• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics cards prices on the mend- Scalpers losses

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I have understood what's going on a little more since spending time on this forum.

:cry::cry: We had these posts some months back then it died off. Now it has started up again like a campaign backed by trump.

A lot of people who want to buy more than one card genuinely have a need though so I don't know why there is anger and pessimism towards them trying to buy multiple.

The resentment is only a small minority on here, but much like the aggressive folk that have no post count and cant buy a MM listing - you cant please everyone. Maybe posters like the derailment member above are made of teflon?

Soldato
Wouldnt shipping affect all goods not just gpus? And i dont see massive inflation across all goods. Tbh theres a lot of money being made somewhere and they wont give it up easily. The only way prices will drop is if more money can be made at selling high volume at low price vs low volumes high price (current situation). Once the rich boys and gals have all paid up and no more cards are being sold ar inflated prices then the manufacturers will be forced into lowering prices to open the market back up. The lhr cards are just there to make you think they care about gamers and to protect that market share if mining bottoms out. Eggs and baskets and all that.

Most of the cards or their components come from Asia so it wouldnt necessarily affect all goods. Its been talked about on the news plenty of times a shipping container would cost about £2000 normally and they went up to at least £24000 plus space was or is at a premium. Shipping is just one small part of it if that has gone up like 10 times more than normal and other parts of the distribution line could also follow. What I was saying its just not one thing that needs fixing is a complicated combination of things that need to normalise before we see decent prices and predications are still into 2022 till this happens.

Soldato
I want a reference 6800XT for about £ 470 this may mean I miss out this generation and will have to wait a few years but there’s not a cats chance in hell I’m paying over the odds.

Permabanned
OP
Madness - I'm starting to think bagging a 3090 FE at MSRP was looking like a good idea now lol

I get your thought :D Some professionals need that 24GBV of VRAM and some people on here reckon you might need 24GB to future proof the card , but it is already a very expensive purchase.

OcUk might have Palit 3090 cards for £2,000, those cards are AIBs as well so you would get that extra grunt and cooling...

Last edited:
Associate
Availability seems to be getting better as well as pricing. Interesting seeing the members market, a month ago people were paying 2016/17 new prices for old pascal GPU's and they were being instantly snapped up. That no longer seems to be the case.

Soldato
I managed to get a 3060ti for 590 new but don't know if I should just return it as it still seems a bit too high.
I'm guessing that was from the UK as i noticed some places had stock yesterday at around that sort of price, personally it was more than i was willing to pay although it's certainly cheaper than they used to be, I'm hoping the return of stock and falling prices' are a sign that things maybe returning to 'normal'. Or for me at least no more than £20-30 over MSRP, plus £100 over MSRP is to rich for my blood, value is very subjective though.

Permabanned
OP
I'm guessing that was from the UK as i noticed some places had stock yesterday at around that sort of price, personally it was more than i was willing to pay although it's certainly cheaper than they used to be, I'm hoping the return of stock and falling prices' are a sign that things maybe returning to 'normal'. Or for me at least no more than £20-30 over MSRP, plus £100 over MSRP is to rich for my blood, value is very subjective though.

If it's too expensive, return the card, because if you can't afford it as it's overpriced, then you could get into financial problems.

Back
Top Bottom