The Tesla Thread

Associate
After a lot a research, deliberation and waiting for the funds, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Blue SR+ on Saturday.

I then found out after ordering, that Tesla had stopped the referral scheme that day! So no free supercharger miles for me haha.

I filled in all the required details regarding driving license photos etc the same day, then strangely after logging into my account today to see if they required anything else, I was shown ‘Order on Hold’ with the option to select ‘I’m Ready’. Not sure why it was on hold but I selected I’m ready anyway and everything seems fine again.

Anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, it’s estimated for November but after speaking to the sales assistant last week it’s looking more like mid December. It’s going to be a LONG wait for the early Xmas present!

Soldato
After a lot a research, deliberation and waiting for the funds, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Blue SR+ on Saturday.

I then found out after ordering, that Tesla had stopped the referral scheme that day! So no free supercharger miles for me haha.

I filled in all the required details regarding driving license photos etc the same day, then strangely after logging into my account today to see if they required anything else, I was shown ‘Order on Hold’ with the option to select ‘I’m Ready’. Not sure why it was on hold but I selected I’m ready anyway and everything seems fine again.

Anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, it’s estimated for November but after speaking to the sales assistant last week it’s looking more like mid December. It’s going to be a LONG wait for the early Xmas present!
It was probably put on hold to stop you being allocated a car in September at the last minute if someone cancels/pulls-out. If you can accept a car at short notice in September, clicking I'm Ready would make you available for that if it arose. Leaving it on hold until the start of October would move you out of Q3 deliveries into Q4 (Oct - Dec).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Collection day for me in 3 days. Electrician is currently at the house fitting the charger and doing some other bits and pieces. Starting to get excited now!

Collecting from Bristol which is approx a 2hr drive home, so I hope to take a small detour to the Cardiff supercharger and see how that works (they've got some of the newest gen 3 chargers that can do 250kW :D)

Associate
It was probably put on hold to stop you being allocated a car in September at the last minute if someone cancels/pulls-out. If you can accept a car at short notice in September, clicking I'm Ready would make you available for that if it arose. Leaving it on hold until the start of October would move you out of Q3 deliveries into Q4 (Oct - Dec).
Ah ok thanks. Well I won’t say no to an earlier one.

Soldato
Collection day for me in 3 days. Electrician is currently at the house fitting the charger and doing some other bits and pieces. Starting to get excited now!

Collecting from Bristol which is approx a 2hr drive home, so I hope to take a small detour to the Cardiff supercharger and see how that works (they've got some of the newest gen 3 chargers that can do 250kW :D)

plug in, it chargers. That simple...lol

Don't expect anything near 250kw - unless you have pre-warmed battery and 20/25% left in it - you'll get a lot less than 250kW - still quick, but it tails off quick over 50/60%

Soldato
picking up on Friday. Anything I should know about the collection ? Do they just give you the cards, and then that's it? Anything specific should make sure of at the collection ? I want to check the flushness of the rear doors an thing else need checking? I need to also add second driver to the tesla account but I don't think I can do that until I have the car marked as 'delivered' in the app ? I Want to set up teslafi as well, can I do this immedietetly there and then so I get lifetime data in the system ?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

picking up on Friday. Anything I should know about the collection ? Do they just give you the cards, and then that's it? Anything specific should make sure of at the collection ? I want to check the flushness of the rear doors an thing else need checking? I need to also add second driver to the tesla account but I don't think I can do that until I have the car marked as 'delivered' in the app ? I Want to set up teslafi as well, can I do this immedietetly there and then so I get lifetime data in the system ?
You should have had loads of text messages about the collection :eek:

The process is described in your Tesla account but you'll (person nominated on the purchase/lease) need ID, proof of insurance (not mandatory, but wouldn't hurt to take) and know how to drive the car.

I believe adding a second driver is easy once you're in the car and have access to all the keycards.

Lots of YouTubers have got a collection checklist, but most of them basically say to check everything. I.e. test every button, turn on heated seats, open doors/windows and panel gaps.

Soldato
I Want to set up teslafi as well, can I do this immedietetly there and then so I get lifetime data in the system ?

Yep you can. I did this, although I swapped to Teslamate which is MUCH better and prettier to look at/use/customise, but it requires self-hosting (I use a Raspberry Pi) or you can pay to have it hosted I think. Teslafi costs as well though.

Soldato
Teslafi seemed reasonable and plug and go. Will check out teslamate. Can i get retroactive data or is it only when its polled at the time. Yeah only texts have been to watch some youtube videos on how to start it up.

Soldato
Teslafi seemed reasonable and plug and go. Will check out teslamate. Can i get retroactive data or is it only when its polled at the time. Yeah only texts have been to watch some youtube videos on how to start it up.

You can only get it 'live' with any app; Tesla don't give up historical data without a court order pretty much, hence all the apps capturing it on the fly!

3D1qWL3.jpg

Custom dash... longest drive obvs broke atm based on an updated variable lol.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Wouldn't this sort of app drain your battery? It's polling the car 24/7 and uploading it to the cloud :confused:

Soldato
Wouldn't this sort of app drain your battery? It's polling the car 24/7 and uploading it to the cloud :confused:

apparently it checks if the car is asleep first via tesla. Then if not it polls otherwise it waits…. Theres some debate on thenactual legality of using/abusing the API like this but its been going on years and tesla havent done anything so its probably ok for now. Secretly tesla probly like it

Soldato
I don’t have any recommendations but I saw an interesting video the other day testing a Hancock EV and non EV version of a tyre on an etron and the EV version was clearly superior on that car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom