What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I watched Kate last night, it was pretty good, the fight scenes were well done, the gunplay was a little ropey and MEW was pretty good throughout. Unfortunately, although i did enjoy it, i found that the premise didnt really grip me that much knowing how eventually it was going to end.

Caporegime
I watched Kate last night, it was pretty good, the fight scenes were well done, the gunplay was a little ropey and MEW was pretty good throughout. Unfortunately, although i did enjoy it, i found that the premise didnt really grip me that much knowing how eventually it was going to end.

Part of me was hoping the alternate ending

where Ani-Chan gets put under Harrelson's wings and thus sets up for a sequel, although that ending is as predictable of him being the villain.

Either way, Winstead had to die.

Associate

I thought the ending was quite different than the normal "action based final girl" stuff out there and gave it a different feel all together.

Caporegime
The Mummy - 9/10

Always been one of m favourite films but not seen it in a good number of years. I'm surprised how well it stands up tbh, the CGI still looks surprisingly good. Cast is just fantastic in every area.

Don
Copshop - 7/10
Liked this a lot (but could have been better), Gerard Butler plays hard man Gerard Butler, good supporting cast and the lead cop is great in it.

Too many instances of the cops being stupid, literally bodies on the floor and spent ammunition cartridges everywhere and they're like "hey, who are you and what are you doing in here?"

Associate
Yeah I know. I re-watched the Evil Dead remake the other week, one of the better ones. Uses special effects too instead of CGI which is a bonus.

It's very likely the best horror remake of all time and also one of my favourites!

I really like slow burn and secluded atmosphere in horror, especially when it's not widely marketed.

Anyway, I'll watch this crap till the end.. :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The Guilty (2021)

Decent film with a straight forward plot and set (similar in the way Phone Booth was) but I felt that it tried to leverage everything on the final pay-off. Without spoilers, it's not a film that you could watch twice and despite a cracking performance from Jake Gyllenhaal it didn't really go anywhere.

6/10

Soldato
The Guilty (2021)

Decent film with a straight forward plot and set (similar in the way Phone Booth was) but I felt that it tried to leverage everything on the final pay-off. Without spoilers, it's not a film that you could watch twice and despite a cracking performance from Jake Gyllenhaal it didn't really go anywhere.

6/10

Oh, is this out already? Watched the trailer last week and looked decent.

It's a remake of a Danish movie, been told the original is quite good as well.

Caporegime
The Green Night. 8/10

Yeah bring your LSD for this one...
Either have a short understanding of the story before hand or be prepared to learn after.
If you have zero interest in "King Arthur" type stuff and all the myth and fantasy that comes with it, I honestly wouldn't go near this. Its probably too weird.

Back
Top Bottom