Humankind - Amplitude Studio's take on Civilization

Associate
Keep looking at this game and contemplating on picking up a copy but never get around to it as I can see it taking up a huge amount of my time.
When I last played a Civ style game I got completely hooked and played it non-stop for way too long.

Man of Honour
Satisfactory is starting to pump out Dev videos around update 5, like you mentioned. Managed to avoid that game but recently caved and bought it.

Be wary of starting Satisfactory, before you know it, several months have passed and you havent moved from your chair :D

Soldato
Be wary of starting Satisfactory, before you know it, several months have passed and you havent moved from your chair :D

That should be another green tick for a reason to buy and install it.
As it is it is another one of those 1st World problems :D

I just bought Patron as that was released last night, seems interesting. Then I found myself sorting out my mods for No Man's Sky, having watched a video in regards to another big update about to drop, their 17th major update. That intrigued me to start another game...!

I can only imagine that games like Satisfactory and Humankind would be black holes of swallowing time.

Soldato
Not sure if to consider the Deluxe or std edition. Can only think that the Notre-Dame wonder would be of interest.
Didn't realise that there is a turn based limit for some victory conditions, altho I believe you can continue to play after the victor is announced.

Man of Honour
Wow did they not pay them or something?

IGN is usualy a sure 9/10

Its , unusually for IGN, a pretty accurate review. Pretty much echoes my own thoughts on the game after my playtime in it. Its decent, enough different about it to set it apart from Civ, but not as good as Civ. The best of the civ rivals but still a runner up to Civ

Caporegime
Damn :(

Back to waiting for galactic civ 4 then I might try their alpha.

Been trying gal civ 3, endless space 2 and stellaris latley but all seem a little boring.

AI just isn't fun in any civ/4x game it seems and I don't play at the times for humans any decent in depth games latley?

Soldato
I think that I've still got my tinned copy of Galac Civ II somewhere, their 3rd version didn't do much for me.

Decided to pre-order the deluxe version of Humankind, pre loading now. For £26 or so it seemed a reasonable buy. I'm buying it as much for the mods and hopefully patch support as I am for a curiosity look now. For a first pass, initial release, it seems pretty solid.

Caporegime
I think that I've still got my tinned copy of Galac Civ II somewhere, their 3rd version didn't do much for me.

Decided to pre-order the deluxe version of Humankind, pre loading now. For £26 or so it seemed a reasonable buy. I'm buying it as much for the mods and hopefully patch support as I am for a curiosity look now. For a first pass, initial release, it seems pretty solid.

Yeah 2 was better than 3 4 is looking good.

They're doing a massive alpha program until release next year it seems.

I thinkrhey just released a second civilization

Man of Honour
Bah...disappointed with the game creation options. I've just started it up to check. For reference, I always play Civ on the largest map possible, with as many Civs as possible and on Marathon game length, which I think is 1,500 turns. Had hoped that when release came around Humankind would have something similar in scale, so quite disappointed to find that the largest map is smaller, the max number of factions is only 10 and the longest game length (Endless) is only 600 turns.

(to be fair on the map size, the superlarge map size for Civ came after release, so in terms of map size at release, Humankinds is larger. Just a pity about the turn length being less than half the number of turns as Civs longest and only 10 factions, which is again less than half Civs.)

Soldato
Yeah 2 was better than 3 4 is looking good.

They're doing a massive alpha program until release next year it seems.

I thinkrhey just released a second civilization

4 seems to have slipped under my radar. I have signed up for updates on it with Stardock. See that the alpha / beta schedule is for Epic games only but then available for Steam after a while post launch. I would not bother with the Alpha sign up as I am struggling to play what I have already....!

Steam-Key-Forum-Post-by-Fighting-Farmer.png

Frogboy - that is a name from the past...!

Back
Top Bottom