• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
That is the advice given if your position is > than specified, you can always hang in there but the likelihood is looking bleak, miracles may happen, but Ocuk/retailers just not getting any cards:rolleyes: beginning to wonder :(

Associate
We simply don't know because Asus simply don't know. Nvidia don't appear to be giving out much information to anybody.

This is the part about the LHR rollout that's killing me, the uncertainty; we're confused, but so are retailers, because Asus has to be left in the dark by nvidia. Just hoping for some clarity in the next couple months. Collective fingers crossed!

Associate
This is the part about the LHR rollout that's killing me, the uncertainty; we're confused, but so are retailers, because Asus has to be left in the dark by nvidia. Just hoping for some clarity in the next couple months. Collective fingers crossed!
Hoping for some clarity sooner than a couple of months! been nine months now:eek:

Associate
"all should consider cancelling" aye, right-o, and do what exactly? Pay 40% over msrp cos you lot got massively outdone by your competitors for stock? ok then.....

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
"all should consider cancelling" aye, right-o, and do what exactly? Pay 40% over msrp cos you lot got massively outdone by your competitors for stock? ok then.....
We haven't been out done, Gibbo's given you the numbers, I'm confident that very few have gotten that many cards, BUT it's fair to say that we ended up with bigger queues than pretty much every body else (in the UK - there are far worse globally) because we couldn't shut down the sales on the lines with the biggest problems until the following day (previously explained in detail how our website essentially locked us out till the early hours of the following morning). Lesson's learnt, we've not opened ourselves up to that potential issue since and we're investing heavily on new systems, new website and, in the next few weeks, new hosts.

However, Gibbo's just giving a recommendation because it's becoming increasingly likely, since supply appears to be worsening rather than improving, that we'll never be able to fulfill the orders in these queues. We feel that it's best to be honest even if some people don't like what we have to say.

Associate
Nice way to win friends & influence people! I feel your pain believe me. I've been waiting since end of september but no amount of screaming & shouting at OCUK staff will get us any nearer to getting our GPU's. @Gibbo & @ScottiB have given us info as & when they get it good or bad they have been upfront & honest. They're fighting their own battles with distributers etc attempting to service all the back orders, updating people when it's prudent to do so. I'm in no position to cancel. I'm 116 for the Strix 3080 Non OC & so I'm prepared to wait it out. I appreciate the advice to cancel but choose to stick with it. If OCUK end up canceling my order so be it. Yes I'll be disapointed but will carry on using my trusty 1080ti & see what happens in the future when all this has sorted its self out.

Associate
Three questions for OCUK staff regarding LHR variants.

1) Will the LHR launch improve stock ?

2) Do you know when the LHR launch is?

3) Will our pre-orders be fulfilled with LHR cards so the backlogs are cleared?

Soldato
People who have elite status at EVGA should have joined the 3080 Ti queue. They have started shipping cards which I thought would never happen, I am in a good queue position currently and think this was pretty much the only chance of getting a card.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Three questions for OCUK staff regarding LHR variants.

1) Will the LHR launch improve stock ?

2) Do you know when the LHR launch is?

3) Will our pre-orders be fulfilled with LHR cards so the backlogs are cleared?
1) don't know sorry
2) don't know sorry
3) don't know sorry - incredibly unlikely that we'll consider automatically moving customers from one part code to another due to the massive manual undertaking that this will involve, plus there's the risk that some customers won't want LHR and we are breaching consumer rights by shipping something which could (in some circles) be considered a downgrade.

Associate
1) don't know sorry
2) don't know sorry
3) don't know sorry - incredibly unlikely that we'll consider automatically moving customers from one part code to another due to the massive manual undertaking that this will involve, plus there's the risk that some customers won't want LHR and we are breaching consumer rights by shipping something which could (in some circles) be considered a downgrade.

Can those who are high up in the ques like myself be given the option of having a LHR variant when stock comes in? This will help clear backlogs.

Associate
Nice way to win friends & influence people! I feel your pain believe me. I've been waiting since end of september but no amount of screaming & shouting at OCUK staff will get us any nearer to getting our GPU's. @Gibbo & @ScottiB have given us info as & when they get it good or bad they have been upfront & honest. They're fighting their own battles with distributers etc attempting to service all the back orders, updating people when it's prudent to do so. I'm in no position to cancel. I'm 116 for the Strix 3080 Non OC & so I'm prepared to wait it out. I appreciate the advice to cancel but choose to stick with it. If OCUK end up canceling my order so be it. Yes I'll be disapointed but will carry on using my trusty 1080ti & see what happens in the future when all this has sorted its self out.
Well said, same here, its no good throwing accusations and contempt around, we all know who is really at fault here and it's not OCUK, Shame all the complaints aren't going back to Nvidia that's who I hold responsible, not heard one sniff of an apology or acceptance that they caused most of this mess and still are doing, they have a strangle grip over all and are actively controlling the market and will continue to do so till they have some serious competition, then they will want/pander to their customers, but hopefully most of us will turn the other cheek and give them a taste of their own medicine.:eek:

Associate
OVERALL BACK ORDER UPDATE:
MSi Ventus 3X OC 429x back orders, 163 shipped (all should consider cancelling)

To think if someone in my house didn't put down the phone when my bank was trying to verify my purchase, I would have had my 3080 7 - 8 months ago whilst saving a potential £600 - £800. (I'm likely going to have to look at an RTX 3080 Ti if push comes to shove). Why in the F* they rung my landline I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom