Transgender MTF picked for Olympics weightlifting

Permabanned
it's not sex and gender identity though that's where it all gets confused...people change the meaning of words etc...
They aren't talking about actual gender 99% of the time, it's sexual preference, it's just the younger university crowd making their own stuff up without reading the already predefined definitions...

Soldato
What are you asking here? What needs to be explained?

A simple question as to why the IOC have decided to allow transgender people to compete (relevant rules applying)?

I don't think it's a gotcha question, they have their reason, was wondering what you thought those reasons were?

Soldato
Was in response to "Just because the IOC say they are women, doesn't make it so" as a certain someone thinks because they say something it is so.

Not sure what you are finding hard to grasp. No one has said that the IOC said they are women but that the IOC have decided that transgender women are allowed to compete as long as they meet the rules and guidelines.

It's the competitor that is making the claim of being a women and the IOC makes sure they meet the criteria they have set.

Soldato
So you know that for a fact and have evidence to show the IOC that she has broken the rules?
It's a man, with high testosterone, and XY chromosomes. Now they are defining themselves as a woman, and taking testosterone blockers in order to comply with the crazy rules.

I never said the rules have been broken, and I'm not aware of anyone haven really said that in this thread, what almost everyone is saying is that the rules are crazy. The rules are: call yourself a woman for 4 years, and take blockers for a year and you're in.

Caporegime
A simple question as to why the IOC have decided to allow transgender people to compete (relevant rules applying)?

I don't think it's a gotcha question, they have their reason, was wondering what you thought those reasons were?

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to help you with there - I'm not the IOC nor am I a mind reader.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sick, twisted world we are living in.

I cannot see how this is right. In fact I find it completely unbelievable that such a thing would be entertained.

tiXKPks.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-57549653

Perhaps I'm just a dinosaur, but their benchmark appears to be the level of testosterone, ignoring the inherent extra muscle mass coming from being a dude. I feel very sorry for the actual females competing against her (assuming there are any).

Apologies if already posted.

Soldato
I try and be as trans supporting as possible but I cannot support by trans females competing in sport after years of having male testosterone levels in their body. Be like a female jumping on gear for 10 years, coming off, and then claiming she’s now a drug free athlete. The long term benefits of steroid abuse post steroid abuse are evident and this is exactly like that.

Back
Top Bottom