Greta Thunberg

Man of Honour
Greta sucks coz she hasn't single-handedly taken on China

She hasn't taken on anybody.
She was the one who was invited to speak at loads of events because of her School Strikes For Climate, perhaps if China invited her she may go there.
Even though she was invited to dozens nobody listened and that's why we saw her lose her temper at one.

Caporegime
Completely incorrect. The rest of the world can make a significant difference.
If the top 3 make 50% of the problem.
The next 20 25% and the rest of the world 25%
No we cant.
Pray for fusion power or start building 100s of fission plants.
I bet my co2 footprint is the lowest of everyone here by miles.
The smaller countries have to do 3 or 4 times the work of the worst. Just to try and balance the equation.

Permabanned
The planet is over populated full stop!

Agreed. We should be <1 billion at our present resource consumption level.

Who is about to decide who should live and who should not? The fascists?

You (the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and West Europe) are 1 billion people and yet consume the resources for 5 planets, how about that even 1 billion people can destroy the environment VERY fast!?

Soldato
Doesn't help that third worlders who can't even feed themselves are squeezing out babies non-stop. A while back the BBC had a report from somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa where a woman was living under a bivouac and had 25 children with another on the way Another report had a woman in Yemen with 9 kids and had already lost 4. We need to cut all aid and simply let nature take it's course.

Yeah and the infant mortality rate is ridiculous. The percentage of children making it to 18 isn't great either. On top of that they consume next to nothing compared to what we consume. Africans having lots of children isn't the problem and I'm not sure what makes you think it is.

Soldato
Yeah and the infant mortality rate is ridiculous. The percentage of children making it to 18 isn't great either. On top of that they consume next to nothing compared to what we consume. Africans having lots of children isn't the problem and I'm not sure what makes you think it is.

It would be a big problem if they became a developing nation like India.

Associate

You (the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and West Europe) are 1 billion people and yet consume the resources for 5 planets, how about that even 1 billion people can destroy the environment VERY fast!?

War will decide who lives or dies. When one countries ambitions out ways it’s neighbours. History repeats itself over and over and nobody learns anything from it.

Permabanned
War will decide who lives or dies. When one countries ambitions out ways it’s neighbours. History repeats itself over and over and nobody learns anything from it.

A nuclear war would decide that no one will live and that will be the end of the modern civilisation as we know it.

Soldato
It would be a big problem if they became a developing nation like India.

If they did the birth rate would drop within a couple of generations, just like it has in Europe. You need not only a good health service but a social security system so old people are not left destitute when they can no longer work if they don't have children to care for them.

Soldato
If they did the birth rate would drop within a couple of generations, just like it has in Europe. You need not only a good health service but a social security system so old people are left destitute when they can no longer work if they don't have children to care for them.

It didn't in India.

Soldato
If the top 3 make 50% of the problem.
The next 20 25% and the rest of the world 25%
No we cant.
Pray for fusion power or start building 100s of fission plants.
I bet my co2 footprint is the lowest of everyone here by miles.
The smaller countries have to do 3 or 4 times the work of the worst. Just to try and balance the equation.
How much are you betting on your co2 footprint?

Caporegime

If you have access to the Internet you die.

Seems fair

Caporegime
Let's see your house then
lol i dont live off the grid* but im pretty sure northern Sweden has 3x the regulation and more efficient hydroelectricity production than anywhere in the UK.
I dont have kids (probably biggest contributor)
I don't have a car
i recycle 95% of our rubbish, we throw away about a carrier bags full every 2 weeks.
You cant breath here without someone complaining about CO2 emissions.
Its nauseatingly clean and the weirdest thing is people have grown up for generations, its not just being rammed down their throats now.

*relatively speaking

Permabanned
If you have access to the Internet you die.

In some sense, the internet is evil.
It is not normal that people sitting on the same table all look in their own smartphones, and don't communicate with each other.

This is just a case and off topic. But you brought the off topic.

Associate

Who decided we should force all kids to go to school globally? Some decisions end up elevating humanity. I say it was that decision that has created the modern world.
Yes maybe 1 billion people isn't low enough. Hence the need to change how we all live. If we all take responsibility; individually, local level, district, country wide, globally. But change usually takes time unfortunately. First you have to agree something is happening - we're still at that stage zzzz.

Back
Top Bottom