What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
I finished The Room the other week, was very impressed.

I've moved onto Fallout4 VR with the Essentials Overhaul modpack from GingasVR & Wabbajack.
Its been a right royal pain to setup but now I've got to grips with the controls, settings and the overall complexity of the game (survival mode) its something else especially using room scale VR. Just going through the opening vault 111 and the Sanctuary Hills opening settlement takes hours as you pour over the detail.... you could easily sink 1000hrs of gameplay into this even if you've played it before

Soldato
I've just managed to get the Skyrim custom quest The Forgotten City working in Skyrim VR. I had some stability issues but it turns out the Skyrim VR stability fix mod wasn't loading, so I got that updated and it's fine now.

It's an interesting user campaign. You can tell the quality isn't quite as good as the original, but it's very close, and some of the voice acting is excellent. It's nice to play something in Skyrim VR that I haven't already played yet.

Associate
Are there any VR racing games with similar model to Gran Turismo, in that you start with a basic cheap car and can race to earn cash/tune it/buy more cars etc.
I'm not super into racing games but I'm pretty sure project cars 1 and 2 have career modes where this is the case? Only played the 2nd one for a little bit though, the graphics in vr are pretty incredible if you can turn them up!

Associate
Not so much looking for arcade style games, just the building up kind of thing.

I do have PC2 but the career is just pick a series and race in it I believe.
Damn, yeah there does seem to be a slight lack of racing games in vr. Hopefully the next gran Turismo will come out with full psvr2 support once they're both out!

Associate
Damn, yeah there does seem to be a slight lack of racing games in vr. Hopefully the next gran Turismo will come out with full psvr2 support once they're both out!

Discussed earlier

PC (never played cannot comment on)
AC - lots of people seem to like this (I have not played so cannot comment)
iracing - the best for online racing other people but not good if you want to collect cars. GTSport copied the rating ideas from this but tried and continually attempted to tweaka blame based incident system which never worked.

All support VR.

Soldato
Damn, yeah there does seem to be a slight lack of racing games in vr.

Project Cars 1/2/3
Assetto Corsa/Competizione
Rfactor 2
Race Room
Live for speed
Automoblilista 1/2
GTR 2
GRIP
Distance
Dirt Rally 1/2
Kart Kraft
Redout
Z-race
Richard Burns Rally
Rise: Race The Future
Touring Karts
BallisticNG

Wreckfest: Via VorpX.

Project cars 3, you're XP/Money/Customize/Unlocks simcade game.

Currently playing. Velheim, Evochron Legacy, NBA 2K21 (VorpX)

Last edited:
Associate
Project Cars 1/2/3
Assetto Corsa/Competizione
Rfactor 2
Race Room
Live for speed
Automoblilista 1/2
GTR 2
GRIP
Distance
Dirt Rally 1/2
Kart Kraft
Redout
Z-race
Richard Burns Rally
Rise: Race The Future
Touring Karts
BallisticNG

Wreckfest: Via VorpX.

Project cars 3, you're XP/Money/Customize/Unlocks simcade game.

Currently playing. Velheim, Evochron Legacy, NBA 2K21 (VorpX)
Damn I hadn't heard of half of those! More than I thought but not many that fit the Gran Turismo model it sounds like ....maybe Project Cars 3 but heard bad things about it ...

Soldato
Project Cars 3 but heard bad things about it ...

If you want a simcade with all the progression tropes, there's nothing wrong with it. There's a few performance issues in certain weather conditions, and some of the medals are unreasonably difficult, but nothing else aside from the race sim community not liking it.

Back
Top Bottom