Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Like the warning for the rear seatbelts that comes on every time !
Every marque has random annoying startup traits like this, but yes this is the absolute worst. No other car does this, its like having a fault warning which you cant fix :mad:

Soldato
Has anyone found a decent mount for a phone on W205? I have one on the vent but it moves with some enthusiastic cornering, hoping someone's found something sturdier.

Not sure if this helps but for my B Class I bought a Phone Mount that goes into the CD slot. I then chamferred a small bit out of the mount where the volume/power on dial is directly under and happy days.

Man of Honour
My Audi used to do this and now my new BMW. Hardly distracting though is it?

It's different on the Mercedes because it pops up as a popup window that the driver then needs to cancel if you want to read any of the dash information its obscuring*

*Yea ok it eventually goes away on its own but it's far more intrusive than the subtle indicator you get on the Audi or BMW dash.

I was driving a Merc with MBUX the other week and it still does it!!

Soldato
Managed to get out for a short drive yesterday. I had booked it in for a remap with DMS but I think it's fast enough as it is for the time being. I'll concede that command is not as good as idrive but it's still a good system, just not as intuitive or user friendly.
The interior is such a massive step up compared to the F3* 3 series. The M3 I drove was so rattly and the road noise made it unbearable. Plus I think for an estate it just looks fantastic at every angle. Need to get out and drive it more.

t62VdDS.jpg
C4Z1SaH.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't answer your question directly, but try the Brodit site - they generally have very good mounting solutions.

Not sure if this helps but for my B Class I bought a Phone Mount that goes into the CD slot. I then chamferred a small bit out of the mount where the volume/power on dial is directly under and happy days.

Thanks both, I will take a look

Associate
Awesome car @panthro . Love the colour. The estate makes a for a practical, understated high performance car.

How much extra BHP does the remap give you? I can't think I've ever thought "I wish this car had more power" with mine.

Soldato
I have the option of buying a Silver 2011 Mercedes-Benz C180 blue efficiency for £6500, 57k on the clock, and a few previous owners, but it appears to have a full history. Paint, alloys, and interior all in good nick, especially for the age.

It seems to be priced correctly according to my research, but I have no idea about the upkeep cost of these cars. Or typical things that need replacing/fixing. I visit the UK often enough that I easily have another £4,000 in car rentals left this year on planned visits, and this seems like a fiscally responsible option.

Anyone any thoughts if this is good value? Or if it is a hidden money sink.

Soldato
Awesome car @panthro . Love the colour. The estate makes a for a practical, understated high performance car.

How much extra BHP does the remap give you? I can't think I've ever thought "I wish this car had more power" with mine.
Cheers. I had a decent drive in it today but had my daughter with me who gets motion sickness so I got told off for driving too fast! Really happy with it though. So glad I went with something that's not a BMW.
DMS said they can get between 470-480bhp, which is bonkers. £750 Inc VAT for the remap and 2x runs on the dyno.

Soldato
I have the option of buying a Silver 2011 Mercedes-Benz C180 blue efficiency for £6500, 57k on the clock, and a few previous owners, but it appears to have a full history. Paint, alloys, and interior all in good nick, especially for the age.

It seems to be priced correctly according to my research, but I have no idea about the upkeep cost of these cars. Or typical things that need replacing/fixing. I visit the UK often enough that I easily have another £4,000 in car rentals left this year on planned visits, and this seems like a fiscally responsible option.

Anyone any thoughts if this is good value? Or if it is a hidden money sink.
I'd rather just keep renting if I was visiting infrequently. Saves you the hassle of upkeep and and potential bills.

Associate
Managed to get out for a short drive yesterday. I had booked it in for a remap with DMS but I think it's fast enough as it is for the time being. I'll concede that command is not as good as idrive but it's still a good system, just not as intuitive or user friendly.
The interior is such a massive step up compared to the F3* 3 series. The M3 I drove was so rattly and the road noise made it unbearable. Plus I think for an estate it just looks fantastic at every angle. Need to get out and drive it more.

You can never have to much power. Don't go to DMS, take it to MSL Performance in Birmingham.

Nice car

Soldato
Why is MSL recommended? DMS have been around for years and have a good reputation. They've done plenty of MB but their core is Porsche and BMW.

I think DMS is well rated, but I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about MSL at all. It seems to be that what they don't know about modding AMGs isn't worth knowing.

Back
Top Bottom