Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 13th Sept 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
We're looking like we so often do under Ole. A bunch of players on the pitch who are making far too many decisions moment to moment with no idea where our teammates will be or who will be available. So frustrating. So disjointed.

Fernandes needed to release that to Sancho earlier or further in front of him.

Caporegime
We're looking like we so often do under Ole. A bunch of players on the pitch who are making far too many decisions moment to moment with no idea where our teammates will be or who will be available. So frustrating. So disjointed.

Fernandes needed to release that to Sancho earlier or further in front of him.

It is never easy when a team has no ambition other than not to lose the game. We have had double digit shots already. 70% poss and 90% pass accuracy.

I do agree though it is games like these that cost you winning a title not the ones against the big teams.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It is never easy when a team has no ambition other than not to lose the game.

I'm not talking about slicing them to pieces with tiki taka but just knowing what runs players are going to make, moving the team around the pitch. City might not score a goal but you know what they are trying to do and they know what they are trying to do. You can see players making the runs they should be making and the player with the ball doesn't even have to think if his teammate will be in position X or making run Y because he will be. They aren't running down the pitch looking around and wondering where they can go and ending up passing it backwards because there are no options. They aren't constantly running into blind alleys because their teammates aren't providing options or movement.

We can put together the best team in the league but until we sort this out we aren't going to come close to the PL or Cl.

fez

fez

Caporegime
2 minutes added on, lmfao

And this is why we get the **** we deserve in football. We quite literally encourage it. No card for their keeper and hes wasted more than 2 minutes on his own.

Need to start getting more, better crosses in. It's difficult against a parked bus like this.

No one is making the runs to get on the end of them. We miss Cavani.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ronaldo with a belter. You won't see a better goal this afternoon (probably).

How do commentators watch the game? They are utterly awful at seeing whats happening on the pitch. It was clear from watching it live that it took a very important deflection that resulted in the keeper spilling it.

Caporegime
Waddle on the radio giving it the large saying that’s harsh? Harsh on a team stinking the game up? The balls been in play for like 20 minutes. Not harsh at all. By all means park the bus but I’m not having that time wasting.

Soldato
And this is why we get the **** we deserve in football. We quite literally encourage it. No card for their keeper and hes wasted more than 2 minutes on his own.

I’m sure someone mentioned it in one of the threads about doing it similar to rugby, pause the clock when the ball is out of play or on set pieces would be so much better. I reckon he wasted at least 5 minutes himself.

Back
Top Bottom