can only say good things about oc on here, I think people can complain when their in the queue and being told to just cancel, trust me, other than the couple of sheep on here just being nice to hopfully get their card, everyone else is thinking W*F, waiting months and this is the customer service we get, it's shocking

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
It seems you can only say good things about oc on here, I think people can complain when their in the queue and being told to just cancel, trust me, other than the couple of sheep on here just being nice to hopfully get their card, everyone else is thinking W*F, waiting months and this is the customer service we get, it's shocking
I have no problem with people venting frustration & asking questions. What I have a problem with is somebody who never has a positive thing to say and refuses to accept evidence right in front of their eyes. Nobody in the supply chain is free from blame for the current clusterf*** but there's only so much that we as a company can do to work through it so I don't expect to be the sole focus of the anger. Hindsight is a wonderful tool for opinionated tools.

If we were the heartless monsters that you accuse us of being we would have cancelled all pre-orders in August when it became clear that we were going to lose money on every one, but we didn't, we continued to ship the cards and upgrade people, even losing hundreds of pounds per customer. Yes, some of the cards that we sell now have an inflated price which allows us to fund these losses (we've not hidden that, Gibbo has repeated this ad nauseum), we're a company after all, we have to balance the books.

Permabanned
Of course he is going to say good things about OC, he bloody works there :cry:

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Of course he is going to say good things about OC, he bloody works there :cry:
I think he means that we shut down anybody who has anything negative to say about us.
You've been here long enough, and through the worst of it, to know that's just not true. If someone has a genuine gripe then we can't really so anything but hold our hands up to it.

This guy almost feels like a competitor's shill tbh. Everything is worst case, twisting words, OcUK are evil and everyone else is better...

Associate
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this as I've not participated in the forums before but:

- How are people joining the waitlist for graphics cards? When I visit the page of any RTX 3080 TI, I see "coming soon" but no mention of a waitlist.
- When are the RTX 3080 TIs likely to be added to the custom build options? (even if only to be pre-ordered - I don't mind waiting but I'd like to put my order in)

Again, apologies if I'm making some faux pas here, I know that's often very easy to achieve on forums.

Permabanned
I think he means that we shut down anybody who has anything negative to say about us.
You've been here long enough, and through the worst of it, to know that's just not true. If someone has a genuine gripe then we can't really so anything but hold our hands up to it.
Ya theres been plenty of complaints come through but they don't get shutdown, atleast you guys respond to the majority of them time unless its super toxic comments just out right abusing staff

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this as I've not participated in the forums before but:

- How are people joining the waitlist for graphics cards? When I visit the page of any RTX 3080 TI, I see "coming soon" but no mention of a waitlist.
- When are the RTX 3080 TIs likely to be added to the custom build options? (even if only to be pre-ordered - I don't mind waiting but I'd like to put my order in)

Again, apologies if I'm making some faux pas here, I know that's often very easy to achieve on forums.
They're not, sorry. We currently have thousands of customers waiting for cards so we've shut down all ways to join those waiting lists.

There's a handful of 3080Ti options on a handful of builds but since we've, so far, only been given a handful of cards for our system integration business, we've not opened them up to the full custom builds yet.

Associate
Not too bad, I took it slowly and it was a couple of hours last night, and mem temps are >10C lower at a higher load than originally tested. Peaking at 90C at the moment, was hitting 100C easy yesterday morning.

I got the iFixit Mako (from rainforest) set which has everything but the spudger in it so you'll need a thin plastic object (toothpick or something?) to pry off the X piece. I actually used some gaffer tape to pull it over, then lever up with tweezers. Tape is useful later to secure the cables too.
The hardest part was some $%@ at the factory had mixed up the tiny screw head covers and one was totally jammed in as the wrong shape. Had to use a scalpel blade to slowly lever that out, some very fine scratching on the edge but can't be seen at arms length. Alcohol & better thermal paste are the only other items to get.

I got the same pads as in the guide, but if you can find higher conductivity ones, you might see bigger temp drops. I suspect much further will require active cooling of the upper surface of the GPU as that's just passive cooling of the backplate.

One thing I think the video skipped was the ribbon cable connectors have a flip up fastner (the black bit on the mounting). Says it when putting back together but maybe I missed that in the teardown part. And the rubber grommets will fall out somewhere, so put to one side immediately. :rolleyes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/mmzri2/3090_fe_thermal_pad_mod_cutting_template/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3260LR2JzQ

Use a knife to cut the pads, scalpel is best.
Cheers for the info. I'll be building it in the next couple of days so will test it out and see what the temps are like. Doesn't help it suddenly turned warm!

Associate
Hey, I just read this line from a post on page 1970:
3080: Asus Strix OC 585x back orders, 269 shipped (50+ queue position should consider cancelling)

I ordered it on September last year and I was at position 163 on the 21th of last month: Does that mean I am not getting my card?
I hope I misunderstood the post, I upgraded the rest of my pc literally two days ago given how close it was.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Hey, I just read this line from a post on page 1970:
3080: Asus Strix OC 585x back orders, 269 shipped (50+ queue position should consider cancelling)

I ordered it on September last year and I was at position 163 on the 21th of last month: Does that mean I am not getting my card?
I hope I misunderstood the post, I upgraded the rest of my pc literally two days ago given how close it was.
I'm really sorry but there's no guarantees, if there was then we'd probably be cancelling the order for you. The simple fact is that supply of that specific model appears to be slowing down, the Ti launch is likely to worsen that since they use most of the same components and Asus will probably prioritise the card with the highest profit margin, as they've already demonstrated. Plus, the promised LHR launch is likely to worsen it further since Nvidia wants these sold as different cards to prevent confusion. So, we aren't be confident that we could get you the card before the new year, and that's assuming that the manufacturer doesn't discontinue that model before that happens.

We simply don't know because Asus simply don't know. Nvidia don't appear to be giving out much information to anybody.

Back
Top Bottom