• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone else trying The Ascent? The aiming is so sensitive I can't use it so end up just evading away then waiting till they run into my sights. Am I doing something wrong?

Also tried Omni, seems ok although no idea what it's about.

Edit

Sussed the aiming. Have right stick furthest from center and rotate. Closer to the center the more sensitive it is, strange.

Man of Honour
Anyone else trying The Ascent? The aiming is so sensitive I can't use it so end up just evading away then waiting till they run into my sights. Am I doing something wrong?

Also tried Omni, seems ok although no idea what it's about.

Edit

Sussed the aiming. Have right stick furthest from center and rotate. Closer to the center the more sensitive it is, strange.

Yup, I found the same thing. Kept getting killed in the very first fight until I sussed this out. Also made the mistake of holding left trigger which causes you to aim high.

Enjoying it so far. I just hope the difficulty doesn’t ramp up too crazily as some games tend to.

Soldato
It seem ok now I've sussed aiming. I'm finding it really hard to read the any text which isn't subtitled. It's so small. There's a setting to increase subtitle size but not normal text. Oddly the subtitles are in the top left too so you actively have to look for them rather than appearing in your current view.

Soldato
I had the same confusion with aiming and the high and low thing but getting used to it now, only an hour in but enjoying it so far, graphics are impressive and it runs nicely, sound is good too

Caporegime
OP
Not really digging The Ascent. The artwork is superb but there seems to be a lot of running about to get to where you need to go. Have finished the first main mission at level 4 and now it’s sending me to an area for the next main quest with level 14 baddies? Am I supposed to be doing side quests to level up?

Soldato
Not really digging The Ascent. The artwork is superb but there seems to be a lot of running about to get to where you need to go. Have finished the first main mission at level 4 and now it’s sending me to an area for the next main quest with level 14 baddies? Am I supposed to be doing side quests to level up?

Only side mission I did was to go to some traders but the stuff they had was pointless anyway. Im only level 4 and just finished the second mission. It's hard and I've been killed a few times but retreating to cover seems to work for me

The loot bot thing seems pointless, doesn't pick anything up!?

Soldato
Super long shot, but;

Does anyone have the series X hooked up to both a TV and a monitor by means of some sort of HDMI2.1 switch? One input, two outputs, with a switch between the outs.

The idea of course is not that I want to output to two displays simultaneously, but that the switch has some sort manual control switch as to which display should be receiving the signal?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Only side mission I did was to go to some traders but the stuff they had was pointless anyway. Im only level 4 and just finished the second mission. It's hard and I've been killed a few times but retreating to cover seems to work for me

The loot bot thing seems pointless, doesn't pick anything up!?

it’s weird. I died about 10 times on the way to The Grinder getting past level 14 and even a level 20 baddie but it suddenly decided to respawn me away from them into a new area with level 6 enemies so back on track again now. Going to keep playing as I totally love the environments.

Soldato
Goddamnit - trying to access my private message on Waypoint, but the website is getting hammered. Someone pay the bloody Azure bill already!

edit: this is how to do the thing, if you've been invited

CVHyU79.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Did anybody play Ascent in coop last night? I had 3 crashes to desktop whilst playing. Granted it is a new release but it seems so solid and relatively bug free. First game I have had CTD on my SX.

That aside it is great fun as others have said. I was just about getting the hang of it but my mate was hoovering up all the enemies. He is more of a controller player than me (my way of saying I'm rubbish with a controller). M&K does work but seems an after thought as there is no mouse sensitivity adjustments in the menu.

So I had to increase the dpi on the fly, which works well. Also no remap function, I'm sure all this will come in good time. Definitely left wanting more, haven't had that feeling for a while from a game so just hope the crashing gets ironed out.

Back
Top Bottom