• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Soldato
My 6800XT is driving me mental. It loads the first map of CSGO no issues. Second map will hang no matter what I try every little google trick i find. It takes 2 to 3 minutes to load. Stick an old nvidia in no issue. Run the 680xt in pop os no issue. Something with this card just hates loading cs go maps on windows and I'm not the only one with this issue.

Permabanned
It is, I'll do that now.

My working hours prevent me from contacting the customer service line.

Thanks for the suggestion!

That has happend in the past. Months ago, many people purchased Gigabyte 6800XTs only to have all their orders cancelled, they said it was due to their system taking orders when the product was out of stock. Maybe they can offer you an alternative GPU?

Soldato
My Sapphire 6800XT nitro oc has been hitting temps of 73c on core and 94c on junction, should i be worried? I know 110c is when it throttles. And this is with gpu auto undervolt. Thats during a game of Subnautica.

Last edited:
Soldato
My 6800XT is driving me mental. It loads the first map of CSGO no issues. Second map will hang no matter what I try every little google trick i find. It takes 2 to 3 minutes to load. Stick an old nvidia in no issue. Run the 680xt in pop os no issue. Something with this card just hates loading cs go maps on windows and I'm not the only one with this issue.
By any chance is the game on a separate drive to Windows

You can verify if this bug affects you by looking at your shader cache folder, if it's got a bunch of 64kb files it's bugged (something is stopping it from saving more cache beyond 64kb)

C:\Users\ [username] \AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache

Half my games perform very badly if on a different drive to Windows (reinstalling on drive c fixes it every time) which is bizarre, and if I knew this before, I would not have bought this card

Last edited:
Soldato

You can verify if this bug affects you by looking at your shader cache folder, if it's got a bunch of 64kb files it's bugged (something is stopping it from saving more cache beyond 64kb)

Half my games perform very badly if on a different drive to Windows (reinstalling on drive c fixes it every time) which is bizarre, and if I knew this before, I would not have bought this card

Have to ask but how on earth is that the GPU's fault ? Surely that's a game/Store platform issue ?

Soldato

Checked and yes total bunch of 64kb files and was on a separate SSD. Will give this a quick try and if it works then awesome.

Soldato
Has not resolved it. Deleted everything to do with steam. Registry files etc and every cache and app data file. Full clean reinstall of drivers from AMD. Same nonsense of 64kb files one map load then instant hang on the next mapload for 2 to 3 minutes. Kind of remembering why I had not had a AMD GPU for about 10 years plus at this point hah.

Associate
Recently purchased the Sapphire Pulse 6800XT from OCUK :cry:
Done so by selling older GPUs with change for some more Haribo.
Anyway my question is what is the most effective / simple way to get some extra horsepower from the card using the Radeon Software?
I used to have the Radeon VII and that card loved max power and max VRAM, with a small undervolt to 1000mV.
Can i do the same on this 6800XT?
Also to note i have Smart Access Memory enabled.
I mainly play Battlefield 2042.

Caporegime
Recently purchased the Sapphire Pulse 6800XT from OCUK :cry:
Done so by selling older GPUs with change for some more Haribo.
Anyway my question is what is the most effective / simple way to get some extra horsepower from the card using the Radeon Software?
I used to have the Radeon VII and that card loved max power and max VRAM, with a small undervolt to 1000mV.
Can i do the same on this 6800XT?
Also to note i have Smart Access Memory enabled.
I mainly play Battlefield 2042.
+15% power limit, memory at either 2112 or 2124Mhz (whichever gives higher FPS) + Fast Timings set, minimum clock frequency 100Mhz below max clock frequency in GPU Tuning.

Increase both min/max core clock frequency in 25Mhz increments until you either stop seeing performance increases (use Timespy to check graphics score) or you get a driver/Timespy crash or artifacts.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for your help...

+15% power limit, memory at either 2112 or 2124Mhz (whichever gives higher FPS) + Fast Timings set, minimum clock frequency 100Mhz below max clock frequency in GPU Tuning.

Increase both min/max core clock frequency in 25Mhz increments until you either stop seeing performance increases (use Timespy to check graphics score) or you get a driver/Timespy crash or artifacts.

Associate
My Sapphire 6800XT nitro oc has been hitting temps of 73c on core and 94c on junction, should i be worried? I know 110c is when it throttles. And this is with gpu auto undervolt. Thats during a game of Subnautica.

Just to second this I have the same card and the delta between the GPU and hotspot temps is similar. I've managed to undervolt mine to 1.050 volts at default clocks and it's reduced it by a few degrees while running cooler overall and sucking down less power. Performance has even increased slightly too. Couple that with setting memory to 2112MHz with fast timings as LtMatt says and you'll get a slightly faster, quieter and cooler card.

Damn I love this card, as I keep repeating (because I'm very torn and can't make my damned mind up) I managed to snag an RTX 3090 FE at the last drop and don't know whether to switch to it or keep the 6800 XT and sell the FE to a friend or return it. Bah!

Soldato
Just to second this I have the same card and the delta between the GPU and hotspot temps is similar. I've managed to undervolt mine to 1.050 volts at default clocks and it's reduced it by a few degrees while running cooler overall and sucking down less power. Performance has even increased slightly too. Couple that with setting memory to 2112MHz with fast timings as LtMatt says and you'll get a slightly faster, quieter and cooler card.

Damn I love this card, as I keep repeating (because I'm very torn and can't make my damned mind up) I managed to snag an RTX 3090 FE at the last drop and don't know whether to switch to it or keep the 6800 XT and sell the FE to a friend or return it. Bah!

Ah that's interesting thanks for that. Are those your settings for the card? Can you let me know all the settings you use. I'll try mine exactly the same thanks. :)

Ninja edit.. I've just seen LtMatt post above I'll try his settings are now it goes.

Associate
Ninja edit.. I've just seen LtMatt post above I'll try his settings are now it goes.

No worries. If you do want to try my settings they are literally just what I said above:

Set voltage to 1.050v (which is 100mv lower than stock)
Set mem clock to 2112MHz
Set memory timings to fast

And it's as simple as that! The core to hot spot delta can still be mid to high teens but doesn't reach 20°c anymore.

Back
Top Bottom