Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Associate
Wrath of the Righteous preloaded and the framework of a build sorta kinda planned out

Tiefling (Hellspawn), Lawful Neutral, 1 level into Monk to get Dodge//Crane Style, 5ish levels into an undecided class, 5 to 7 into Empyreal Sorcerer, 9 or 10 into a Hellknight Signifer (Order of the Gate)
May well just be 1 Monk, 9 Sorcerer, 10 Hellknight Signifer I dunno

Aeon mythic path but committing evil acts and then shifting to Devil mythic path
Order of the Gate should allow me to cast arcane without a miscast chance while wearing Hell Knight armour assuming the wiki is correct

May also take the time to work out an Inquisitor based version of the plan for divine casting, removing the need for armour casting and allowing me to go Judge archetype for extra flavour. This has all deviated a lot from my initial plan of playing a Lich. The moment I saw Devil had made it into the game my ideas shifted

Soldato
I've not actually read that much about it and never played the campaign on pen & paper.

I tend to try and re-create my current character but we're not playing Pathfinder at the moment

Soldato
I think first playthrough will (or was) going to be kineticist, likely base version rather then any specific archetype. But I also wanted to do Legend Mythic path, but thinking about it, looks like the idea is double the level cap with Legend vs picking a mythic path, but I am not sure if kineticist will synergise well with other class's given you keep your hands free. Alas think I will wait a few weeks before playing to let initial bunch of patch's come through and play encased first so see what ideas others come up with!

Associate
I think first playthrough will (or was) going to be kineticist, likely base version rather then any specific archetype. But I also wanted to do Legend Mythic path, but thinking about it, looks like the idea is double the level cap with Legend vs picking a mythic path, but I am not sure if kineticist will synergise well with other class's given you keep your hands free. Alas think I will wait a few weeks before playing to let initial bunch of patch's come through and play encased first so see what ideas others come up with!
I'm of the opinion that the Legend path is a massive trap. You lose some incredibly powerful bonuses from the Mythic paths and don't really recoup them with the extra levels. Not to mention a lot of things like spells and feats don't keep advancing by virtue of having those extra levels

If anything I feel like Demon is the best choice for a kineticist

Soldato
I'm of the opinion that the Legend path is a massive trap. You lose some incredibly powerful bonuses from the Mythic paths and don't really recoup them with the extra levels. Not to mention a lot of things like spells and feats don't keep advancing by virtue of having those extra levels

If anything I feel like Demon is the best choice for a kineticist

Oh yeah no I expect you will not be as powerful without going down the mythic path route, partly why I want to go down it, sounds attractive to not have any divine powers depending on the build or roleplay your doing. Seems the rest of the crusade moulds to your Mythic path so beating it as just a human (well as much as one can be blasting fireballs etc) has an appeal for me, at least for one run.

Yes indeed on the feats and spell aspect, which is why if I do go legend route think the kineticist route is not ideal. You would have 20 levels in kineticist for example, then 20 in another class (or 40 spread over whatever) but question mark is what will kineticist synergise with well.

Associate
Oh yeah no I expect you will not be as powerful without going down the mythic path route, partly why I want to go down it, sounds attractive to not have any divine powers depending on the build or roleplay your doing. Seems the rest of the crusade moulds to your Mythic path so beating it as just a human (well as much as one can be blasting fireballs etc) has an appeal for me, at least for one run.

Yes indeed on the feats and spell aspect, which is why if I do go legend route think the kineticist route is not ideal. You would have 20 levels in kineticist for example, then 20 in another class (or 40 spread over whatever) but question mark is what will kineticist synergise with well.
Dipping into Rogue (Thug) to pick up some sneak attack was a really good use of a level in Kingmaker so I would imagine it's still pretty good now. Monk (Zen Archer) looks to be a good dip in Wrath giving you Point Blank Mastery at 3rd level along with a handful of other things like a bonus feat, increased move range and the like. Beyond that it's probably just fleshing out the build with things you feel it may be missing

Is this an expansion? Main game was good but had too much ballache involved for me.....:cry:
Stand alone game built on the same ruleset with a completely new campaign and massively improved and increased systems from more classes to more races to Mythic classes and so on and so forth. Kingdom management and time constraints are by and large out, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 based tactical combat on a turn based overworld map is in

Permabanned
Stand alone game built on the same ruleset with a completely new campaign and massively improved and increased systems from more classes to more races to Mythic classes and so on and so forth. Kingdom management and time constraints are by and large out, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 based tactical combat on a turn based overworld map is in

Hmm sounds interesting then, will have a look at it, ta. :)

Soldato
Kingdom management and time constraints are by and large out, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 based tactical combat on a turn based overworld map is in

Thank god, so many resources wasted on an aspect of the game that only provided frustration for the player.

I just bought tyranny and bf2042 is out soon so for once I've got too many games to choose from.

Soldato
Yeah kingdom management was not implemented that well, more so first time playing it, far too many people overwhelmed by the events and losing. Problem was spiral was very extreme when events started building up, coming in thicker and faster. Recall though they did with later patch's make kingdom management optional and seem to have learned a lot more for WoR Crusade system.

Looking forward to the rotating camera oddly enough!

Associate
Looks like theres so many classes/subclasses/races I genuinly dont know what im going to make until I start the game. Ive avoided p much all the hype and updates till now so its all gone over my head. I know i'll be making some sort of lawful evil / magic character probably.

Man of Honour
Looks like theres so many classes/subclasses/races I genuinly dont know what im going to make until I start the game. Ive avoided p much all the hype and updates till now so its all gone over my head. I know i'll be making some sort of lawful evil / magic character probably.

Something like 127 classes all told :)

Associate
I bet your character will be bald

Back
Top Bottom