Break checked and crashed

Soldato
Having looked at it a bit more, it looks like the OP pulls in behind the Audi, but doesn't realise there is a slip lane there. OP thinks he's on the inside lane, and gets caught out by the Audi slowing for the off-ramp. OP then angrily flashes his lights, overtakes close and fast on the right, and cuts back in to put himself in front of the Audi on the inside lane. OP is not looking where he is going, and then realises he is actually now on the slip road, and cuts back across to get back to the motorway, only there isn't room, and he hits the cones and the end of the barrier.

Looks like OP was so determined to cut up the Audi, he ended up on the slip road, tried to get back on the motorway, and failed spectacularly.

Caporegime
Having looked at it a bit more, it looks like the OP pulls in behind the Audi, but doesn't realise there is a slip lane there. OP thinks he's on the inside lane, and gets caught out by the Audi slowing for the off-ramp. OP then angrily flashes his lights, overtakes close and fast on the right, and cuts back in to put himself in front of the Audi on the inside lane. OP is not looking where he is going, and then realises he is actually now on the slip road, and cuts back across to get back to the motorway, only there isn't room, and he hits the cones and the end of the barrier.

Looks like OP was so determined to cut up the Audi, he ended up on the slip road, tried to get back on the motorway, and failed spectacularly.

I think you are giving the OP too much credit!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
he does. If you watch it at 0.25 speed he full beams the Audi before the Audi brakes. but as others have pointing it, unless the Audi driver had reactions of a F1 driver, its unlikely he braked in response, more likely he was already going to brake and the OP got his full beam in first.

Yeah that was what I was thinking, didn't read the whole thread but certainly makes sense.

OP is a bit daft to have got himself in that situation really...

Soldato

actually exactly what i thought.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
It's Jct. 15A on the M1 for the services and the A43, very noticeable and any regular driver of that part of the M1 knows where it is. Usually it splits into two lanes quite quickly (left lane for services and right lane for A43) when roadworks aren't too intrusive.

Perhaps the driver thought the Audi was going to stay left for the A43 but stayed right for the services and ****** up his ****** overtake. Either way, still absolutely hilarious! :cry::cry:

Caporegime
Reminds me of this a bit

Indeed, although the truck driver should have anticipated this, the quick jerk he gave on his steering @ 21 seconds tells me he probably hadn't even clocked the car coming up his off side, as a proferssional he should have anticipated this muppets intent and acted on it, just as you do daily when driving a truck....

Not for a moment saying the trucker was the main one at fault here, but, this could so easily gone bad for either of them or the highways guys in the van the car nearly crashes into,but, the truck driver is the professional in this situation and the one who really should know better.

Caporegime
All I'm seeing here is someone who thought the Audi is going too slow, had a little wobble and tried to overtake, lost their senses half way through and hit a barrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Indeed, although the truck driver should have anticipated this, the quick jerk he gave on his steering @ 21 seconds tells me he probably hadn't even clocked the car coming up his off side, as a proferssional he should have anticipated this muppets intent and acted on it, just as you do daily when driving a truck....

Not for a moment saying the trucker was the main one at fault here, but, this could so easily gone bad for either of them or the highways guys in the van the car nearly crashes into,but, the truck driver is the professional in this situation and the one who really should know better.

The car is overtaking. Isnt overtaking an at risk manoeuvre and therefore the car driver is 100% at fault here

Man of Honour
The car is overtaking. Isnt overtaking an at risk manoeuvre and therefore the car driver is 100% at fault here
Good driving means protecting yourself from the bad driving of others. I know our modern world struggles with that as it’s a “I’m in the right and I’m moving for no one…..erm….bro” world these days but Scania is spot on. No point being in the right if you bend your rig and could have avoided it.

Soldato
How can you not be aware of the slip? You can see it, you can see the 300/200/100 yard markers and the Audi is indicating.

Tunnel vision. If you're angrily focussed on the back of another car, then cutting him up and giving him the stink-eye out the window, it's easy to lose situational awareness. It all happens in a few seconds and it's surprisingly easy to get unsighted if you're up close to the back of the car in front.

We've already established from the video that the OP is not someone who should be behind the steering wheel of any vehicle.

Last edited:
Soldato

What should a professional driver do in this situation? Slow down to let him in? I think the worst bit about the car driver is they've made no intention whether they want to speed up past the lorry or tuck in behind them. It's actually almost looks the case that the car didn't see/realise the road was closed until it was too late.

Man of Honour
Tunnel vision. If you're angrily focussed on the back of another car, then cutting him up and giving him the stink-eye out the window, it's easy to lose situational awareness. It all happens in a few seconds and it's surprisingly easy to get unsighted if you're up close to the back of the car in front.

We've already established from the video that the OP is not someone who should be behind the steering wheel of any vehicle.

Can happen in other situations - I had a driver behind me acting a bit crazy and looked like they were going to use the 3rd lane (for turning right) at a set of lights to try and overtake me going straight ahead, then likely cutting in on me, and I was so tasked with keeping an eye on what they were doing I nearly missed the lights changing to red.

Soldato

yeah if they had collided I doubt his transport office would be very impressed...always easier for everyone to avoid any collision if possible regardless of who's at fault

I think he saw the car and thought '**** him' btw - looks like he sped up when the car was alongside if anything!...maybe assumed the car would just cut in close in front of him...that would be the more usual outcome there!

Back
Top Bottom