• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I ordered my 3080 on the 12th October 2020 and I used amazon pay for the order. Would anyone know if I'm eligible for a refund or is it too late now?
Hi yes think you can cancel, just go to the home page (graphics cards) I think it's the fifth option down, updates on orders and how to cancel, alternatively send them a Web note and they will get back to you.:)

Soldato
Do u know if crucial is dual channel and if not does it matter?
Yes, won't find quad other than X299. I don't believe sticking two sets of dual ram into a mobo makes it quad too. Quad vs dual? From what I have seen, barely any difference on a select few games that give a ****.

There was big discounts on micron stuff on prime day.

Associate
Do you mean single rank or dual rank?

Filling the correct number of memory slots on the MB determines whether the memory runs in single, dual or quad channel.
Yeh single ranked or dual ranked. Just came in the post today, not sure whether to keep or not. Apparently dual is better than single ranked so I’m not sure if it’s dual or not

Soldato
First time in the forum in a few weeks. No cards in at all since the 10th?
And there was me getting excited cos there was 14, then another 10 Eagles, leaving me at 14.
There were a few rumours going about that AIB's were prioritising the 3080Ti over the vanilla 3080 and no 3080's were coming out the factories with the 3080 maybe have been made EOL'd with the 3070Ti taking it's position at around 17% cheaper and 20% slower. I'm not sure if that will pan out like that (there's enough of a gap in performance for both cards to co-exist) but I can it's not beyond the realm of possibility for Nvidia and it's partners to pull that sort of stunt

Last edited:
Associate
There were a few rumours going about that AIB's were prioritising the 3080Ti over the vanilla 3080 and no 3080's were coming out the factories with the 3080 maybe have been made EOL'd with the 3070Ti taking it's position. I'm not sure if that will pan out like that (there's enough of a gap in performance for both cards to co-exist) but I can it's not beyond the realm of possibility for Nvidia and it's partners to pull that sort of stunt
If that's true they are probably only making those cards at the moment because they know they'll sell at a higher MSRP, which is a slap in the face to gamers. The thing I can't wrap my head around is that factories are working at 100% capacity, however retailer stock is non existent.
I'd like to know where the stock is if we've been allocated any, I'd reluctantly consider buying a 3080 ti if I was given the chance.

Edit: I suppose it doesn't help I only want an Asus Strix GPU

Soldato
If that's true they are probably only making those cards at the moment because they know they'll sell at a higher MSRP, which is a slap in the face to gamers. The thing I can't wrap my head around is that factories are working at 100% capacity, however retailer stock is non existent.
I'd like to know where the stock is if we've been allocated any, I'd reluctantly consider buying a 3080 ti if I was given the chance.

Edit: I suppose it doesn't help I only want an Asus Strix GPU
The factories are going full pelt but there are other constraints that's holding up extra supply namely substrates being one of them (this has now been fixed) but supply is improving. Demand is cooling off a bit as gamers are slowly getting new cards in their hands so come August/September time you will have options but even then your still going to have to pay over and above MRSP to get one.

Is the 10GB VRAM enough for the RTX 3080 when playing at 4K 144hz?
Yes. Look at Hardware Unboxed reviews they test loads of games I've not seen the 3080 bottlenecked by it's 10Gb of VRAM but that's not to say that within a year that will be the same.

Associate
The factories are going full pelt but there are other constraints that's holding up extra supply namely substrates being one of them (this has now been fixed) but supply is improving. Demand is cooling off a bit as gamers are slowly getting new cards in their hands so come August/September time you will have options but even then your still going to have to pay over and above MRSP to get one.

Yes. Look at Hardware Unboxed reviews they test loads of games I've not seen the 3080 bottlenecked by it's 10Gb of VRAM but that's not to say that within a year that will be the same.
How many years will the 3080 keep doing 4K 144hz in games or 1440p 144hz

Associate
There were a few rumours going about that AIB's were prioritising the 3080Ti over the vanilla 3080 and no 3080's were coming out the factories with the 3080 maybe have been made EOL'd with the 3070Ti taking it's position at around 17% cheaper and 20% slower. I'm not sure if that will pan out like that (there's enough of a gap in performance for both cards to co-exist) but I can it's not beyond the realm of possibility for Nvidia and it's partners to pull that sort of stunt
The manufacturers are transitioning to the new 3080 LHR models. Lots have been announced

https://videocardz.com/newz/inno3d-launches-geforce-rtx-30-lhr-series

INNO3D outs RTX 3080, RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Ti, and new RTX 3060 with hash rate limiter

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3080-SUPRIM-X-10G-LHR

The thread definitely doesn't need dopey conspiracy theories.

Back
Top Bottom