• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD demonstrates Ryzen 9 5900X prototype with 3D V-Cache stack chiplet design

Soldato
So you are an expert on processor microarchitecture now :D. How did they improve the performance of Alder Lake if its just Skylake cores + small cores bolted on?

It's not the same if the L3 cache has been increased to 30MB for the top model.

Or, do you think Intel has exaggerated IPC improvements? tbf wouldnt be the 1st time.

L3 cache is unifiable. Look at the L1 and L2 that is the individual bit baked into the chip design.

What have Intel shown?

Caporegime
That's interesting, is this the first actual game benchmark?

In Tomb Raider there are two CPU results and as i don't read mandarin i don't know what they are but in the first one the 5950X is substantially quicker than the 12900K, 454 for the 12900K and 533 for the 5950X.

That's a difference of 17% to the 5950X.

5950X on win 10 with the 12900K on win 11, Is this why Ryzen is gimped on win 11? eh? :D

Forza 4 not TR, my mistake....

Soldato
Well you don't have to wait long to see reviews, it will available to buy with any luck, in November.

We’ve already seen Skylake and Trentmont.
But what did Intel say? I watched the presentation and all Intel’s wanted to show was Ponte Vecchio and Graphics cards.

Caporegime
Give them half a chance, I'm sure they'll have a big launch at some point.
Not with the sort of rhetoric they put out, over the last few years Intel have been nothing but smoke and mirrors, have we forgotten about water chillers hidden behind curtains and comparison slide with cherry picked headlines of products that are not comparable? The constant snarking at their competitors?

Intel don't understand letting your products do the talking in a dignified way, they hired Ryan Shrout FFS.... what sort of a company hires someone known to be a monipulative shilling little thorn, people of the same mentality.

As far as i'm concerned its Intel who need to prove themselves, and all i'm seeing so far is the same old Intel which tells me they have nothing that should worry AMD, those so called CPU-Z and Cinebench leaks, deliberate and controlled and i don't believe in coincidences. its not a coincidence that Intel worked with MS on Win 11 with AMD apparently excluded and their performance is gimped on win 11, its actually Intel's MO, they have a long history of doing exactly this sort of crap.

I have 0 respect for Intel.

Caporegime
Yeah it looks impressive and clearly shows where Intel has been pouring it’s R&D budget.

Yeah tho i hope its gets better because an RTX 3070 / 6700XT competitor at a similar RRP so close to when Nvidia / AMD will be retiring them for replacements is not really good enough.

But i'm happy for now and confident in future competition.

Soldato
We need someone like Intel to secure the graphics market long term. The CPU market is good but AMD can’t supply the CPU, Consoles and GPU market alone while relentlessly pushing processor development.

Soldato
That's interesting, is this the first actual game benchmark?

In Tomb Raider there are two CPU results and as i don't read mandarin i don't know what they are but in the first one the 5950X is substantially quicker than the 12900K, 454 for the 12900K and 533 for the 5950X.

That's a difference of 17% to the 5950X.

5950X on win 10 with the 12900K on win 11, Is this why Ryzen is gimped on win 11? eh? :D

:D

ADL doesn't work with W10, it deactivates the small cores. :D

Soldato
Already has stopped one of our clients taking any systems at all on LGA1700, and we were excited to test it especially the low power parts that we use heavily in 1U systems. Looks like Windows 11 could prevent the sales from the actual biggest users, e.g. corporate and industry, and leave it to the people selling at retail to try and convince people it is a good idea.

Soldato
Already has stopped one of our clients taking any systems at all on LGA1700, and we were excited to test it especially the low power parts that we use heavily in 1U systems. Looks like Windows 11 could prevent the sales from the actual biggest users, e.g. corporate and industry, and leave it to the people selling at retail to try and convince people it is a good idea.

To be honest, at the moment that would apply to any of us running AMD systems as well. Until MS sort Win11 to give proper performance to AMD cpu's, i for one will not "upgrade" to Win11

Back
Top Bottom