Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Caporegime
It's that time again when we discuss what the upcoming Winter will be like - We do this every year :D

This summer has been dreadful for many in the south, in fact with only 60-65% sun duration, it could be one of the dullest for many years. Although it seems to be a better summer further north. Will this affect the Winter? Will it be mild or will be get some decent snowfall like last Winter? We shall wait and see

Man of Honour
We've not had decent as in snow piled up at the door and leaving the house becomes a real pain the backside snow in west midlands for about 4 years so I'd say we're probably due some.
Although I'd rather it stayed mild as it has done the last few years ago now we're back to commuting again :o

Soldato
It’s felt like an absolutely brilliant summer this year. Very warm, very little rain and wind. Best one in a long time.
I therefore predict a wild winter, with heaps of rain but not much snow. Because the weather gives with one hand and takes with t’other…

Soldato
It’s felt like an absolutely brilliant summer this year. Very warm, very little rain and wind. Best one in a long time.
I therefore predict a wild winter, with heaps of rain but not much snow. Because the weather gives with one hand and takes with t’other…
Really? Vibe is polar (pun intended) opposite here and for all of my friends/family. Last summer was insane, mega heat from March onwards.

Man of Honour
Really? Vibe is polar (pun intended) opposite here and for all of my friends/family. Last summer was insane, mega heat from March onwards.
Same here, it's been a complete washout this year apart from the week or 2 where it hit mid 20's. Last year it was glorious all the way through, made being stuck in the garden not quite so much of a hardship.

Commissario
It's still not possible to accurately predict the weather more than a few days in advance. All the "studying the models" stuff that gets posted in these threads every year will be as meaningless this winter as it has been every other time.

Soldato
Have we had summer yet? I remember a couple of weeks of sun and then grey clouds for the rest, its barely 17 degrees today :rolleyes:

Looking at energy prices I'm hoping this Winter will be mild otherwise its going to be an expensive one.

Soldato
I was stood outside in the rain on Sunday and looked at my weather app which said there was 0% chance of rain so I'm not going to be counting any chickens for something as far away as winter.

Associate
This summer has been dreadful for many in the south

Has it? I just moved back to Leeds this last weekend but spent the rest of the year in South Herts (pretty much North London, within M25) and we had a glorious summer. Not quite as good as last year but still it was warm every day from Early May to last Saturday.

Soldato
I was stood outside in the rain on Sunday and looked at my weather app which said there was 0% chance of rain so I'm not going to be counting any chickens for something as far away as winter.
Yes I was laying in a tent on Monday night looking at my app which said 'clear' outside whilst it was raining. Load of *****, I should have been a weather forecaster, because you can just say any old rubbish really.
On that note, I predict months of rain.

Back
Top Bottom