*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Ranting isn't usually a sign of being "just amused".

But I'm amused as you don't seem to be aware that you're projecting your own behaviour onto the fictional people you've made up to rant at.

He's probably got a Cyberpunk 2077 logo tattooed on his forearm and is growing tired and irritated at finding ways to cover it up so he won't be embarrassed anymore

Caporegime
I can't get into it, tried multiple times to pick it up and it doesn't hold my attention. Time to write it off as a bad investment.

Forget the bugs it's just a bad, boring game.

Man of Honour
I can't get into it, tried multiple times to pick it up and it doesn't hold my attention. Time to write it off as a bad investment.

I think that one of the problems is that the entire first act (up until you steal the biochip) is effectively a tutorial. Lots of pretend-interactive cutscenes. Not much of a game. Not very good for holding people's attention.

I sometimes consider doing another playthrough, but that first act (which can't be skipped) puts me off.

Man of Honour
About 10 hours in, thoroughly enjoying it. The city is amazing.

I hope they make a sequel. And actually finish it this time. CP2077 is a fair way from being genuinely finished and it's still a pretty good game with an excellent setting. A sequel could be really good. They've got the worldbuilding framework in place. They can do storytelling. Most of the ingredients are there.

The city is superficial, but in a way it's fitting that Night City is more facade than substance. It reflects the "reality" of the setting. They've also done a good job of the setting in other ways, such as the jarring juxtaposition of extreme wealth and extreme poverty. It takes a few minutes to walk from Watson to City Centre. Slums to luxury apartments, beautiful parks and architecture and shops where the price of a shirt is more than enough to buy a dozen murders in Watson. Then on to the decaying despair and death of hope that is Pacifica.

Soldato
The city is superficial, but in a way it's fitting that Night City is more facade than substance.

Come on, how many games of this size have a setting which isn't superficial when you think about it

- GTA, check
- Witcher, check
- Sleeping dogs, check
- RDR 2, check

They all just employ different tricks to fake immersion

Soldato

I had the same issue.

I have put 5 hours in to the game and got to the 2nd act but I just could get in to the game and removed it. I did try a number of times to play it as well.

My issue was that it was go here and speak to someone, go here and speak to someone else and then do the odd mission then repeat of go here and speak with another person.

Was not much action\missions.

Man of Honour
In terms of action/missions it is a bit lacking, though there are some decent bits. The story really does open up a lot into the second act but I think it is a game where people will either find the overall ambiance compelling or just struggle to connect with it.

I really think the game deserved better though - once it hits its stride it is, or should be, a really compelling experience IMO but just so much is lacking it severely detracts from it.

Associate
Was not much action\missions.

Don't get this, there's action everywhere.. literally.. I don't think i've even fully cleared the first area of side quests and missions. The main missions are story driven, as they should be, I have even managed to get through them all without skipping dialogues so far.

Soldato
Don't get this, there's action everywhere.. literally.. I don't think i've even fully cleared the first area of side quests and missions. The main missions are story driven, as they should be, I have even managed to get through them all without skipping dialogues so far.
I was following the story and didnt do any of the side quests etc which maybe why I thought this

Soldato
Update 1.31 now live on steam

4.7Gb

Patch 1.31 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles, and Stadia. Here's the list of changes for this update.

Please note that the issues listed below did not affect all players.

Gameplay

• Fixed an issue where after upgrading an item with a quest tag, the base version of said item wasn't removed from the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where weapon reload speed perks slowed down reload time.
  • Corrected the height of the charged jump.
  • Adjusted enemies' stealth detection speed dependent on game difficulty.
  • V will no longer get stuck in falling animation when crashing a motorbike while also having "The Rock" perk.

Quests & Open World

DisasterpieceThese Boots Are Made for Walkin'Beat on the BratWith a Little Help from My FriendsThe Nomad

Visual

• Fixed an issue where roads after rain did not look wet, which was the result of ongoing work on the Wet Surfaces System. In 1.31 wet surfaces should look more detailed than they did even before the issue occurred.
  • Removed hair and/or eyebrows in cases where they were set to "off" in earlier game versions.
  • Fixed an issue where shooting with a Tech weapon caused a momentary blinding light.
  • With a Little Help from My Friends — fixed an issue where Carol was missing her tablet or sitting in the air during a scene.

UI

• Returned missing descriptions in Overheat and Short Circuit quickhack tooltips.
  • Returned missing descriptions for Backpacker, Resist!, Osmosis and Footloose clothing mods.

Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue where players couldn't claim in-game Registration Rewards due to the error: "A network error has occurred. Please try again later".

Console-specific

• [PlayStation] GPU memory optimization.

Back
Top Bottom