*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
The ‘free dlc’ that has been released so far has been underwhelming to say the least. There’s more to come if data-mined info is to be believed, but nothing like an actual expansion from what I have seen.

Patch 1.3 brought 3 pieces of DLC for anyone that is interested but hasn’t seen it yet.
  • 1 new look for Johnny
  • 2 new Jackets
  • 1 new car (if you made certain in game choices.)
The patch itself delivered fixes and bugs, as have the other patches, but the above is the only content labelled DLC.

I think the game has improved since launch, but many issues still remain, including ones that were present at release.
It still looks stunning if you have the hardware to run it, but IMHO still plays like it is in early access. It feels unpolished and unfinished and no amount of drip fed cosmetic ‘DLC’ is going to fix that.

We’re less than 2 months away from the inevitable “CP2077 a year on” reviews and look backs now, so perhaps CDPR will be releasing fixes and content with that in mind. However, given what I’ve seen so far I’m not expecting much, and they certainly can’t afford anymore ‘crunch time’ drama.

I decided to keep it knowing about the issues, so I’m playing it on and off either way, but the ‘DLC’ doesn’t excite me at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't get what's so difficult about understanding that they are working on the game (literally 60% of the team is still on it), and they are being quiet because they simply want to start talking only when it will be near finished, whatever it is they are working on ?
It is fairly obvious that they want to do a soft "relaunch" of the game for the newgen consoles/PC, so their efforts go into making it a substantial update. In parallel, work on expansion is going on.

When No Man Sky came out and the diarrheastorm of the century ensued, Hello Games also went quiet and just worked until they had first expansion ready to go, and then same thing with another, and another.

Soldato
It is almost a year since the delayed release.
No mission packs.
No new processes.
No continuation to story.

Not surprised given the release speed.
Not surprised that people are miffed.

I still enjoyed the game, but some aspects could be vastly better.

Soldato
Still playing it on/off for about 250hrs and still really enjoy all the side-quests just as much as the main story (Judy, Claire, River, Kerry etc) but having run through the game about 6 times now (140hrs for the first - and best - time to averaging under 20hrs to "speedrun" the various endings).

Since I started playing last year I've recently updated my two gaming systems - PC & Gaming Laptop - from an Intel 2600k & 1070 on my PC and 7700HQ & 1070 MaxQ on my Laptop to an AMD 5900X & 3080 on my PC and 5800H & 3080 MaxQ (165w) on my Laptop and, with both, the difference in graphical quality being able to play at 4K with everything set to max (or near as I can) is amazing!

My hope for the 1st paid DLC would be 2 more side stories at least with a single main story but I honestly don't think we'll get that and will get less. Even if they added dozens more mini-missions (the yellow exclamation mark missions etc) or even more Blue tiny missions (NYPD stuff) it'd help, as I've completed every single last thing on the map on my 140hr run-through and then spent another 10-ish hours just exploring roofs, behind buildings etc for extra content, so I'm eager for more.

Associate
I really want to play but there's nothing to do once you complete the short main quest line. You are only left with beat the brat and silly little side quests where you can one shot all the mobs. CP really could have done with another couple of years of development. Can't believe it's made by the same people who made the Witcher

Soldato
Despite it's flaws I still enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than The Witcher 3 - and I didn't even finish 1 or 2 as I gave up, but that is down to the setting and combat more than any technical issues.

As you say though the difficulty becomes silly easy, maybe try some mods? In W3 I remember upping the difficulty when I became too powerful, they are missing that option in CP2077.

Soldato
yeah currently sitting it out playing other games
I'd imagine they are making sure the redengine is in a good state after all the rushed hacks. It's their main engine and will most likely go on to power next Witcher in some form as well
The next proper expansion has to be really good so will just take some time

Soldato
I really want to play but there's nothing to do once you complete the short main quest line. You are only left with beat the brat and silly little side quests where you can one shot all the mobs.

Still playing it on/off for about 250hrs and still really enjoy all the side-quests just as much as the main story (Judy, Claire, River, Kerry etc)

As mentioned above, there's about 8-9 side quests which are multi-mission storylines which expand your understanding of the game/canon. These are some of them - Judy, Claire, River, Kerry, Peralez (mayor), Sinnerman, Delamain, Brendan (vending machine), Cyber Monks etc etc and it should take more than 10hrs to complete all of these. Some are maybe just 2-3 linked missions maybe 5 mins long each, however some are way bigger with special cut-scenes and/or braindances and they tend to have 5+ missions each taking 30mins+ per mission.

There is 80 side quests in total, so thats a whole lot of time, lore to soak up your time in. It took me 140hrs to complete the game the first time and once you've spent that sort of time living in that "world", simply redoing just the 14hr "main campaign" on it's own is severely lacking TBH. I think, if you're able to, you really do need to spend the time to do "everything" to get a better appreciation for just how lightly the main quest scratches the surface of Night City because, if you can't, you'll be missing out on so much more.

Associate
I'm enjoying it a lot. 47hrs in, about to start Act 3, and done maybe 3/4 of the major side quests now also.

It looks and runs amazingly, Night City is a place like nothing else in any other game. They have done a superb job worldbuilding, like @ianh says, the side quests and other in game lore is really important to the experience. The core mechanics like gunplay, hacking, stealth and cybernetics are all good so I find once I get stuck into a mission the other issues don't really matter.

Yes, there are a ton of features that are either bare bones or require a total rewrite/rebalance but personally I'm not sure they detract from my enjoyment.

Honestly I don't really want DLC/expansions. I think they'd be better to park 2077 and work on the sequel. Improved city AI, balanced loot, modding and crafting, better driving would take it from good to great but are all too large to realistically fix in the current game.

Soldato
Nextgen updates for both C77 and Witcher 3 confirmed for 2022 at the earliest. It is clear that this update will be substantial rework of the game and CDP very very seriously do not want to repeat their mistake with the launch.

Man of Honour
It is clear that this update will be substantial rework of the game and CDP very very seriously do not want to repeat their mistake with the launch.

Based on what? they literally haven't said more than "it has decided to allocate additional time to both projects" which is meaningless in any interpretation.

Associate
Nextgen updates for both C77 and Witcher 3 confirmed for 2022 at the earliest. It is clear that this update will be substantial rework of the game and CDP very very seriously do not want to repeat their mistake with the launch.

Its this sort of purely invented fan hype that got out of control before the original release - albeit egged on by CDPR themselves.

Back
Top Bottom