It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Soldato
Tongue in cheek, whenever I read a post that runs London down, my first thought is that it’s from some anguished soul who wished that he/she could afford to live here.
All jokes aside, I’ve been trying to convince my wife to move to S.W. France for almost 20 years, but being a Peckham girl, she’s convinced that she’d never learn French, and is terrified of losing me in the street and being lost alone.
I want to leave U.K., but if I have to stay here, I’d never move from London.

People run it down because its too... busy/dirty/crime ridden.

Soldato
Anyone who shouts at the poor petrol station staff should be asked to leave the queue and if they have some fuel, siphon what they put in. Then banned until the fuel situation is ok.

These idiots have never worked in retail and don’t understand that the staff have zero control of the fuel tankers and in my situation, delivery lorries.

Associate
Queues have died down round here. My local was rammed Saturday but today it had 2/3 cars waiting in the road compared over 100 on Saturday. I filled up when I went to Costco on Tuesday as there was only a small queue.

Associate
Queues have died down round here. My local was rammed Saturday but today it had 2/3 cars waiting in the road compared over 100 on Saturday. I filled up when I went to Costco on Tuesday as there was only a small queue.

I have to drive half the north circ in london to get home from work and not one petrol station had fuel nor does the 5 stations that are around me. I think its a London problem now.

Soldato

They're definitely declining there were two whole stations open this evening and the queues were only about 50 yards at one and 100 yards at the other rather than miles of it. At 10pm.

Associate
I'm genuinely interested if the fuel panic buying is a regional thing.

I filled the car up today, as I do every payday. No queues, no suggestion of shortages. Also, the vehicle I drive at work averages about 20mpg, so it requires refuelling twice a day. Been to multiple fuel stations over the last week. No queues, no lack of diesel.

Soldato
Thats the problem set deliveries rather than delivery on demand areas with low demand have full pumps whereas areas with high demand are dry because theres no flexlibility in the system.

Northerners are so slow by the time they realised theres a problem the pumps have been refilled!

:D:D

It was great fill up a full tank on the A69 to Newcastle(None of this £30 max nonsense) :):)

Man of Honour
I wouldn't want to live in London, I'm not exactly a huge fan of even just visiting.... but then I do live in Norfolk where all the Londoners keep buying up the houses (at over inflated prices) for their holiday/retirement homes :p

My ex wife lives in Norwich, she was a wonderful wife and mother, I wouldn’t hear a word against her, but I think that it’s better that I stay down here in civilisation and she enjoys life in Norfolk.

Associate

I filled the car up today, as I do every payday. No queues, no suggestion of shortages. Also, the vehicle I drive at work averages about 20mpg, so it requires refuelling twice a day. Been to multiple fuel stations over the last week. No queues, no lack of diesel.

It almost certainly is.
Where I am in nw scotland, never seen a single que or even a pump out since all this began. Which is a massive relief for me as use lot if fuel to run my business.

Soldato
There are thickos that live near me as long queues or some may have driven a few miles to join queues.
I’m happy for one of them to accept only local (in certain postcodes areas) and show driving licence as proof of address.

Soldato
Have we hung all the Brexit Party members from the battlements of the Tower of London yet? Hmm that won't stop Patel, I believe there is are arcane methods available to contain those without a pulse - perhaps an oubliette? Then we can leave them all in there as Cannibal Reality TV and feed the Brexit voters in each week. Should make a national state Deadpool Lotto for how long they survive..

Soldato

Seems like it. It has been pretty bad for me (Outskirts of london) but my mate who is on the border of wales ( North side) was surprised at how bad it was for me.

Found this interesting post on facebook (makes a change)

Petrol tanker drivers have an ADR qualification as well as a HGV licence. They need this for them to drive petrol tanker lorries.
There is a shortage of HGV drivers. That's a true fact.
However HGV drivers cannot drive a petrol Tanker lorry without having an ADR qualification.
The UK had ADR drivers last week. NOTHING repeat NOTHING changed much in a week. Maybe some holiday or some sickness but not, I doubt a dramatic change.
The ADR drivers that were driving last week are still driving this week delivering fuel. So nothing has changed.
The petrol panic we are now experiencing is all down too media hype.
It's not because of brexit because all the EU drivers went back to Europe. Which is some of the reasons being banded about.
These EU HGV driver's, left months ago, and yet the country was still getting fuel without problems up until today.
So what's changed? Nothing !!
Apart from the disgraceful media hype and scaremongering to make news. Too sensationalise the fact that a couple of petrol stations were getting a late delivery so they closed.
The Result of the media scaremongering!!
Massive panic and chaos by everyone. Which is now causing a shortage of fuel until the ADR drivers, that we already had delivering fuel a few days ago, can deliver again.
The media should be fined and penalised, severely for publicising false news and creating the crazy situation that has been going on all today. Disgusting. They should hold their heads in shame.
And to top it the government have 1000’s of trained military personnel who are available if there was a real fuel crisis. Bloody Media!! Bloody sheep, bloody selfish mentality.

Also this gem :cry:

242930595_10158750684786448_1659133732293298635_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom