*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Had 1 quick round and my initial thoughts

- Graphically it looked really nice. I did put everything up on ultra to see how my system would handle it so no doubt there is some performance to be gained with changing settings and a driver update from nvidia. My only complaint is that it's perhaps a little too colourful and everything appears a bit over saturated

- I haven't properly played a BF game in a while, only managed to get 100 hours out of BF5 before getting bored. Did dabble in returns to BF4 a few months ago but I need to get back into the swing of how to play

- The map is too large. Even with 128 players, it felt like a lot of running between points to see any action. Again this could be used to me playing a lot of Modern Warfare and Splitgate recently

- I really like how you can change gun attachments on the fly, reminded me of Crysis and something I always thought was nice.

- Going back to my first point about performance, seems OK. Maybe I sometimes expect a bit too much from my PC but I was floating between 60-80fps depending where I was and what was going on. I did see the occasional dip down to 55 but with GSync it wasn't too noticeable. That was with everything set to Ultra at 3840x1600 with an i7 9700k, 16GB RAM and a RTX 3090.

After 30 minutes I'm not 100% sold it's worth £50 just yet but I'll get a lot more games in over the weekend and see if it grows on me with time.

I could be wrong but on bfV you would have been getting 100-120 frames with your setup

Soldato
My first impressions at 4k 60fps with a RTX 3080 and a Ryzen 1800x:

CPU usage at 30-45% no problems there it looks like I won't have to upgrade for this generation either.

GPU performance is shocking less than half of BF V while looking slightly worse? Not sure how they managed that. Barely holding 60fps with usage between 90-99%.

Lots of glitches all around hope they sort them out by launch. Shooting feels good.

I guess it feels like a battlefield. Way more excited for Halo Infinite multiplayer to be honest.

Soldato
Haven't got "the feeling" for it yet, the map feels way oversized for the amount of players and only feels like it's a 24 player count.

The few ground vehicles I've been in feel like they are capped at about 15mph.

Caporegime
Haven't had this for years! - Was running really well until I got into the Helicopter

Clipboard02.jpg

But yes performance is terrible compared to how it looks (beta)

Caporegime
Only watched some vids so far, again they include the hit detection issue causing slide mechanic. Every game they've included this in there's been complaints about it screwing with hit detection and somehow accelerating the player using it. Good to see they listen.

Associate
Had a quick go myself and it looked nice, game and gun play were both good but it did feel janky in places. Some of the animations weren't great and I don't like the 'scoreboard'

I am looking at the Gold version of the game, will also play some over the weekend and make a final decision.

Man of Honour
Just did my first round and I'm sold. I'm very rusty as I've not played much BF games since the early days of BF1 (hated BF5) so its going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things and learn the nuances of this title but I really enjoyed that, LOVE the big maps, feels much more like the scale of the BF1942 maps and the gunplay feels very BFBC2 to me. If it still feels this good after a few more rounds then its a certain buy for me

Oh and best of all, theres no scoreboard? Or at least I didnt see one, thats awesome

Soldato
Just had a go on it and my fire button is stuck ON. ANd try to go to change settings and that screen just goes to 'keep settings' thus unable to change any settings (wanted to find what button primary fire is). I use an orbweaver keypad but cant imagine after 15 years of using one it would affect this? SO not managed to have a go on it yet.

Another mate cant join servers as it says there is a problem with the internet.

Others seem to be in there playing so some oddities and irregular issues.

Associate
Anyone playing this game on outdated hardware? Looking to see what settings / fps I might expect from a GTX 980 at 1080p before I decide to purchase.

im in the same boat but with a 970 :p i just downloaded the beta and waiting until the 8th when its open to everyone to test it out
really need an upgrade but no way im paying current prices so i might have to miss this one for a while until things settle down

Man of Honour
Ah I see, theres a little squad scoreboard thing but doesnt look like there is a complete player list scoreboard like previous BF games....thank goodness. Been saying for so many years that they need to get rid of that scoreboard so this is a move in the right direction at least !

Underboss
Liking it here, some initial thoughts:

Movement feels quick
Guns feel punchy
Looks good
Needs optimising
Sniper, with a bazooka and an AR is different
AI are very dumb
Air vehicles are Bf4 levels of powerful
Love the weapon quick change for scopes and barrels etc

Not tried tanking yet and only had a couple of games but enjoyed it so far, my 3070ti and 3680x1440 seems to be coping okay, hopefully with some optimisation and a new driver it will be sound.

Man of Honour
Liking it here, some initial thoughts:

Movement feels quick
Guns feel punchy
Looks good
Needs optimising
Sniper, with a bazooka and an AR is different
AI are very dumb
Air vehicles are Bf4 levels of powerful
Love the weapon quick change for scopes and barrels etc

Not tried tanking yet and only had a couple of games but enjoyed it so far, my 3070ti and 3680x1440 seems to be coping okay, hopefully with some optimisation and a new driver it will be sound.

The attachments UI thing is brilliant...one thing I would add to that list is that I wish the Objective markers were larger on your HUD, its not really all that clear where the objectives are so I feel like the little A, B, C etc icons that hover on your HUD could do with being a little larger.

Back
Top Bottom