Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah okay. Sterling was scoring 20-30 goals a season in the premier League at Chiesa's age who has barely got into double digits in Serie A.

We had Sancho on the bench who has one of the best goal and assists ratios in Europe over the past two season and he plays on the right but for some retarded reason we played Mason Mount instead. That is just one of the many retarded decisions he made. I could go on for hours!

Mason mount is not exactly crap . His been one of Chelsea best players last season.

Do you even watch the premier league?

Caporegime
One thing that cheesed me off was all the long balls England were attempting.

The team was having absolutely no luck either taking the ball down or knocking it on to another England player. None at all.

And yet the long balls kept coming. Italy's press on the back line was effective, and the midfielders weren't offering themselves as an out ball. Rather the midfield was too detached from the back line, and there were often no passing options, so it was hoofed up the field.

Italy were loving this. The ball was either getting knocked on to their goalie or simply being stopped by the defence. At which point Italy would then pass their way up the pitch.

Italy were playing the right way. England were often resorting to hoofed balls up field and, despite the repeated failure, Gareth didn't step in to change anything.

That's one of his major faults. He's just so passive when things aren't going right, or the game turns against us. He just sits there and watches it happen like the rest of us.

Soldato
But he won't learn. That was almost a carbon copy of 2018 v croatia. "we learned a lot in Russia" he said before. Not the important stuff it would seem.

Yeah it was a carbon copy of the Croatia semi, such a shame as the Italians were there for the taking had we gone at them.

Spain made them look very ordinary and controlled most of the play yet England sat back and let the Italians dominate so it was only a matter of time before they equalised.

This was then compounded by the poor use of subs when it was clear in the second half we needed fresh legs.

Man of Honour
Look back at all the penalty shootout failures in years gone by and who missed the pens back then. Pearce and Waddle in 1990, Southgate in 96, Ince & Batty in 98, Beckham and Vassell in 2004, Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher in 2006, Young and Cole in 2012. Every single one of them were experienced players
Agreed complete nonsense this thing about experienced players, you want good penalty takers taking penalties, not players experienced in playing open play football matches. Heck look at Holland a few years ago, put Tim Krul on for pens, OMG what an idiot putting on an inexperienced player for pens!!!!!!!111

Topic change but the worst thing about this shootout was after pickford saved Jorginho's I was too busy ****ing my pants and when Saka missed I hadn't actually twigged we'd lost for a second, I was expecting Italty to have another pen to win it.

Soldato
Pickfords kicks got worse the longer the tournement continued (not just because the opposing defences got better, but this is partially the reason for sure)

Man of Honour
OP
Ederson was lucky to make the italy squad as Mancini was concerned about his lack of game time at city too. I guess when you bring in a brazilian to play for italy you kind of have to reward that?

You on the beers? :D

Emerson is the brazillian playing for Italy and he plays for Chelsea not City.

Associate
For the first time in the tournament, England looked gassed and Italy just passed it around like we weren't even there. Italy would have won in regular time if Chiesa hadn't gone off injured.

Soldato
We hardly played any of the trophy winners.

Where was Foden? Rashford and Sancho last 2 minutes? Henderson on late? Trent didnt make the squad.
Fodon had a foot injury I believe, but why Rashford and Sancho didnt get more game time during the tournement I have no idea

Soldato
So the fans who boo'd the England players for taking a knee are now filling Rashford's, Saka's and Sancho's social media with racist abuse and monkey symbols. Showing their true colours again the horrible racist scum. I wish they'd all **** off out of this country :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom