What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Kate 6.5/10

The story scores a 4, it's not original nor that interesting, it pretty much filter for the action set pieces. The action scenes is where it shines, well shot and hard hitting. The fight 27 minutes in caught me off guard by its realism and ferocity.

Soldato
Kate 6.5/10

The story scores a 4, it's not original nor that interesting, it pretty much filter for the action set pieces. The action scenes is where it shines, well shot and hard hitting. The fight 27 minutes in caught me off guard by its realism and ferocity.
I thought I'd give this a go but was put off by poor reviews. Are the action/fight scenes up there with Atomic Blonde or John Wick?

Soldato
Just watched Without A Paddle with my son and after all these years it's still such an enjoyable movie.

Putting him to bed now, then it's either Malignant or Martyr's Lane..

Which did you pick? Was going to see Schang Chi at the cinema but theres something about the trailers that just arent grabbing me so im holding off.

Associate
Which did you pick? Was going to see Schang Chi at the cinema but theres something about the trailers that just arent grabbing me so im holding off.

I ended up watching Malignant and while it was enjoyable and quite the spectacle to look at, it was a bit far for my horror liking!

Better than I expected though..

Soldato
I thought I'd give this a go but was put off by poor reviews. Are the action/fight scenes up there with Atomic Blonde or John Wick?

I haven't seen Atomic Blonde, everything about it says awful.

This film definitely isn't John Wick level, not as polished or technical. But still worth a watch.

Caporegime
Jolt was really bad, everything about it was forgettable and I love Kate Beckingsale normally.

Atomic Blonde was good, if John Wick is a 10 then Atomic Blonde is a good stab at about 8.

I would say Kate is near there but I prefer it more due to its Japanese aspect of it. It’s not perfect but Elizabeth Windstead’s acting is good, I even thought that girl is quite good too, just on the right side of annoying.

Although…I must say I saw the twist coming about 15mins in.

Soldato
Atomic Blonde was good, if John Wick is a 10 then Atomic Blonde is a good stab at about 8.
I'd say JW is a 9 and AB a 8.5... No scrap that a 9 too. Just for that stairwell fight.

Watched Kate last night. It was... Ok. Maybe a 6? The fight sequences I thought were fairly dull I'm afraid, I was expecting more.

Caporegime
I'd say JW is a 9 and AB a 8.5... No scrap that a 9 too. Just for that stairwell fight.

Watched Kate last night. It was... Ok. Maybe a 6? The fight sequences I thought were fairly dull I'm afraid, I was expecting more.

I am not ranking John Wick as a 10 in the pantheon of movies, i am saying IF John Wick is a 10 within this small selection of JW, AB, Jolt and Kate. Thus setting the ceiling.

Associate
I would say Kate is near there but I prefer it more due to its Japanese aspect of it. It’s not perfect but Elizabeth Windstead’s acting is good, I even thought that girl is quite good too, just on the right side of annoying.

Although…I must say I saw the twist coming about 15mins in.

I ended up watching this in the late/early hours and really enjoyed the setting. I was hoping for a deeper "revenge" aspect to the overall story, but what it delivered was good enough to keep me glued throughout..

Back
Top Bottom