• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I’m surprised that there is this much excitement for Halo as very few of you play in the OcUK group that’s on every Saturday.

Too much gap between games, i couldnt keep playing the same one for years. Its way too repetative and certain things start to grind your gears. Need this fresh game to spark the interest again

Man of Honour
So there is an unlocked frame rate option. Not accessed through menus. But on 120hz capable sets you make sure VRR and 120hz are enabled on you S/X and your good to go.

Amazingly it does actually reach 120fps at times (obviously in more sparse areas, but still, I love this vrr feature). They just need to sort whatever is causing the stutter for the X that isn’t evident with the S in more built up areas.

Soldato
Launch week online will be epic, get practicing on older Halos because its going to be tough to stay alive enough to run 20 yards lol

For some reason I’ve always been a bit rubbish at Halo MP, though I do enjoy it. Not sure why, as I’ve always been fairly decent at most competitive shooters I’ve played (i.e: Get nukes in COD etc)

Been playing a bit of Halo but getting a game with a reasonable ping is only really possible over peak times in my region.

Man of Honour
For some reason I’ve always been a bit rubbish at Halo MP, though I do enjoy it. Not sure why, as I’ve always been fairly decent at most competitive shooters I’ve played (i.e: Get nukes in COD etc)

Been playing a bit of Halo but getting a game with a reasonable ping is only really possible over peak times in my region.

Halo is the antithesis of CoD.

In CoD it's whoever gets lucky and spots the other player first, which is popular amongst the masses as it makes it so that anyone can get kills just through luck. It's engineered to be this way.

In Halo spotting the other player first doesn't guarantee a win as there is a longer time to kill. This means that physical skills such as evasion, tracking, and traversing the environment, and mental skills such as baiting, behaviour training, and mind-games, have much more of an impact than the very simple reaction time and luck focus in CoD.

Soldato

Its one of those games you have to put a lot of time in i feel. I have played Halo, COD and Gears of War in the past for 6+ hours a day 7 days a week and it took a long while but eventually i could hold my own

Soldato
Halo is the antithesis of CoD.

In CoD it's whoever gets lucky and spots the other player first, which is popular amongst the masses as it makes it so that anyone can get kills just through luck. It's engineered to be this way.

In Halo spotting the other player first doesn't guarantee a win as there is a longer time to kill. This means that physical skills such as evasion, tracking, and traversing the environment, and mental skills such as baiting, behaviour training, and mind-games, have much more of an impact than the very simple reaction time and luck focus in CoD.

I take your points, but all of those reasons is exactly why I find it baffling that I'm not better at Halo than COD for example, because those things you mention are the things I'm better at than just pure aim.

I only use COD as an example to illustrate that I'm a capable FPS player, and disagree that it's mostly luck - not sure if that's what you meant or not, but that's not the topic of conversation / don't care to focus on that.

FWIW; I have always much preferred the longer TTK CODs, and love the ones people hated (i.e: the ones that weren't "boots on the ground"). After all, I'm an old as balls Quake/ UT99 / UT04 player before "verticality" was a word :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I take your points, but all of those reasons is exactly why I find it baffling that I'm not better at Halo than COD for example, because those things you mention are the things I'm better at than just pure aim.

I only use COD as an example to illustrate that I'm a capable FPS player, and disagree that it's mostly luck - not sure if that's what you meant or not, but that's not the topic of conversation / don't care to focus on that.

FWIW; I have always much preferred the longer TTK CODs, and love the ones people hated (i.e: the ones that weren't "boots on the ground"). After all, I'm an old as balls Quake/ UT99 / UT04 player before "verticality" was a word :D

Halo has a much higher skill ceiling, so good players can easily and consistently wreck worse players. In CoD, by design, the difference between players is compressed to the point that the worse player can sometimes win over the better player.

Map knowledge, power weapon timing and proficiency, power up use, and teamwork are also very important points that I missed in my previous post.

If you’re regularly losing in Halo then I think you’re not as good as you think you are in all those areas. But I’m only an Onyx level player myself.

Back
Top Bottom